I really like my Storm 2. Screen is great and typing is great, but the random restarts are really becoming a problem. If i hold it too tight, it shuts down. if I put it down any harder than using two hands so as not to rattle it, it shuts down. If it is in my pocket and i bump it at all, it shuts down.

Is anyone else having this problem?
    04-24-10 05:36 PM
    Sounds like loose battery - search the forums and you will see others with that exact problem. I believe most are able to solve the problem by adding a little something behind the battery cover to snug things up a bit.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-24-10 05:46 PM
    i have put a sticky note in once before to tighten things up but it made the cover not flush with the sides of the phone. I searched just now and found another way by bending the tabs. Will see how that does.
    04-24-10 07:38 PM
    The phone comes with a one year warranty
    04-24-10 07:43 PM
    I'd take it back to the store.
    04-24-10 07:53 PM
    I hate to just take a phone back if there is a simple fix. It might come to that though.
    04-24-10 08:30 PM
    it does sound like a battery problem. Maybe just try another battery and see if you can duplicate the problems. If you can then you rule that out and its something with the phone
    04-24-10 08:33 PM
    If suggest putting a piece of paper behind the door. And if it makes the door unflush you need to make the paper smaller :P it shouldn't deform your device. Haha.

04-25-10 03:06 AM
    hey i used to have the same problem with two of my bb's storm 2 lol im on my 4th.

the first one i broke the screen and the next two they would reset a lot.

they will reset the same way it does to you, even when i just had it in my pocket.

i tried all the tips and tricks on here and nothing worked.

so i just went to the vzw store and told them the situation and they told me that they had a couple of phones like that.

so they just replace my phones. i got my newest one this past Thursday. i kept my last one for 3months even though it would reset a lot because i was just too lazy to go and get it replace and transfer all my stuff to the new one.

my suggestion is just go get it replace man!!!
    04-25-10 03:26 AM
    Buy yourself a card of thin felt dots for lamp bottoms stick one on the up facing side of the battety this will fix your issue.

04-25-10 09:03 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD