Is it possible that storm owers will benefit from the storm 2? By making things (apps or OS) designed for the storm2 compatible for the storm.

with the skill on this site won't they be able to steal codes and make it work on the storm?

Just curious....I barely know how to charge mine....
    05-21-09 12:37 PM
    Thats how it is on WINMO phones. Like i used to be on xda forums and they used to rip code from newer phones and cook them in to older phones OS' all the time. Im new to the blackberry community so i don't know how things operate here, but i hope we can benefit from it.
    05-21-09 12:46 PM
    I would say so.....
    05-21-09 12:49 PM
    I do think the original Storm owners will benefit from the new edition. The more apps that are designed for the second generation, the more that will be ported over to the original Storm...it just makes sense; there are a lot of Storm 1 owners out there to make it worth their time...I wonder whether the programmers are waiting for the second gen before they let loose...It just seems as though they have been dragging their feet up until now.
    05-21-09 12:59 PM
    if it does workout that we can get the newer stuff, it will make it easier to handle the release of s2.
    05-21-09 02:42 PM
    unless I'm completely wrong, which happens, I'm going to bet that other than software versions, the apps on Storm1 will work on Storm2 and vice-versa.

Since the TrueType already knows when it's been "clicked" vs "touched", it should be relatively the same as the big giant button.
    05-21-09 04:18 PM
    unless I'm completely wrong, which happens, I'm going to bet that other than software versions, the apps on Storm1 will work on Storm2 and vice-versa.

Since the TrueType already knows when it's been "clicked" vs "touched", it should be relatively the same as the big giant button.
    I agree. The OS shouldn't be that much more than the leaked versions, just better (we hope).
    05-21-09 04:56 PM
    I really think otherwise and hope I'm proven wrong! I have a bad feeling storm1 stuff will work on 2 but not the other way around. Why put out 2 if there are no hardware revisions? If so, the 1 would be phased out....my $0.02
    05-21-09 05:05 PM
    I really think otherwise and hope I'm proven wrong! I have a bad feeling storm1 stuff will work on 2 but not the other way around. Why put out 2 if there are no hardware revisions? If so, the 1 would be phased out....my $0.02
    Just from the speculation here on CB, it sounds as if the S2 will have a pressure sensitive pad under the screen instead of a button.

Storm1: tap screen, icon is highlighted = Action1
    click screen, button pushed = Action2

Storm2: tap screen, icon is highlighted = Action1
    press screen, pad recognizes pressure = Action2

Make sense?
    05-21-09 05:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD