I understand that the bedside mode turns off the background wallpaper and such, and leaves on the clock.

When I put my Storm in bedside mode, the wallpaper goes off and the clock comes on, but then the clock "times out" and the screen goes dark. All I have to do is touch the screen and the clock comes back on, but isn't it supposed to stay on? If so, how do I fix this?
    11-26-08 08:47 AM
    I believe if you don't have it plugged into external power, this happens.

I have the Storm charging/sync dock on my bedside table. It makes the most beautiful alarm clock!
    11-26-08 08:56 AM
    Ive been having the same issue, and yes there is external power running to it. I even have all the settings set to "Auto Dim" off. Any ideas on how to keep the screen turned on?
    11-26-08 06:55 PM
    pull the battery lol

i think it only works properly for a few times then starts to screw up..
    11-26-08 06:56 PM
    In your clock options, change Bedside Mode/Dim Screen to No.
    11-26-08 07:03 PM
    bump

can someone please help? in alarm clock mode, the screen goes dark.

I have auto dim set to "off".

Thank you in advance
    11-28-08 09:42 PM
    I use my phone in bedside mode too and the clock stays on. Not sure what else to tell you.

Also - in bedside mode, you don't need to turn off sounds right? I swear this morning in the middle of the night I heard the familiar sound of a message coming in. Was it just me or do I need to silence the phone before going to the bedside mode?
    11-28-08 09:53 PM
    My only issue with bedside mode is that it is S-O B-R-I-G-H-T!!!!!
    I wish it could be dimmed a little.
    11-28-08 09:54 PM
    Also - in bedside mode, you don't need to turn off sounds right? *I swear this morning in the middle of the night I heard the familiar sound of a message coming in.*
    The phantom blackberry!!! You've heard of phantom vibrations, now there are phantom text rings!!! Aaah! lol

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-28-08 10:30 PM
    bump...anyone else know the answer to why my storm goes dim when entering alarm clock mode?

does it need to be plugged in to keep the backlight on in bedside/alarm mode?
    11-29-08 10:44 AM
    Does anyone know how to make the clock digital instead of analog?

11-29-08 11:11 AM
    I agree that it's too bright. I wish I could dim it even more. My screen brightness is all the way down to 10.

To set the clock to digital just press the blackberry menu button while the clock is on screen and go to options. There's like 4 styles to choose from.

11-29-08 11:24 AM
    My only issue with bedside mode is that it is S-O B-R-I-G-H-T!!!!!
    I wish it could be dimmed a little.
    I realized that the majority of the brightness comes from the cradle light so I put a piece of black electrical tape over the light bar on the cradle. Also I tested all the different clock styles and the analog one throws off the least amount of light. All the other clocks use large white numbers. Hope this helps!
    11-29-08 11:44 AM
    My biggest problem with bedside mode is also the most annoying bug I've experienced with the Storm. After unplugging the phone from the charge and, thus, exiting bedside mode, my phone is stuck in whatever screen orientation is was in before unplugging. The only way to fix it is to power off and on or to let the screen shut off on its own, then wake it back up. Then, all is well. It sounds like a minor nit, but can be quite irritating, especially when it is happening to me first thing in the morning when my patience level isn't the greatest.

As for the dimming issue, mine dims fine in bedside mode without turning off completely. My wife's phone, on the other hand, doesn't alwasy dim like it is supposed to.

-SR-
    11-29-08 11:46 AM
    bump...anyone else know the answer to why my storm goes dim when entering alarm clock mode?

does it need to be plugged in to keep the backlight on in bedside/alarm mode?
    It does need to be plugged in or docked to have the display remain active. Otherwise it draws too much energy and would drain your battery rather quickly!
    11-29-08 11:49 AM
    Is it supposed to automatically enter bedside mode when plugged in? Mine switches to the clock and stays on, but when I click it, there's an option to "Enter Bedside Mode".
    12-01-08 07:45 AM
    this is a setting that can be changed in the options of the alarm clock
    12-01-08 07:50 AM
    Anyone know if leaving the phone in Bedside Mode each night will eventually cause some sort of screen burn or is that not possible with the Storm's screen type?
    12-01-08 08:48 AM
    I just wish we could control the level of brightness in bedside mode.. it's still way to bright!
    12-01-08 09:52 AM
    Anyone know if leaving the phone in Bedside Mode each night will eventually cause some sort of screen burn or is that not possible with the Storm's screen type?
    I am also concerned about this. Anyone?
    12-01-08 10:08 AM
    I am also concerned about this. Anyone?
    99% sure it won't.

"Burn in" used to happen in Tvs with plasma since there are gases and color formation necessary. The Storm is not plasma but rather LCD (or something very comparable).
    12-01-08 10:20 AM
    I just plugged it into the wall charger. It automatically went to the clock, but if I click the BBERRY key then "Enter Bedside Mode" pops up as an option. Does that happen to everyone else?
    12-01-08 10:40 PM
    The screen on the storm is an lcd and therefore not susceptible to burn in.

12-01-08 11:01 PM
    My "Bedside Mode" woke me up 4 times last night with announcements of email messages. I had it plugged-in to the AC wall adapter and put it into bedside mode. The screen setting was set to dim and the clock looked great. But then the damn thing kept waking me up with the emails! I thought bedside mode meant quiet. Is this a bug in the .75 firmware version that I upgraded to?
    12-03-08 09:53 PM
    Well maybe it was a fluke, because I just did a test and it worked OK. Anyone else have a problem with this?
    12-03-08 10:08 PM
60 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD