In a bar over the weekend in Syracuse I spilled just about 14oz of a 16oz pale ale (pure alcohol abuse) INTO my Storm. It happened so fast and I think I actually stared at it for a few seconds before I realized what happened. Initially, it kept restarting and I though I had a paperweight. In complete disgust, I went back to my hotel and soaked a wash rag in water and proceeded to squeeze out all of the water into the opened, battery-less back of the storm. Grabbed a blow dryer, dried the crap out of it, and it still wasn't acting right, so I put it over the air conditioner blower overnight and in the morning it reset fine and 2 days later it is back to normal functionality. I am amazed at this because I really soaked this device, twice.. Once accidentally and the other, well, on purpose. For this device to still turn on is absurd for the amount of liquid that went into every crack but it is still kicking. Still need to replace it because of some screen issues...so Im glad I got the accidental coverage. Just thought I'd share.
    05-11-09 02:17 PM
    Nice

Good story.
    05-11-09 02:20 PM
    That poor, poor beer.
    05-11-09 02:21 PM
    In a bar over the weekend in Syracuse I spilled just about 14oz of a 16oz pale ale (pure alcohol abuse) INTO my Storm. It happened so fast and I think I actually stared at it for a few seconds before I realized what happened. Initially, it kept restarting and I though I had a paperweight. In complete disgust, I went back to my hotel and soaked a wash rag in water and proceeded to squeeze out all of the water into the opened, battery-less back of the storm. Grabbed a blow dryer, dried the crap out of it, and it still wasn't acting right, so I put it over the air conditioner blower overnight and in the morning it reset fine and 2 days later it is back to normal functionality. I am amazed at this because I really soaked this device, twice.. Once accidentally and the other, well, on purpose. For this device to still turn on is absurd for the amount of liquid that went into every crack but it is still kicking. Still need to replace it because of some screen issues...so Im glad I got the accidental coverage. Just thought I'd share.
    Haha awesome

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-11-09 02:22 PM
    mine has seen both coffee and beer, on different occasions. the screen didnt click quite right until about 2 weeks after each incident. still works though...
    05-11-09 02:23 PM
    mine has seen both coffee and beer, on different occasions. the screen didnt click quite right until about 2 weeks after each incident. still works though...
    ya for some reason these phones are wicked rugged

yo rider that wouldnt happen to be a sharp shooter photo from Killington now would it?
    05-11-09 02:28 PM
    you got it. i think that one is from a couple years ago. been living up this way for a few years now...
    05-11-09 02:32 PM
    wow, you got lucky
    05-11-09 02:33 PM
    The sickest part is that I felt like sh*% the rest of the night....thinking I just ruined my phone and I was gonna have to reinstall all of my apps because It wouldn't stay on long enough to backup.... I am happy at least now I can do a device switch in BB DM.

And yes....I ordered another beer and used the Storm as a coaster!
    05-11-09 02:37 PM
    otterbox FTW....beer and sand proof, tried and tested!
    05-11-09 04:28 PM
    Amazing story.

05-11-09 05:31 PM
    thats amazing didnt realize the storm was that durable.....atleast i kno at the beach im ok with it lol i had the orignal choclate phone and after i left the beach and got water and sand kicked on it the screen went white ,the worst investment ever...i love my storm ...no complaints from me ever
    05-16-09 11:52 AM

Lol thats Great man, your storm can hang! Now you have a new drinking buddy.
    05-16-09 01:08 PM
    I've been slightly inebriated on multiple occasions and dropped the phone during drunk texting. A few minor cosmetic blemishes but otherwise the phone is solid.

For this reason I try to avoid using it while drinking, I'm always afraid of leaving it somewhere or dropping it off of a three story balcony to its death.

Glad to hear it still works though. I bet that was an awesome feeling when it booted up and everything was fine.
    05-16-09 06:02 PM
    Awesome story dude, thanks for sharing. These storms are really tough though, I feel bad for the many unprotected falls mine has taken, and it's still 100% operational (few scratches). I never thought this bad boy was so tough.

05-16-09 11:02 PM
    ahh the horror.......a wasted beer....nnooo.......
    seriously though, dude, you are very lucky....

anyone else wanna do a 'beer + water" test on their Storm?..
    05-17-09 04:44 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD