To unlock the Storm besides for travel overseas? I can see having the flexibility option for that but why unlock domestically if the speeds are slower? Is it just for roaming purposes? I've heard about unlocking the Storm and wondering if I need/should do it? Are there advantages to running my Verizon phone on say AT&T or Sprint?

I don't mean to come off like a smart a$$, I'm just curious and wondering if it would be beneficial to me?

Can anyone help? Thanks.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-26-09 05:58 AM
    Since you are a Verizon user, the only reason for you to unlock your Storm is to sell it to a non-Verizon user. If unlocked, the GSM side of your Storm can be used in the US by GSM users. That's different from the 8830, where the GSM side can only be used on European GSM frequencies.
    05-26-09 07:06 AM
    Thank you for your answer. I appreciate it.
    05-26-09 07:21 AM
    i guess you could unlock and do a bass akwards "dual NAM" setup, for like voice/sms, etc...but idk how easy it is to switch back and forth...and i speculate that you could only have data on one service...

jeff, any input on the possibility for a scenario like this? i haven't heard of anyone doing such a thing.
    05-26-09 04:39 PM
    Wow. If haven't heard the term dual NAM since I was a Cellular-1 customer...with an analog bag phone! I don't know anybody that's doing that today. But I wouldn't necessarily know.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-26-09 08:59 PM
    i guess the only hang up would be that you can only have one BIS account, and you could only have it with one carrier, and one set of service books...so it would be strictly voice and sms only for the dual function aspect...but if you needed two numbers it could work.
    05-27-09 01:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD