then someone please give me an answer, CRAZYRT3, if you have time to post that, then you have time to tell me yes or no
    If you install Windows Vista or XP on your mac it will work. That is the only way. I have Vista on my mac and had no problems.
    04-16-09 09:36 PM
    yes, I was looking for the file loader.exe but I dont see any specific file labeled as such. I do see a file that whn I click on it it opens up a loader wizard, is this the right file to use to install the update
    04-16-09 09:36 PM
    Hello,
    I downloaded OS .122 and installed it and everything went good but I am still unable to forward in MMS I thought installing this OS would fix this and this is not new it has been like this since after my os updates started at .103 I think

I have downgraded to the os vzw put out and it worked so I put .122 back on and now the same problem

and for those looking os.122 from bell it is on my sight

Thanks for any help
    04-16-09 09:41 PM
    thanks guys for answering my question about mac, but i want to repost this question for another (more patient) person then me,
    "ok so i down loaded the update, deleted the vendor.xml, and went to dm to back up before the install and i keep getting error when it gets to wordtogopref and stops any ideas."
    04-16-09 09:41 PM
    After a brief scare, I was able to restore all my previous settings to include all of my contacts. However, the browser application is not visible nor will it connect to the internet. I am still recieving emails, but no browser. I did try to reload it through the desktop manager with no luck. Has this happened to anyone else that has updated to the .122 version? Solutions?

That is exactly what happened to me. After installing the new OS the loader stalled on my update. I reloaded the OS and unplugged my Storm. I then reconnected it to my computer and it restored my setting as well as the browser. You may have to revert to an old OS and do what I did.
    04-16-09 09:43 PM
    While downloading I keep getting an error saying the file cannot be saved, source cannot be read. Anyone know what that means?
    04-16-09 09:45 PM
    thanks guys for answering my question about mac, but i want to repost this question for another (more patient) person then me,
    "ok so i down loaded the update, deleted the vendor.xml, and went to dm to back up before the install and i keep getting error when it gets to wordtogopref and stops any ideas."
    thanks glad you finally got your answer sorry i counld not help more
    04-16-09 09:45 PM
    thanks glad you finally got your answer sorry i counld not help more
    your good man, hopefully you get an answer
    04-16-09 09:50 PM
    hey i saw someone mentioned they were usinging a hybrid of 5.0 files from the curve to the storm.....is there a thread on how to do this and what benefits do you get in doing this?? if you send me a link about it i'll read about it so u dont have to explain..thanks
    04-16-09 09:54 PM
    BlackBerry Handheld Software v4.7.0.172 (Multilanguage)

Package Version: 4.7.0.172
    Consisting of:

* Applications: 4.7.0.122
    * Software Platform: 4.0.0.153
    * File name: 9530AMEA_PBr4.7.0_rel172_PL4.0.0.153_A4.7.0.122_Be ll_Mobility_Inc.exe
    * File size: 104.43MB
    Download HERE

To load on any carriers 9530:

1. Download the above OS file to the PC then install it to the PC by running (double clicking) the file you downloaded.
    2. Go to C:\ProgramFiles\CommonFiles\ResearchInMotion\Applo ader and delete the file named "vendor.xml."
    3. Plug in BB and double click on "Loader.exe." It's located in the same place as the above vendor.xml file.
    5. Do not unplug BB during the process. It will take around 30-60 minutes to complete upgrade.

mine won't even download to the desktop......i guess ill just stick with the good ol .113
    04-16-09 09:56 PM
    hey i saw someone mentioned they were usinging a hybrid of 5.0 files from the curve to the storm.....is there a thread on how to do this and what benefits do you get in doing this?? if you send me a link about it i'll read about it so u dont have to explain..thanks
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f132/95...d-beta-204517/

some report major advantages..me ... not noticing much from the .113/.122 hybrid...
    04-16-09 10:02 PM
    looking for some feedback on this OS for AT&T customers using an unlocked 9530. Anything would be appreciated. THANKS
    04-16-09 10:04 PM
    looking for some feedback on this OS for AT&T customers using an unlocked 9530. Anything would be appreciated. THANKS
    It will work...just delete the vendor file
    04-16-09 10:12 PM
    thanks...i already have .122 installed...shood i downgrade first??
    04-16-09 10:13 PM
    Im on Verizon.. do i have to delete the vendor file?
    04-16-09 10:14 PM
    It will work...just delete the vendor file
    Awesome so i will have all features(voice, data, mms, sms, email) accessible?
    Ive heard that there may be some edge vs. EDGE problems. Do you have to change the radio code? And finally, how to remove the vendor file....i know i know...ive got newb written all over me
    04-16-09 10:21 PM
    Just reporting back.....WONDERFUL is all i can say...keyboard is super fast, all apps are there, radio is fine, slight memory leak but nothing crazy.....very happy at this point....
    04-16-09 10:37 PM
    I want to thanks everyone for all of their posts, I am in the middle of uploading to the phone. Wish me luck!
    04-16-09 10:39 PM
    then someone please give me an answer, CRAZYRT3, if you have time to post that, then you have time to tell me yes or no
    If you have a Mac you will need to be running Windows on it. My understanding is that it has to be in Boot Camp and not a virtual machine. Could be wrong about that. The Blackberry gods apparently have not bought into the Apple hype machine or Linux sadly (the Linux part).
    04-16-09 10:41 PM
    if i have a mac, can i upgrade to this?
    I don't think so, I just installed win xp on my mac which works perfectly if you have a newer intel based one. I'm not completely sure though, but I haven't read about anyone updating using osx.
    04-16-09 10:44 PM
    Thanks, C_X, you ARE the man!
    04-16-09 10:47 PM
    If you have a Mac you will need to be running Windows on it. My understanding is that it has to be in Boot Camp and not a virtual machine. Could be wrong about that. The Blackberry gods apparently have not bought into the Apple hype machine or Linux sadly (the Linux part).
    You are correct...trying to do anything windows based on an older mac is shoot yourself in the head frustrating.

FYI, I've had the update running a couple hours now...no problems!
    04-16-09 10:47 PM
    Worked great. Thanks for the help CX!
    04-16-09 10:49 PM
    OMG... My phone is brand new! WOooooo Hooooo! I went from .76 to .122. Loving it! Love the full keyboard in portrait and the new text selector.

Thanks!
    04-16-09 10:54 PM
    So far so good...everything works. Thanks C X!
    04-16-09 11:01 PM
762 ... 1516171819 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD