Am I the only one missing BeeJive?? I need it!! THe AIM app. that came with the storm just aint cuttin' it No icons, no away messages... And it just looks like garbage..
    11-28-08 08:45 PM
    It's an annoyance for sure. I loved Beejive on my Curve and am really missing it on the Storm. But I've found Instango to be a decent replacement in the meantime until a Storm compatible version of Beejive comes out.
    11-28-08 09:12 PM
    It's an annoyance for sure. I loved Beejive on my Curve and am really missing it on the Storm. But I've found Instango to be a decent replacement in the meantime until a Storm compatible version of Beejive comes out.
    Hmmmm Instango... I'm gonna have to go check that out... Thanks!
    11-28-08 09:19 PM
    Hi guys

I love BeeJive too and I can't believe it doesn't work on the Storm... here's more info though.

"Unfortunately BeejiveIM currently does not work on the Storm. It will load, but does not work as expected. We do not recommend using the current builds with the Storm. We are working on a Storm specific build which should be out in early 2009."

Here's the link: Will BeeJive work with the Verizon BlackBerry Storm? - PinStack.com Forums
    Last edited by electro_cute; 11-28-08 at 09:28 PM.
    11-28-08 09:24 PM
    I dont see how this product is worth $20.
    11-28-08 09:48 PM
    I dont see how this product is worth $20.
    me either. especially with instango being out there now. also being as its free, is another advantage. it doesn't hurt that the developer is an active viewer of these boards, openly accepting and utilizing member input.

until proven otherwise im fine with instango.
    11-28-08 10:11 PM
    I love this app too. It is the only piece of software I have ever purchased. You really need to download a trial to know what it's all about. It's the best IM app out there, hands down, and I have literally tried them all.

Unfortunately, here is the email I got from them a few weeks back:

"Hi there, the current Beejive IM version does not work with BlackBerry Storm. We are working on putting a new build for Storm and we do not currently have a time line"
    Last edited by vdiesel; 11-28-08 at 10:30 PM.
    11-28-08 10:27 PM
    me either. especially with instango being out there now. also being as its free, is another advantage. it doesn't hurt that the developer is an active viewer of these boards, openly accepting and utilizing member input.

until proven otherwise im fine with instango.
    I just tried Instango,, and it did not show icons and away/status messages for AIM.....

I need my BeeJive!! It's well worth the $20
    11-28-08 10:34 PM
    Beejive was the app of choice for me with AIM when I had the curve. also being able to use the chatroom function was just an icing on the cake.
    11-28-08 10:39 PM
    UGH!!! Cant take this no more! Beejive lets do this already! lol
    12-06-08 08:53 PM
    If you only spent $20 bucks you'll have to spend another 10.00 to transfer the license to your Storm, I ended up just getting a User license ever since I transfered it 3 times.
    12-06-08 08:58 PM
    I am anxiously awaiting the Storm version for BeeJive also. I have tried the beta version of Instago and noticed it to be a huge battery hog. I am suffering through the AIM app in the interim.
    12-06-08 09:13 PM
    I'm using Beejive on the storm and it works as long as you enable compatibility mode. Your screen will function as a track ball so it will feel a bit different, but I love BeeJive so much that I put up with it. Pop-Up notifications work just fine and I haven't experienced any other issues other than those that I mentioned. Once you get used to it, it's the same old BeeJive. I really don't think that they'll have a version for the storm out for a while. The Bold 4.6 OS version is still in beta testing! Urgh! So in the meantime I'll continue to use BeeJive in compatibility mode!
    12-29-08 12:31 AM
    I'm using Beejive on the storm and it works as long as you enable compatibility mode.
    WHAT?!?!! You have changed my life!!! lol
    12-29-08 01:14 AM
    I'm using Beejive on the storm and it works as long as you enable compatibility mode. Your screen will function as a track ball so it will feel a bit different, but I love BeeJive so much that I put up with it. Pop-Up notifications work just fine and I haven't experienced any other issues other than those that I mentioned. Once you get used to it, it's the same old BeeJive. I really don't think that they'll have a version for the storm out for a while. The Bold 4.6 OS version is still in beta testing! Urgh! So in the meantime I'll continue to use BeeJive in compatibility mode!
    How did you get it loaded on your Storm? OTA does not work.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-29-08 01:28 AM
    Download it from the website and install using DM. beejive.com/download/blackberry/

I downloaded the 4.3 version and it works great!

P.S. Mastr0 ... I'm glad I changed your life ... lmao!
    12-29-08 01:31 AM
    Oh yeah ... a few more quirks with the compatibility mode enabled. The keyboard is always on screen and there is no landscape mode. I forgot to mention this because I never use landscape mode! I previously used a pearl so I love the two letter per key portrait keyboard. I'm a whole lot faster with it than I am with the landscape keyboard! BUT, again I'll mention that it works ... and that's all I care about for now!
    12-29-08 01:41 AM
    Compatiblity mode? does it stay in landscape only for the application or does it effect every app?

Aim is just not the same without beejive.
    Last edited by BB_GURU; 12-29-08 at 03:44 PM.
    12-29-08 03:42 PM
    Options->Advanced Options->Applications->Highlight JiveTalk and hit the blackberry button, touch Enable Compatibility Mode.
    12-29-08 03:44 PM
    Oh yeah ... a few more quirks with the compatibility mode enabled. The keyboard is always on screen and there is no landscape mode. I forgot to mention this because I never use landscape mode! I previously used a pearl so I love the two letter per key portrait keyboard. I'm a whole lot faster with it than I am with the landscape keyboard! BUT, again I'll mention that it works ... and that's all I care about for now!

I'll take what I can get!!! THANKS!!
    12-31-08 12:12 AM
    Life Saver!!!!
    12-31-08 12:10 PM
    Life Saver!!!!
    Hmmmmm cute avatar!
    Last edited by dothadamthang; 12-31-08 at 08:56 PM.
    12-31-08 07:20 PM
    Hmmmmm cute avatar!
    haha thanx =]
    01-01-09 03:05 AM
    OK BeeJive!! It is now January... Where's our application for the Storm???

lmao...... Patients was not one of my new years resolutions
    01-01-09 06:47 PM
    yea I seriously need beejive to get their a$$ in gear already...Ive been dyin without that program since I got rid of the Curve for the Storm. It was by far the best IM program to ever come out for a phone...nothin could come even remotely close to touchin it with a 10 foot pole
    01-01-09 07:13 PM
41 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD