Sounds like the gps swap is helping. May have to drop em in myself tonight ...I will say tho this is day 3 of runnin the hybrid with the 5.0 files and my memory has stayed higher today than normal. May keep it like it is a couple more days and see if its settling in as it seems to be.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    i have noticed that the memory is stabling out on my version as well..another thing i noticed is that quickpull (app) does not act quite like an actual battery pull in that if i reset each day via quickpull my app memory will drop a little lower as the day wears on..if i do a physicall pull my memory tends to stay higher and recover better as the day goes on....

almost seems as if it resets the phone better...fwiw..

i am thinking about changing the GPS also, but i really have no complaints as of now...this hybrid is definitely working for my particular Storm..5.0 is cool and works nicely also (nothing against it when i was using it), but i am glad i made the switch my storm is working the way i had always hoped..thanks BBC..
    05-12-09 06:55 PM
    Once again I want to see someone with this version sitting next to someone with another build. This is the only true way to tell how great this hybrid is. Once again, I hope it is this great but I think we need to do side by side comparisons because in the past we have found the 'placebo' effect for some.
    05-12-09 07:09 PM
    Once again I want to see someone with this version sitting next to someone with another build. This is the only true way to tell how great this hybrid is. Once again, I hope it is this great but I think we need to do side by side comparisons because in the past we have found the 'placebo' effect for some.
    this really is meaningless as .113 may perform better on your storm and .113 coulda been real bad for me...same as .113 may have been better for your storm and perform better than .141 on my storm on a side by side.

The bottom line is only each individual storm owner can be the one to judge whether or not the os was better than the previous on their phone..for instance .141 leak was not as good on my phone as .132 was...and so on..

could their be a placebo effect for some then sure....but i can tell you for 100% sure that V5 is the best for my phone than anything else i have had..even if that means it is 2 times slower in a side by side with whatever anyone else has (.75 or higher)
    05-12-09 07:21 PM
    i have noticed that the memory is stabling out on my version as well..another thing i noticed is that quickpull (app) does not act quite like an actual battery pull in that if i reset each day via quickpull my app memory will drop a little lower as the day wears on..if i do a physicall pull my memory tends to stay higher and recover better as the day goes on....

almost seems as if it resets the phone better...fwiw..

i am thinking about changing the GPS also, but i really have no complaints as of now...this hybrid is definitely working for my particular Storm..5.0 is cool and works nicely also (nothing against it when i was using it), but i am glad i made the switch my storm is working the way i had always hoped..thanks BBC..
    I always do a battery pull if I wanna reset or if I add/remove apps. When it asks me to reboot I say no and pull the battery. Maybe its psychological but its what I do. I feel more comfortable doin a REAL hard reset.

05-12-09 08:08 PM
    I start at 45MB after a battery pull and within 24 hours I am down to 31MB. The only 3rd party app I am running is google maps. I have bluetooth turned on. Why do I have such a bad memory leak? I am running v5 with .141. It is stable, fast and I like it.
    05-12-09 09:46 PM
    Menu> options> advanced options> applications>...now highlight Blackberry 4.7 Core Applications and hit the BB button and select Modules. Scroll down and check the module versions you should see some 5.0 files along with others. Do the same with Blackberry 4.7 System Software.

I did what you said and i saw the 5.0 files mixed in with the 4.7 files in Blackberry 4.7 Core Applications but when i went to Blackberry 4.7 System Software i saw no 5.0 files or 4.7 files just a list of files. Also my phone froze for a few seconds today then recovered on its own, and it seems to me that the switching from portrait to panoramic view still has a delay to it and sometimes it wont switch at all, but it has done that with all the os i have had as well.
    05-12-09 10:09 PM
    I start at 45MB after a battery pull and within 24 hours I am down to 31MB. The only 3rd party app I am running is google maps. I have bluetooth turned on. Why do I have such a bad memory leak? I am running v5 with .141. It is stable, fast and I like it.
    Could be a number of things although 14mb in 24hrs isn't that bad with normal use. If you're using .141 radio that's been known to have a major memory leak. I'd switch to .132 radio. The bluetooth may have a little to do with it, and I'm sure google maps does. Give the OS a few days, 3-5 maybe, to settle in as I'm finding my memory is getting better after 3 days installed. Honestly, as long as the phone is running smooth I wouldn't worry too much about memory. I find that I'm checking it less and less cuz the phone is consistently stable with this build.

05-12-09 10:11 PM
    I did what you said and i saw the 5.0 files mixed in with the 4.7 files in Blackberry 4.7 Core Applications but when i went to Blackberry 4.7 System Software i saw no 5.0 files or 4.7 files just a list of files. Also my phone froze for a few seconds today then recovered on its own, and it seems to me that the switching from portrait to panoramic view still has a delay to it and sometimes it wont switch at all, but it has done that with all the os i have had as well.
    Make sure you're not clicking on Blackberry System Software but instead just highlighting it then hit BB button and select Modules. It'll bring up a list just like the Core Apps. There is still a very slight delay in the accelerometer when the keyboard is up. Its still better than other builds tho. Don't know about the freezing up. I can't remember when the last time mine froze up. What 3rd party apps are you using? These have been known to throw a glitch in. I also shrink my OS cuz I don't need any of the extra crap. Check what you have runnin in the background as well (hold the BB button down). If you don't close apps out properly (menu> close rather than the 'Back' button) they'll keep running and too many at one time may cause it to freeze up as well.

05-12-09 10:25 PM
    That worked i see them mixed in now, i was worried because when i followed ur instruction the other night u said to unzip and copy to the os java folder and replace existing files but i could not copy and send to os java folder when i extracted files not the java folder to my os java it would also automatically copy the java folder as well. I had to copy the 5.0 java files to desktop then open os java folder and drag/drop in and i thought that something went wrong with that process. I have also shrunk my os, i use navigator, i heart, app world, and assistant. Also how do i check what radio i am using ?
    05-12-09 10:36 PM
    Ok nevermind about the radio question i figured it out, i am running the 162 platform so that means i have the 132 radio i believe.
    05-12-09 10:45 PM
    That worked i see them mixed in now, i was worried because when i followed ur instruction the other night u said to unzip and copy to the os java folder and replace existing files but i could not copy and send to os java folder when i extracted files not the java folder to my os java it would also automatically copy the java folder as well. I had to copy the 5.0 java files to desktop then open os java folder and drag/drop in and i thought that something went wrong with that process. I have also shrunk my os, i use navigator, i heart, app world, and assistant. Also how do i check what radio i am using ?
    Yea it gets kinda confusing with all the java folders. Wow...those apps could eat some serious memory! Losing 14mb in 24hrs with those apps is pretty damn good IMO! To check the radio code go to menu> options> about. Look at the PLATFORM. If its .162 you have the .132 radio. If its .174 its .141 radio (why the platform number isn't the same as the radio number....I have no clue)..

05-12-09 10:49 PM
    currently i am running at 42.9 application memory
    05-12-09 10:52 PM
    Ok nevermind about the radio question i figured it out, i am running the 162 platform so that means i have the 132 radio i believe.
    Whoops....missed this post

05-12-09 10:54 PM
    currently i am running at 42.9 application memory
    I'm running 49.6mb After all day use. Mine seems to recover pretty well.

05-12-09 10:58 PM
    Its all good u have been a tremendous help and i do appreciate it very much. It has only been a day or so. I need to let the os sink a little as well.
    05-12-09 10:58 PM
    Its all good u have been a tremendous help and i do appreciate it very much. It has only been a day or so. I need to let the os sink a little as well.
    Glad I could help. Let me know how it goes for ya the next couple days.

05-12-09 11:27 PM
    Here is a comparison of last night and tonight. Usage was about the same, the only difference being no UberTwitter tonight. Tonight is in blue. Last night is in red.

TONIGHT:

Battery is at 77%. Discharge rate has been 3.3% per hour since 4 p.m. (it is now almost 11:30 p.m. here).

Memory is holding between 40mb and 42mb.

LAST NIGHT:

Battery is at 67%. Discharge rate has been 4.4% per hour since 3 p.m. (it is now almost 11 p.m. here).

Memory is holding between 36mb and 38mb.

I think I will keep running this concoction for the rest of the week and weekend to see how it "settles in." However, I believe that I may need a comparison to straight Crackman v5 to compare battery and memory, so I may do this all over again next week. Also, I am thinking about tweaking the radio to .132 or .109 to see what that does. Any thoughts on ther radio would be appreciated.

I hope this helps. If anyone has any suggestions as to new "laboratory conditions" to test, or if anyone would like to compare notes, please feel free to e-mail, PM or PIN message me.
    The straight v5 seemed just as good but had an atrotious memory leak within just a couple of hours. I only had it on for less than a day before adding the 5.0 files so I can't say longterm. The .141 radio code is horrible (at least for me it was). I immediately went back to .132 when I was using oneofakind's hybrid. It seems to be overall the best one on my phone. I never used .109 so I can't say on that one. Honestly, I'm so satisfied with what I have now that its gonna take a 'gold code' for me to try something else. This build is awesome!

05-12-09 11:36 PM
    I think I will swap to .132 radio tomorrow when I get to work. Thak you for the feedback!
    No problem.

You're gettin some pretty good performance with what ya got, but it should work a little better for ya.

05-12-09 11:50 PM
    Can I get a little help?

I ran this for 4 days..

Best O/S I"ve used ever. FAstest responsiveness to everything !!

Memory Leak? Lost almost 20Mb in 11 hours
    Battery Drain - I normally will go home with 14% battery life left after work ( with original .132 ) but with the .141 I have to watch what I do or I won't make home with more then 4% battery life

I"ve tried a few O/S around and this by far is my favorite if not for the major battery drain issue
    I'm currently tryin someone elses hybrid of this with 5.0 files ( and I can already tell it's a lil more laggier then BBC's original V5 )

IF I don't look at number from the memory leak or the battery drain but from an End USer point of view.. it's been the most stable and quickest respnsiveness of everything including web typing ( for my Storm at least )

I would love to swap back to this.. but I"m a noob and a dumb a$$ Anyone know how I can switch the GPS and RAdio file to .132? I did a searh on how to hybrid and didn't yield anything beneficial

EDIT:
    Programs I usually have running are
    Windows Messenger, FB, BB MEssenger ( sometimes Viigo - manual update - when I"m nosey and or bored )
    MeterBerry

Installed but not running/auto update above the above list
    Whippoh
    Nobex Radio
    WeatherEye
    Last edited by drifter420; 05-13-09 at 06:01 AM.
    05-13-09 05:57 AM
    Can I get a little help?

I ran this for 4 days..

Best O/S I"ve used ever. FAstest responsiveness to everything !!

Memory Leak? Lost almost 20Mb in 11 hours
    Battery Drain - I normally will go home with 14% battery life left after work ( with original .132 ) but with the .141 I have to watch what I do or I won't make home with more then 4% battery life

I"ve tried a few O/S around and this by far is my favorite if not for the major battery drain issue
    I'm currently tryin someone elses hybrid of this with 5.0 files ( and I can already tell it's a lil more laggier then BBC's original V5 )

IF I don't look at number from the memory leak or the battery drain but from an End USer point of view.. it's been the most stable and quickest respnsiveness of everything including web typing ( for my Storm at least )

I would love to swap back to this.. but I"m a noob and a dumb a$$ Anyone know how I can switch the GPS and RAdio file to .132? I did a searh on how to hybrid and didn't yield anything beneficial

EDIT:
    Programs I usually have running are
    Windows Messenger, FB, BB MEssenger ( sometimes Viigo - manual update - when I"m nosey and or bored )
    MeterBerry

Installed but not running/auto update above the above list
    Whippoh
    Nobex Radio
    WeatherEye
    The 2 gps files are

net_rim_bb_gps_ee.cod
    net_rim_bb_gas.cod

The radio file is in the CDMA folder...an .sfi file

Just copy these from .132 into your installed OS and run apploader...it'll ask you if you want to downgrade. Click yes (cuz you're coming from .141 to .132 on those files).

Those are all memory-hogging programs so its not surprising with the 20mb drop. Always check to see what's running in the background (hold the BB button). My battery has never lasted a full day on any OS. I have a car charger so I'm not worried about battery life.

EDIT...WAIT...if you're going BACK to crackmans v5 then get the .132 version and you'll have the .132 radio. Then just get the .132 gps files. After re-reading your post I'm a lil confused at what you have and what you're asking for

Last edited by unseenme; 05-13-09 at 06:52 AM.
    05-13-09 06:31 AM
    Sorry unseen. I'm a noob. When I originally updated to bbc's n chose .132 it downloaded n showed up as .141
    So I assumed I flashed with .141 )

I will try the .132 version download again later. How do I get the gps or radio from other version short of downloading the whole package
    N is it basically the same as copy n paste? No special apps or weird voodoo dance I have to do?

Thanks for all the help. I'm learning a lot n hopefully I too can contribute in a positive way later on

05-13-09 08:15 AM
    The straight v5 seemed just as good but had an atrotious memory leak within just a couple of hours. I only had it on for less than a day before adding the 5.0 files so I can't say longterm. The .141 radio code is horrible (at least for me it was). I immediately went back to .132 when I was using oneofakind's hybrid. It seems to be overall the best one on my phone. I never used .109 so I can't say on that one. Honestly, I'm so satisfied with what I have now that its gonna take a 'gold code' for me to try something else. This build is awesome!

Do you have a link to the exact 5.0 files you added over BB crackman's V5? I'm running V5, but want to see how V5 responds with the 5.0 .cod files. A little nervous about it, so I want to make sure that I inserting all the correct cod files in my java folder. Thanks.
    05-13-09 09:22 AM
    Sorry unseen. I'm a noob. When I originally updated to bbc's n chose .132 it downloaded n showed up as .141
    So I assumed I flashed with .141 )

I will try the .132 version download again later. How do I get the gps or radio from other version short of downloading the whole package
    N is it basically the same as copy n paste? No special apps or weird voodoo dance I have to do?

Thanks for all the help. I'm learning a lot n hopefully I too can contribute in a positive way later on

The .132 and .141 versions are all the same java files. Only the radio code is different so if you installed BBC's .132 version of V5 then you're using the .132 radio code.

If you can't find a zipped version of .132 then you'll have to reinstall it on the computer to get the seperate files from it then uninstall it and reinstall V5. I have a each version in a seperate folder unzipped so I can access individual files when I need to. I'm not a fan of Crackutil or Crackmem. Some may say this is the hard way to do it but this is the way I feel comfortable doin it.

And we were all noobs at one time . Glad to help ya out.

05-13-09 09:27 AM
    Do you have a link to the exact 5.0 files you added over BB crackman's V5? I'm running V5, but want to see how V5 responds with the 5.0 .cod files. A little nervous about it, so I want to make sure that I inserting all the correct cod files in my java folder. Thanks.
    http://www.theiexplorers.com/bb/

Look for the link that says "Just the working 5.0 files"

05-13-09 09:32 AM
    http://www.theiexplorers.com/bb/

Look for the link that says "Just the working 5.0 files"

Thanks. Should I be taking them from the .141/5.0.0.93 Hybrid, or the 141/5.0.90 Hybrid?

Is there any chance of bricking with this approach? Thanks.
    05-13-09 09:58 AM
136 ... 3456
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD