Hi, I have all the new apps but the Device Manager keeps not allowing me to update them to my storm? I cannot view them. I have followed the dirs and am still lost. I am the marble loser. Thank you!!!
    04-16-09 05:17 PM
    Very simple procedure guys and gals... take a few minutes and read over the instructions. Every page of this thread.... All questions are pretty much answered.

Thanks alot yall for this! I went from .75 to this and WOW what a boost in speed on just going through menus and accessing files. Oh and btw... my Light Saber works now! Weeeeee!!!!
    04-16-09 05:18 PM
    I downloaded the update to my desktop and after that went to follow these two steps:

2. Go to C:\ProgramFiles\CommonFiles\ResearchInMotion\Applo ader and delete the file named "vendor.xml."
    3. Plug in BB and double click on "Loader.exe." It's located in the same place as the above vendor.xml file.

And I don't see either of these files. Any ideas?
    R U sure you went to the CommonFiles folder before RIM rather than Program Files\RIM ? I made that mistake....

My download went exactly as OP detailed. After a few re-logins to 3rd party apps (gmail, Weather Bug, Viigo etc), everything works great...and faster. All 3rd party apps work, contacts intact etc. Absolutely no problems to report.
    Love the full keyboard in Portrait and the quick response on rotating the phone.
    Last edited by taheelfan; 04-16-09 at 05:23 PM.
    04-16-09 05:19 PM
    How is the accelrometer on this compared to other OS's. Also if this doesnt have the fastest one, does anybody know which OS has the fastest accelermeter. Right now I am running on 4.7.0.114 OS.
    04-16-09 05:20 PM
    Does anyone know why the homepage for Crackberry.com NO longer has the article on the Bell .122 upgrade? It was there an hour ago now it's gone. Just this thread remains. Did someone put pressure on the site to downplay it? Strange.
    Still there. It just got bumped down to the sixth or seventh article.
    04-16-09 05:20 PM
    Updated from .75 to .122 seamlessly. This was my first update and I have had my phone since Feb 1. Talk about a nerve-racking 40 minutes! WOW what an improvement, though. Thank You!!
    04-16-09 05:21 PM
    if i go back to the .75 will my phone have the contacts again? and also my games dissapeard... are they gone forever?
    04-16-09 05:26 PM
    WOOHOO !

.122 installed no problem. Will report back on any observations.
    Yep - all is good with .122 on the 9500. Seems slicker and faster and battery drain is down to a drip at most.

New 16Gb card, just syncing my media now. More tomorrow.
    04-16-09 05:29 PM
    I cant get the link to work. Damn
    04-16-09 05:34 PM
    Hummm... I wonder...

If i take this .122 and the .113 that will be released shortly. Hummmmm....
    Gives me something to do tonight...
    04-16-09 05:35 PM
    I've upgraded to the 4.7.0.122, and I have experienced some random reboots at some inopportune times. Has anyone else seen this?
    04-16-09 05:43 PM
    I downloaded the leaked Java and CDMA files from the telus version then did the hybrid with the 5.0 files. Any reason to strip this and go to the .122 from bell?

Thanks guys in the know?
    04-16-09 05:55 PM
    do a battery pull it should stop anything from acting goofy...ie battery life, memory, and reboot issues.
    04-16-09 05:55 PM
    I cant get the link to work. Damn
    Which link?
    04-16-09 06:04 PM
    I just updated to.122 and now when I go to make a call it defaults to headphones and I cannot get it to go to handset or speakerphone... I have no idea what to do...if anyone knows please help
    04-16-09 06:06 PM
    I upgraded to .122 on my Verizon Storm from .113. The accelerometer seems to be significantly faster. I also have noticed far less memory leaks when compared to .113.
    04-16-09 06:25 PM
    So I just spent over an hour reading this entire thread and I'm still scared #$^&less to upgrade for fear I will do something wrong or eff up the phone. I'm running .75 now with minimal issues and I know its riduculous not to take this plunge....but....can someone do this for me??? kidding......not. Please convince me all will be ok. I have a 5-6 3rd party apps including slacker and pandora. I haven't read anything about those, but will this retain my cached stations? Thanks
    04-16-09 06:27 PM
    Chaniko,

Everything will remain the same because the installer backs up your Storm. Just be sure to delete the vendor file as instructed.
    04-16-09 06:29 PM
    So I just spent over an hour reading this entire thread and I'm still scared #$^&less to upgrade for fear I will do something wrong or eff up the phone. I'm running .75 now with minimal issues and I know its riduculous not to take this plunge....but....can someone do this for me??? kidding......not. Please convince me all will be ok. I have a 5-6 3rd party apps including slacker and pandora. I haven't read anything about those, but will this retain my cached stations? Thanks
    I had similar reservations as this was my first upgrade..I run 7-8 3rd party apps..all went just as OP described and the installer prompts for a back-up to be made before installing so you're in great shape. All 3rd party Apps worked spot on (after relogging in to those that need a one-time passowrd, gmail, viigo for example)...take the plunge !!
    04-16-09 06:38 PM
    I uploaded the new 122 by following directions listed on first page. This is my 6 upgrade and havent had any issues yet. However, this is my first upgrade without using DM. Everything is better so far with 122 only problem is I lost my contacts (all 500 of them). I did back them up as I always do but I have no idea how to find them to re install them...can anyone help with that. Thanks in advance
    04-16-09 06:47 PM
    YAY! downloaded the files at a friends house, holy ****! I love it, so much smoother, and faster and I love the portrait QWERTY keyboard. A+!! thanks for download!
    04-16-09 06:47 PM
    Hey guys Just downloaded Bells OS update to my verizon 9530 and I have to say that after a battery pull just for good measures this thing is flying.
    So far I dont really see anything new from .113 but i does feel a lot more smooth and responsive. memory leaks are still an issue but it does not seem as bad as previous installs. Hopefully Verizon will follow up soon and wow us all but I really doubt it to happen time soon and I doubt it will be anything really spectacular. But to sum things up .113 vs. .122 according to my score cards its a draw. I could have stayed with .113 and been happy.
    04-16-09 06:52 PM
    I uploaded the new 122 by following directions listed on first page. This is my 6 upgrade and havent had any issues yet. However, this is my first upgrade without using DM. Everything is better so far with 122 only problem is I lost my contacts (all 500 of them). I did back them up as I always do but I have no idea how to find them to re install them...can anyone help with that. Thanks in advance
    try this...http://forums.crackberry.com/f83/ask...estore-207373/
    04-16-09 06:54 PM
    Omg. I just started playing with my phone and wow! Its so much faster. Browser typing everything. Time well spent.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-16-09 06:57 PM
    Hmmm. Ended up with a BrickBerry, it seems. Verizon Storm with .113 on it. Deleted the vendor file, ran loader.exe. Got to "Connecting to Boot ROM" or something similar, then it failed with "Unspecified error encountered [A:0x00000001]"

Now all I have is a white screen.

Thank the gods for restore tutorials...
    04-16-09 07:09 PM
762 ... 1213141516 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD