Hey all

Is it possible to put a Blackberry storm from bell on Rogers network? (Bell is cdma & rogers is gsm)

If so, how did you do it?

Tnx for u help in advance

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-11-09 09:14 PM
    The Storm 9530 is a world phone. It has support for both CDMA and GSM frequencies.

That being said, Bell network-locks its phones so they cannot be used on competitor's networks. You will need to optain the unlock code for your Storm.
    05-11-09 09:27 PM
    Gocha ya

How do u go about getting the code from bell?

05-11-09 09:30 PM
    Gocha ya

How do u go about getting the code from bell?
    Bell doesn't give them out.
    05-11-09 09:34 PM
    So wat do I do then?

Also, once unlocked it looks like it can't be used to setup personal email?

05-11-09 09:47 PM
    So wat do I do then?

Also, once unlocked it looks like it can't be used to setup personal email?

Check the Telus storm unlock thread and you will find unlocking services,I used ngreen and the unlock went great.I'm not sure but I think you will be able to receive email once unlocked and push the Rogers service books.The PIN is registered to you through RIM so I don't see why you wouldn't be able to receive data.I may be wrong(it's happened before)someone who has used a rogers SIM in their storm will be able to shed more light on this.
    05-12-09 07:16 AM
    If the phone has been unlocked, you will have all functions available to you once you have turned on the phone and use the BIS site to setup your account.

05-12-09 07:46 AM
    Tnx boys

I was just reading thru & I saw another thread where someone was saying that they can't get data cuz the pin is locked to verizon & so on

So u recommend ngreen?

05-12-09 10:48 AM
    Besides unlocking you would also need to get the Rogers service books. You might be able to adapt this thread's method, IF you obtain the rogers service books...

http://forums.crackberry.com/f135/ho...rm-95xx-107154
    05-12-09 10:54 AM
    Tnx boys

I was just reading thru & I saw another thread where someone was saying that they can't get data cuz the pin is locked to verizon & so on

So u recommend ngreen?

ngreen did well for me he seems to be available all the time and answers emails and PIN messages very quickly.
    05-13-09 07:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD