Check out this new spec ad from Blackberry. Very nicely done. (Its funny how microsoft spends mulit-millions and there ads get pounced by Apple, but now its RIM's turn)

* Tell me what you all think...

02-27-09 11:41 AM
    This was posted yesterday, however, it is still humorous if not a little inciteful...
    02-27-09 11:46 AM
    yea i saw it yesterday...LOVE IT!!!

LOL
    02-27-09 11:56 AM
    No blackberry can touch the iPhone at this point. The UI isnt even remotely close, the App store kills anything RIM has, and if you jailbreak, you can run anything in the background etc. The design of the Storm is so stupid it almost makes me laugh. Leaving a gap between the screen and the case so dust can get it was the dumbest thing I have ever seen. Not to mention tricking your phone's screen into working correctly with card stacks, and loosening screws. Give me a break...

Proof fanboys of a company will love ANYTHING they are given.

Bolds recalled, and Storm return rates = RIM is desperate.

The ad should end with:

"Blackberry Storm ™... So worthless, you don't want to touch it".
    02-27-09 12:33 PM
    I saw this commercial on TV the other day and almost **** my pants is was so funny... I loved it...
    02-27-09 12:35 PM
    No blackberry can touch the iPhone at this point. The UI isnt even remotely close, the App store kills anything RIM has, and if you jailbreak, you can run anything in the background etc. The design of the Storm is so stupid it almost makes me laugh. Leaving a gap between the screen and the case so dust can get it was the dumbest thing I have ever seen. Not to mention tricking your phone's screen into working correctly with card stacks, and loosening screws. Give me a break...

The ad should end with:

"Blackberry Storm �... So worthless, you don't want to touch it".
    In response to this, what are you talking about???

Retail Smartphone Sales: BlackBerry Trumps iPhone - The Channel Wire - IT Channel News And Views by CRN and VARBusiness
    02-27-09 12:37 PM
    Good ad campaign doesnt mean good device

The Storm is crap. Even the people selling them try to get you to go another route. The fact that RIM is taking their time to make commercials about Apple means they are desperate.

They should rename this board to "Problems with Storm" because thats all this board consists of.
    02-27-09 12:39 PM

Are you that dense? There were new models of the Curve and Storm released recently. The iPhone came out in July of last year. You seriously want to compare sales numbers with a phone that came out last July?

Quite humorous. New iPhone coming this summer will most likely pass everything RIM has to offer. Sad part is???? Apple is a computer company taking a crap on your cell phone market. RIM only knows phones and cant compete. iPhone > Storm in every way shape and form.

I wonder if RIM is counting returned phones in their totals
    Last edited by psufan5; 02-27-09 at 12:43 PM.
    02-27-09 12:41 PM
    And also, you are bragging about a company that has been in the cell phone market for how many years now??? Apple comes in and takes the second spot in January (6 months after release) after only being in the phone business for a year and half.

RIM is scared... Dont kid yourself just because you area fanboy.
    02-27-09 12:47 PM

The Storm is crap. Even the people selling them try to get you to go another route. The fact that RIM is taking their time to make commercials about Apple means they are desperate.

They should rename this board to "Problems with Storm" because thats all this board consists of.
    Just as an FYI - RIM didnt create this commercial, it was created by "GUAVA,"

Heres the link...

MacDailyNews - That cool BlackBerry Storm ad? It's not from RIM

And if you like your iPhone so much, why dont you drop the storm and go back to AT&T?
    02-27-09 12:57 PM

The ad should end with:

"Blackberry Storm �... So worthless, you don't want to touch it".

Are you that dense? There were new models of the Curve and Storm released recently. The iPhone came out in July of last year. You seriously want to compare sales numbers with a phone that came out last July?

Quite humorous. New iPhone coming this summer will most likely pass everything RIM has to offer. Sad part is???? Apple is a computer company taking a crap on your cell phone market. RIM only knows phones and cant compete. iPhone > Storm in every way shape and form.

I wonder if RIM is counting returned phones in their totals
    And also, you are bragging about a company that has been in the cell phone market for how many years now??? Apple comes in and takes the second spot in January (6 months after release) after only being in the phone business for a year and half.

RIM is scared... Dont kid yourself just because you area fanboy.
    Why do you care so much? We get it that you hate the Storm. Go back to the iPhone forum.
    02-27-09 01:19 PM
    The fact that RIM is taking their time to make commercials about Apple means they are desperate.
    Kind of like how every Mac commercial is about PCs, right? I give you Exhibits 1 - 494,062
    Last edited by BuckeyesR4ever; 02-27-09 at 01:28 PM.
    02-27-09 01:24 PM
    The ad is laughable because any reasonable and/or tech savvy person realizes just how far behind the Storm is.
    Top Tier: Android, iPhone, WinMo, Pre (probably)
    second Tier: LG Voyager, Blackberry Storm, Samsung Vu
    Bottom rung. "Free phone with plan."
    02-27-09 02:02 PM

I dunno about that. Almost every Mac commercial Apple has released in the last few years has targeted Microsoft ("Mac vs PC"). Would you say Apple is desperate?
    02-27-09 02:13 PM
    Just as an FYI - RIM didnt create this commercial, it was created by "GUAVA,"

Heres the link...

MacDailyNews - That cool BlackBerry Storm ad? It's not from RIM

And if you like your iPhone so much, why dont you drop the storm and go back to AT&T?
    Eh. It's called an Ad Agency. Have you ever heard of them?
    02-27-09 02:16 PM
    Why do you care so much? We get it that you hate the Storm. Go back to the iPhone forum.
    What's even more interesting is why someone with so many positive things to say about the Storm is being so generally negative about the ad.

I actually took the time to read through some of the post he made back when he got the Storm and found it interesting how, when making comparisons to the iPhone, the Storm seemed to be better, in most respects. I counted about 10 post that were related to how the device worked where the phone was either compared to the iPhone and given good merit or questioned someone else's critique of the Storm. This of course doesn't mean that he has to support the hype of how the Storm is doing in light of the comparison to it's most notable rival.

However, reading through other post it's obvious he is cynical and typically likes to insult/criticize people posting, so I wouldn't give the comments too much thought. I mean, when people start making comments that allude to forum users as children for the sake of attempting to insult them, those comments say a lot about the people posting them.
    02-27-09 02:20 PM
    I find it ironic that every poster in this thread who is bashing the Storm has it listed as their device in their ID tag. If they're so unhappy, why are they still using it? Perhaps it's because, glitches aside, the network is superior to anything ATT will EVER be able to offer.
    02-27-09 02:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD