Is anyone having this problem?: bedside mode works great, but my Storms is on auto lock, my screen lights back up again after it auto locks (I have it set for 1 hour). The clock disappears and my wallpaper pictures is there, sideways, and bright as ever. I have to cover my storm to keep it from lighting up the whole room at night!
    02-15-09 08:39 AM
    So in phone only mode, will the alarm clock still work? I had turned my radio off so I wouldn't get texts/email alerts, but I need my phone for an alarm. It would be nice to have my phone for "emergencies". Thanks
    02-15-09 10:51 AM
    So in phone only mode, will the alarm clock still work? I had turned my radio off so I wouldn't get texts/email alerts, but I need my phone for an alarm. It would be nice to have my phone for "emergencies". Thanks
    Just set your profile to "Phone Calls Only" and your alarm will still ring. Bedside mode or otherwise the alarm still rings.
    02-15-09 10:57 AM
    Just set your profile to "Phone Calls Only" and your alarm will still ring. Bedside mode or otherwise the alarm still rings.
    Thanks phonefiend, and thanks for your quick response, I appreciate it
    02-15-09 11:01 AM
    I think the "bedside mode" is one of the many areas of the storm that are needing bug fixes. In my bedside mode, sure enough all sounds from incoming calls or messages are muted.... but the minute my morning alarm goes off and I shut it off, all the backlogged messages waiting on the system come rolling into my phone so your first early morning experiences is to be assailed by texts, emails, etc. I believe the bedside mode is suppose to stay on until you deactivate it. Others have had this problem too.
    02-15-09 11:06 AM
    I think the "bedside mode" is one of the many areas of the storm that are needing bug fixes. In my bedside mode, sure enough all sounds from incoming calls or messages are muted.... but the minute my morning alarm goes off and I shut it off, all the backlogged messages waiting on the system come rolling into my phone so your first early morning experiences is to be assailed by texts, emails, etc. I believe the bedside mode is suppose to stay on until you deactivate it. Others have had this problem too.
    Bedside mode by itself doesn't silence your phone ringer, it depends on what sound profile you've chosen. For example, if I am set to "Phone calls only" and enter bedside mode my phone will still ring when I get a call. I really don't understand the point of "bedside mode" as it is currently implemented to be honest.
    02-15-09 11:29 AM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD