Took all day to upgrade from .113 to .122 - but it's done. I've done like 6 or so previous upgrades but as a last resort I reinstalled DM and wa la! Like previously stated- faster and better memory.
    04-16-09 07:10 PM
    I tell you truth, If I were a device tester for RIM , I would not recommended anyone who is verizon storm users to download .122 because it will cause messed up with verizon software. let me give you all good example with computer windows if anyone wanted to upgraded from xp to vista, it does requires to remove vast of files of xp and install new vista files. if verizon users remove vendon.xml files , then it will not be enough for verizon to run smoothly and need to remove some of verizon files name then download bell's files name to work really well. verizon, telus and bell software are all completely different.

rememeber what happened to orange carriers in UK and they could not work very well with bold so they shelved it altogether and for japan many bold users have got big problem with their bold due to overheating on keyboard while recharging so now all bold are suspended from the store for awhile as RIM is working on both carriers
    04-16-09 07:27 PM
    I tell you truth, If I were a device tester for RIM , I would not recommended anyone who is verizon storm users to download .122 because it will cause messed up with verizon software. let me give you all good example with computer windows if anyone wanted to upgraded from xp to vista, it does requires to remove vast of files of xp and install new vista files. if verizon users remove vendon.xml files , then it will not be enough for verizon to run smoothly and need to remove some of verizon files name then download bell's files name to work really well. verizon, telus and bell software are all completely different.

rememeber what happened to orange carriers in UK and they could not work very well with bold so they shelved it altogether and for japan many bold users have got big problem with their bold due to overheating on keyboard while recharging so now all bold are suspended from the store for awhile as RIM is working on both carriers
    Simply not true. Hang around crackberry for a while and you will see
    04-16-09 07:31 PM
    I just updated to.122 and now when I go to make a call it defaults to headphones and I cannot get it to go to handset or speakerphone... I have no idea what to do...if anyone knows please help
    I'm not sure if it will help, but it seems like I remember reading somewhere on the forums that if you plug in and unplug your head phones it will reset it. I've never had the problem so not sure if it will work. Worth a try!
    04-16-09 07:32 PM

That is not true at all. The software works just fine. The Windows XP and Vista analogy is invalid conisdering how much less involved, expensive, and time consuming installing a Blackberry OS vs a computer OS. The Blackberry OS can also easily be restored to a prior version.
    04-16-09 07:36 PM
    start up memory is only at 21Mb...I am used to 39-41Mb on .109

I know that the OS needs some to to settle in...I noticed with .109 that the start up memory did increase after a few days, just wondering if this is the case on this build

BTW .122 is two thumbs up right here for sure, too bad the color banding is still as issue. No big deal though
    04-16-09 07:43 PM
    Nevermind..I read another post on te previous page that had a link..Link should be updated on main post.

h**p://w**.megaupload.c*m/?d=NBY67IEH (can't post links yet)
    Thanks for the link....the official site is slammed...download kept stalling!
    04-16-09 07:45 PM
    Hmmm. Ended up with a BrickBerry, it seems. Verizon Storm with .113 on it. Deleted the vendor file, ran loader.exe. Got to "Connecting to Boot ROM" or something similar, then it failed with "Unspecified error encountered [A:0x00000001]"

Now all I have is a white screen.

Thank the gods for restore tutorials...
    Are you running windows 7? I remember i tried to update with win7 and it bricked my phone. If not maybe you just had a bad run?

Just finished downloading going to update later and will report back of any issues.
    04-16-09 07:46 PM
    Is anyone else having the megaupload link get to 99% and then stop...won't restart, never finishes?
    04-16-09 07:47 PM
    I've been lurking on the site for a long time wanting to install an upgraded OS, I have the stock verizon. Finally got Win XP installed on my macbook and did it! For anyone who is a newb just follow the couple of instructions listed in the first post (thanks!) and it is smooth as silk. I would emphasize as the regulars say to do a battery pull after you're finished. I love the new keyboard option in portrait, although after hating suretype...I can't live without it now. Maybe its just me but the camera seems a lot faster...it was unbearable before as everyone with 75 knows.

Anyway, thanks everyone for all the info.
    04-16-09 07:47 PM
    Is anyone else having the megaupload link get to 99% and then stop...won't restart, never finishes?
    It did happen to me a couple of times....I know its frustrating but just keep trying and I'm sure it will work!
    04-16-09 07:48 PM
    Are you running windows 7? I remember i tried to update with win7 and it bricked my phone. If not maybe you just had a bad run?

Just finished downloading going to update later and will report back of any issues.
    No, XP SP3 here. I'm currently restoring the phone to factory defaults and then I'll try again. At least I backed everything up before I started.
    04-16-09 07:51 PM
    No, XP SP3 here. I'm currently restoring the phone to factory defaults and then I'll try again. At least I backed everything up before I started.
    Oh yeah always do a backup. Alright well i guess you just had a bad run. Hope mine goes smoothly. I remember my first update took me all day cause I wasn't sure on what to do. lol.
    04-16-09 08:01 PM
    I'm running .114 hybrid. Is .122 a big improvement from 114?
    04-16-09 08:06 PM
    Here is another download link

9530AMEA_PBr4.7.0_rel172_PL4.0.0.153_A4.7.0.122_Be llMobility.exe
    04-16-09 08:07 PM

I can not validate the truthfulness of your claims regarding pc os, but i can tell you i have parts of 5.0 bold software on my FrankenStorm....

So it can be done, smart,,eh maybe not...cool?...you got it...working?...fo sho
    04-16-09 08:08 PM
    I just updated and it said it couldn't restore my data so I had to restore it through the Device Manager. Before the restore I had my web browser. After the restore, the browser is gone. Anybody know how I can get it back?
    04-16-09 08:18 PM
    I just updated to.122 and now when I go to make a call it defaults to headphones and I cannot get it to go to handset or speakerphone... I have no idea what to do...if anyone knows please help
    This same thing happened to me...any idea how to fix this? Plugging and unplugging headphones did not resolve it...
    04-16-09 08:18 PM

Definitely not true. As long as it's the same carrier type (e.g., CDMA, GSM, et.), then a leaked or other carrier's official versions will work.
    04-16-09 08:20 PM
    Anyone else get this error message while trying to download???

C:\Documents and Settings\Misery\Desktop\9530AMEA_PBr4.7.0_rel172_P L4.0.0.153_A4.7.0.122_Bell_Mobility_Inc.exe could not be saved, because the source file could not be read.

Try again later, or contact the server administrator.
    04-16-09 08:21 PM

C:\Documents and Settings\Misery\Desktop\9530AMEA_PBr4.7.0_rel172_P L4.0.0.153_A4.7.0.122_Bell_Mobility_Inc.exe could not be saved, because the source file could not be read.

yeah I just did
    04-16-09 08:23 PM
    This same thing happened to me...any idea how to fix this? Plugging and unplugging headphones did not resolve it...
    A few minutes after I posted this I was able to find a solution that worked for me... I plugged in headphones and went into the media player and played the sample song. When its playing, I clicked the blackberry button to display the menu, and chose 'Activate Handset'. After that, I took out the headphones and closed the media player. The handset and speaker now worked when making a call! Hope this helps anyone that experiences this when upgrading...

On another note, I didn't really notice too much of an enhanced experience with the upgrade from .75. The full keyboard in portrait mode is nice, and the camera seems a bit faster, but there still seems to be lag in the accelerometer and when executing apps. Not sure if anyone else agrees...
    04-16-09 08:25 PM

yes..i just did twice..now im trying that mirror site a few posts up..much faster so far
    04-16-09 08:26 PM
    that link was a bust...went to 50%...then finalized...yet it seems only 50% has been downloaded..get error message "error reading setup initialization file"...and the file is only 56000kB...which is half the size of other OS files
    04-16-09 08:31 PM
    Just curious for those who lost their BES email, how do you restore? Thanks. Its been awhile.
    04-16-09 08:32 PM
762 ... 1314151617 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD