To all of u who are moaning and complaining try going to the how to forum
    and read the Tips and Tricks thread. Read through all of it.
    For instance did u know that u can set your phone when u call
    voice mail to enter the password.
    To take care of that camera lag issue; turn off image stabilsation.
    Oh an btw use the left convenience to snap a pic.
    I discovered that one on accident by the way.
    A lot of lil nuances about this phone that are really cool.
    Ok I am done; for now.
    Late

This phone is really niiiiice..... ok my two cents
    05-14-09 12:25 PM
    And check out the NOOB guide, tips/trick in how to, and ALL stickied threads!!!

my .02
    05-14-09 12:49 PM
    To all of u who are moaning and complaining try going to the how to forum
    and read the Tips and Tricks thread. Read through all of it.
    For instance did u know that u can set your phone when u call
    voice mail to enter the password.
    To take care of that camera lag issue; turn off image stabilsation.
    Oh an btw use the left convenience to snap a pic.
    I discovered that one on accident by the way.
    A lot of lil nuances about this phone that are really cool.
    Ok I am done; for now.
    Late

This phone is really niiiiice..... ok my two cents
    I do agree members here should look in the tips sections before posting rants about some issues probably be fixed. As blackberries become more mainstream, I feel for those who don't know anything about CB especially for Storm users as their are plenty of tweaks that can be done to make the device a little better, but unfortunately everyone doesn't know. I got a couple of my friends to purchase their first blackberries last year. When they got them, I immediately showed them CB so they can come here to learn more about the device and other stuff. None of them joined and said, if I have a problem I'll just call you or go to Sprint/VZW. I told them, they're not going to be much help in all cases. So one of my friends to me "if I have to join a site, forum or blog to make my phone work right when it's acting up, then that's not the phone or company for me". And honestly, no one should have to join a site or looking for answers to things that the company your brought it from can't help or fix. To me, that's with any product. I think that shows how knowledgeable companies really are when selling us products that we join various sites because the company we brought from doesn't have a clue. I had to join a Lexus forum to find out why my dash was making a clicking noise. Took it to the dealer, they didn't have a clue. Found the forum and saw other people had the same issues and what they did to fix them. Told the dealer what I thought the problem was and there you go, it's fixed now. Just poor R&D and quality control in every industry.

I think I am a member to at least 5 different sites/forums because I know I can't call the company to get the right answer It's sad, but that's how it is today. Maybe when selling Storms, VZW should hand out cards or somethings telling people to join CB to help make their experience better with the Storm or any other blackberry .
    05-14-09 12:51 PM
    I was gonna add open your word program and copy and paste all the info u find interesting so u won't have to go thru the threads to find what u like.....
    05-14-09 12:52 PM
    Maybe when selling Storms, VZW should hand out cards or somethings telling people to join CB to help make their experience better with the Storm or any other blackberry .
    There are a lot of VZW guys here and for that matter AT&T reps here on this site. I have come accross VZ in store reps that are actually members of CB.
    In defense of the store reps; after having worked retail some time back. If it is really busy it is hard to give that serious one on one attention. That a customer needs. U have to build a rappore and go at the right time to find your answers. Also they are like the average consumer. U might have a rep who has Win Mo nailed. An u may have to ask in store is there a BB freak to find what u need. Just keep that in mind as well. We all have a leaning to a particular device or OS
    05-14-09 12:59 PM
    There are a lot of VZW guys here and for that matter AT&T reps here on this site. I have come accross VZ in store reps that are actually members of CB.
    In defense of the store reps; after having worked retail some time back. If it is really busy it is hard to give that serious one on one attention. That a customer needs. U have to build a rappore and go at the right time to find your answers. Also they are like the average consumer. U might have a rep who has Win Mo nailed. An u may have to ask in store is there a BB freak to find what u need. Just keep that in mind as well. We all have a leaning to a particular device or OS
    Yes I agree. And that's the responsibility of the company that is selling the product to have knowledgeable employees and the resources available to them to assist customers. I don't fault the employees. They haven't been trained or taught. Customers shouldn't have to go in at the "right time" to get an answer for something they bought from a company. If it's Friday afternoon and the only guy that can help me is out until Monday, then I blame the company for not training employees in their products and services. I had to school many AT&T reps about some of the services they had. For instance, this one guy was telling me that I can't use an iPhone with a Blackberry Data plan. Not only was he completely wrong even when I showed him that I was using it and only had to switch SIM cards he still was in denial. Like I said, I don't knock the employees, but the companies that should hire and train the proper personnel. There's been times when on some basic stuff, I had to be passed around from CSR to CSR because no one had a clue. Just like I am expected to know the nuances of the products and services at my job, they should too. And even if I don't know, I have the resources available. Sometimes a CSR is so stumped, they'll give up and just get you another device.

At my local AT&T store, one of the guys I know is a member here. He was on here trying to trouble shoot a problem for a customer with her Curve. Maybe companies like VZW and AT&T and the rest need to utilize places like this and implement in training so that way the "gadget geek" who only works 4 days out the week isn't the only one who can help people with problem and are a little more advanced.
    Last edited by scorpiodsu; 05-14-09 at 01:17 PM.
    05-14-09 01:14 PM
    To many little kids with BB and get mad because they dont know how to use them, then rant how much it sucks...

05-14-09 01:22 PM
    Yes I agree. And that's the responsibility of the company that is selling the product to have knowledgeable employees and the resources available to them to assist customers. I don't fault the employees. They haven't been trained or taught. Customers shouldn't have to go in at the "right time" to get an answer for something they bought from a company. If it's Friday afternoon and the only guy that can help me is out until Monday, then I blame the company for not training employees in their products and services. I had to school many AT&T reps about some of the services they had. For instance, this one guy was telling me that I can't use an iPhone with a Blackberry Data plan. Not only was he completely wrong even when I showed him that I was using it and only had to switch SIM cards he still was in denial. Like I said, I don't knock the employees, but the companies that should hire and train the proper personnel. There's been times when on some basic stuff, I had to be passed around from CSR to CSR because no one had a clue. Just like I am expected to know the nuances of the products and services at my job, they should too. And even if I don't know, I have the resources available. Sometimes a CSR is so stumped, they'll give up and just get you another device.

At my local AT&T store, one of the guys I know is a member here. He was on here trying to trouble shoot a problem for a customer with her Curve. Maybe companies like VZW and AT&T and the rest need to utilize places like this and implement in training so that way the "gadget geek" who only works 4 days out the week isn't the only one who can help people with problem and are a little more advanced.
    I agree...........
    05-14-09 01:33 PM
    To many little kids with BB and get mad because they dont know how to use them, then rant how much it sucks...

Wow, my thoughts exactly.
    05-14-09 01:39 PM
    Never happen. If they get the Storm to work properly, what would they have to b*tch about?
    U know they'll find something; ooooo I know the Iphone
    05-14-09 01:45 PM
    Well there has been a lot of complaints about the Storm and being a tech for VZW I hear them all so I thought that I would take a moment to add my comments.

There will always be a phone that everyone just wants to complain about. Anyone out there remember the origianl iPhone, and lets face it you still can't send picture messages!

I really think that for the most part its a solid device and for all of the users complaining you shouldn't have purchased the "World's First Touch Screen Blackberry"!

I know that it really needs a software update and I think I have tired almost all of the beta releases, some have been good some have been ok and some have been just messed up. Give them time RIM will get it. Lets not forget why we are here, our love of Blackberry!
    05-14-09 01:45 PM
    We're all going to VZ Techs store...........
    He gang lets jump in the van an roll...........................
    ROAD TRIP
    05-14-09 01:47 PM
    Well there has been a lot of complaints about the Storm and being a tech for VZW I hear them all so I thought that I would take a moment to add my comments.

There will always be a phone that everyone just wants to complain about. Anyone out there remember the origianl iPhone, and lets face it you still can't send picture messages!

I really think that for the most part its a solid device and for all of the users complaining you shouldn't have purchased the "World's First Touch Screen Blackberry"!

I know that it really needs a software update and I think I have tired almost all of the beta releases, some have been good some have been ok and some have been just messed up. Give them time RIM will get it. Lets not forget why we are here, our love of Blackberry!

Very well said.. I LOVE BLACKBERRIES!!!!!
    05-14-09 01:49 PM

Worst than that....too many ADULTS doin in too

Hey tech guy...how do I block posts from certain peeps from showin on me Stormie???

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-14-09 02:06 PM

Hey tech guy...how do I block posts from certain peeps from showin on me Stormie???

He's a tech guy, he'll probably have to get the answer from somewhere else on CB
    05-14-09 02:09 PM

Little more info and I bet I can get you the answer!
    05-14-09 04:08 PM
    WOA WOA

hold on.... youre telling new users to CHECK something before posting? We know how well that goes hehe

I...I just dont think theyre capable of such a monolithic feat
    05-14-09 06:44 PM
    I do agree members here should look in the tips sections before posting rants about some issues probably be fixed. As blackberries become more mainstream, I feel for those who don't know anything about CB especially for Storm users as their are plenty of tweaks that can be done to make the device a little better, but unfortunately everyone doesn't know. I got a couple of my friends to purchase their first blackberries last year. When they got them, I immediately showed them CB so they can come here to learn more about the device and other stuff. None of them joined and said, if I have a problem I'll just call you or go to Sprint/VZW. I told them, they're not going to be much help in all cases. So one of my friends to me "if I have to join a site, forum or blog to make my phone work right when it's acting up, then that's not the phone or company for me". And honestly, no one should have to join a site or looking for answers to things that the company your brought it from can't help or fix. To me, that's with any product. I think that shows how knowledgeable companies really are when selling us products that we join various sites because the company we brought from doesn't have a clue. I had to join a Lexus forum to find out why my dash was making a clicking noise. Took it to the dealer, they didn't have a clue. Found the forum and saw other people had the same issues and what they did to fix them. Told the dealer what I thought the problem was and there you go, it's fixed now. Just poor R&D and quality control in every industry.

I think I am a member to at least 5 different sites/forums because I know I can't call the company to get the right answer It's sad, but that's how it is today. Maybe when selling Storms, VZW should hand out cards or somethings telling people to join CB to help make their experience better with the Storm or any other blackberry .
    I dont agree with you at all. Forums are not just a how to place to learn about stuff. I am also a member of several forums and yes they do help me if I am having trouble. Why would I go to the dealer or store when I can visit a forum for free to find out how I may resolve my issue. This is the best place to learn because where else do you find 200,000 people or whatever the number is that have the same thing all at the same time??? That is a lot of eyes and hands playing around learning and sharing.
    05-14-09 07:00 PM
    I dont agree with you at all. Forums are not just a how to place to learn about stuff. I am also a member of several forums and yes they do help me if I am having trouble. Why would I go to the dealer or store when I can visit a forum for free to find out how I may resolve my issue. This is the best place to learn because where else do you find 200,000 people or whatever the number is that have the same thing all at the same time??? That is a lot of eyes and hands playing around learning and sharing.
    Doesn't matter if you agree or not. Everyone in the world doesn't use forums to find answers for their needs. Should they? That's another story. But you can't expect everyone that owns anything to join a discussion board or site for info. Just because you think one way doesn't mean everyone think the same way. I have 5 friends with blackberries. Wanna guess how many of them are members of CB or even visited the site? 0. I've told them about it, but a couple just aren't interested and the rest don't feel like they need to if they have problems. My friend has a iPhone 3G and has had it since the 1st gen. I showed him some of the stuff I did on mine after I jailbroke it. Here's the convo:

him: how'd you get you phone to look like that
    me: I jailbroke it
    him: What's that?

My jaw dropped but then I realized that everyone care about message boards and forums and stuff. So you have to understand, there's a majority of people that DON'T use forums like this or for any other product. So while I agree with you.... I rather go looking for the information my self, I also acknowledge that everyone doesn't do that and they are the majority. Would it be good if they did? Yes. Now should they need to? That's debatable.
    05-15-09 09:41 AM
    Forgive me...I am a newbie here. I would love to have my password saved, can you please give me info on the app I need for this? Thanks! Chris
    05-16-09 08:40 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD