06-15-09 01:25 PM
762 ... 1617181920 ...
tools
    I'm going nuts here.

I downloaded the file. I installed it. I opened the folder, deleted the vendor file and clicked on the app loaded exe.

When I run the app loader exe it just comes up with a list of the apps I have currently installed and then says I don't need any updates.

I've been playing with this for two days now. What am I missing?

I tried it both connected and disconnected from the internet. I have also restarted my computer several times.

Please help me.
    04-16-09 11:10 PM
    Thanks Crucial! I've always been reluctant to touch the hybrids, so it was good to see this posted. Just jumped from .109 to .122. Thanks for all of your contributions to this board!
    04-16-09 11:11 PM
    start up memory is only at 21Mb...I am used to 39-41Mb on .109

I know that the OS needs some to to settle in...I noticed with .109 that the start up memory did increase after a few days, just wondering if this is the case on this build

BTW .122 is two thumbs up right here for sure, too bad the color banding is still as issue. No big deal though
    Hi. I noticed from the .113 with .122 files i was at 34-35 MB memory. I downloaded the .122 from bell and am now at 41-44! And this is with Berrymeter and Weatherbug running :-)
    04-16-09 11:11 PM
    ... and now my sound works and my profiles work and everything seems to be working. I'm finally in love with my Storm!
    04-16-09 11:12 PM
    I'm going nuts here.

I downloaded the file. I installed it. I opened the folder, deleted the vendor file and clicked on the app loaded exe.

When I run the app loader exe it just comes up with a list of the apps I have currently installed and then says I don't need any updates.

I tried it both connected and disconnected from the internet. I have also restarted my computer several times.

Please help me.
    Same Here! Help Please!
    04-16-09 11:19 PM
    oh much better..the camera is like night and day so quick
    04-16-09 11:28 PM
    have the same deal as hillbilly.. wtf?
    04-16-09 11:31 PM
    I'm having a problem downloading it. Grrrr...
    04-16-09 11:35 PM
    I finally bit the bullet and upgraded my OS for the first time. I've been running .75 since day one (December). Why did I wait so long? I am very impressed. I loved the phone before but now it is really awesome!

I upgrade with Windows 7 beta after applying the fix and I didn't have any issues.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-16-09 11:40 PM
    Upgrade from .75 this morning to .113, saw a significant improvement.

Went from .113 to .122 a couple of hours ago, didn't notice much. But anyhow, I am on .122.

http://knguyentu.com/wordpress/2009/04/blackberry-storm-9530-os-470122-leaked-bell-verizon/
    04-16-09 11:57 PM
    sorry about the neg comment but i did it and all my contacts were erased? is there anyway i can get them back i have it on my old phone its just i dont want to put them all in.as well is this a good download for my phone(the top is wat im looking for) how do i make my phone faster as well please pm i dont check the post
    04-16-09 11:58 PM
    I'm going nuts here.

Please help me.
    Unlplug your computer from the internet BEFORE you click "UPDATE" from teh DM.

That worked for me. IN the previous updates, i could unplug it form the internet after i clicked finish, i noticed with the new DM update, i actually had to do it before i even clicked on the app loader/update screen of the main menu. Sounds crazy, but i was having the same trouble as you and it worked after i completely unplugged if from the net.
    Last edited by PWNKAKE; 04-17-09 at 12:09 AM.
    04-17-09 12:06 AM
    Well .122 has been GREAT to me, I was having a MASSIVE problem with memory leaks using .113 to where my App Memory would go from 16mb at start up down to ZERO in less then 2 hours causing me to pull the battery 6-8 times a DAY along with SLOW performance using any apps. Upgraded to .122 this after noon (about 10 hours ago) and I must say my Memory Problems are GONE ! It starts up at a great 26mb now and after 8 hours up with NO battery pulls I still have 23mb App memory ! Yippy, this worked magic on my Storm, easy to install as always and everything else seems to working faster and without any problems so far. Thanks for posting .122 up guys, now I know why Crackberry.com is my favorite site these days !!!
    04-17-09 12:08 AM
    thanks guys for answering my question about mac, but i want to repost this question for another (more patient) person then me,
    "ok so i down loaded the update, deleted the vendor.xml, and went to dm to back up before the install and i keep getting error when it gets to wordtogopref and stops any ideas."
    Try clearing your browser caches.
    04-17-09 12:35 AM
    I cand find the loader.exe
    You need to Look in your c:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Apploader directory and then look for the file named LOADER it won't show the .exe extention most likely it will have an icon of a cell phone it it. It's the PLAIN "LOADER File without any .dll extentions ! Just double click that icon file and off you go, be sure to delete the VENDER file first if your other then BELL (I'm Verizon & it works great on my phone !)
    Hope this helps bro
    04-17-09 12:41 AM
    Telus, worked perfectly... Everything so far is the best I have seen it on my Storm.
    Great day because of this post... huge thanks!!!
    04-17-09 12:48 AM
    Please advise. I clicked add from the app loader, and selected the os download and got this response: No additional applications for your device were found. I also am getting a xml syntax error on line 1???

what am I doing wrong

Thanks
    Last edited by ckusner; 04-17-09 at 01:11 AM.
    04-17-09 12:52 AM
    .75>.90>.75>1.22 Thanks CX your instructions worked perfectly. I loved my phone before and I think even more now!
    04-17-09 12:53 AM
    CX, I did a backup before I updated from .113 to .122. Should I do a restore or wade though the setup again?
    BTW: THANKS for the hard work on your part
    04-17-09 01:30 AM
    just went from 113 to 122. did a battery pull first, then noticed my memory went from 16mb to 29mb!.....i could never get it past 20 and i dont even have alot of apps..
    04-17-09 01:51 AM
    Thanks CX. I now have 122 to play with.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-17-09 02:00 AM
    Downloading the file is frustrating! It gets to abt 20mb of the 104mb total, then stops. It has done that several times now. Anyone else having the same trouble?
    04-17-09 02:31 AM
    Just downloaded & install was quick.
    Everything worked flawlessly

Thanks CX
    04-17-09 02:59 AM
    downloading now, hope will over ride .114
    04-17-09 03:57 AM
    thanks...i already have .122 installed...shood i downgrade first??
    you dont have to...the .exe will do all the work for you...no need ot downgrade...

do this at your own risk however...not all are reporting happy results...different phones different findings
    04-17-09 04:10 AM
762 ... 1617181920 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD