What exactly does this do? I've searched and searched but can't find anything that really explains what it does...

Thanks in advance!
    01-25-09 07:43 PM
    dims the backlight
    01-25-09 07:46 PM
    And it can turn off the radio and/or announcements if you wish. It also disables the notification LED.
    01-25-09 07:47 PM
    Also turns off the indicator lights for any messages you might receive.
    01-25-09 07:47 PM
    doesn't "silent" mode basically do the same?
    01-25-09 07:50 PM
    doesn't "silent" mode basically do the same?
    yes but bedside mode is easier to go into when you plug your phone in and silent doesn't make the LED coverage indicator go away unless you set it up like that to begin with.
    01-25-09 07:55 PM
    My Storm's bedside mode feature to dim the display only seems to work when I have it charging. This this the deal ?

Doctor Neutron
    01-25-09 08:35 PM
    OK, it works like this. When I put my Storm in the dock, it automatically goes to 'bedside' mode: The clock comes on, the back-light dims (I have my backlight always set to 10%). All night long, I can look at my Storm in the dock and see the time dimly visible. If I have an alarm set, a second small text will appear below with the alarm time. I purchased some MP3's off Amazon that play ambient noise (in my case, I love Thunder and Rain) that plays for an hour or more. I set this to play before I put the Storm in the dock, and I can go to sleep with some pleasant noise (I spend a LOT of nights in hotels) and this way I don't have to listen to strange sounds. Spouse snore at night? Click the sound on. It sounds strange, but it really works well. I used to have a dedicated machine to do this. Now I travel with one thing less. BTW, I also set my sound profile to 'Telephone Only'. That way, I get emergency phone calls, but no email, no SMS, no lights...
    01-25-09 09:08 PM
    How do you make it so as soon as you put it into bedside mode it switches to a certain sounds profile and then when you take it out of bedside mode it switches it back to the previous one?
    01-25-09 09:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD