Anyone know what the general concensus is in between this and lyricidal's hybrid? which is better?
    it all depends on your phone and matter of expericence with the hybrids. I've always ran bbcrackman's hybrids and they have all been superb, I ran the lyricials for awhile till crackman came out and it felt unstable and buggy for me and i had terrible battery life and memory leak, but like everyone else will say it all depends on the storm and your experience with the hybrids
    05-11-09 09:59 PM
    OK, I have had this OS since Saturday and here is what happened. All was well till today when my texting and e-mail went crazy on me. I could not get it into landscape mode unless I rebooted. For the most part, the OS is quicker then .75 but to be honest, a lot of this is becoming real old. The majority of the improvements is so small and many times, it's all placebo. I did some side by side comparisons with a co-workers .75 and yeah, the hybrid was faster most of the time but not enough to give my co worker the wow factor. Also, the battery on the Storm just flat out sucks! I don't care what OS you have..it sucks. With the hybrid, it is really bad....I mean horrible. Its for this very reason that I may just finally dump the Storm altogether. The novelty of all this is dwindling, the interest to load new OS's is gone. Will 5.0 make it better...probably but not enough to keep it. If I wasen't so sick and tired of looking at a curve display, I would be back on it in a heart beat. I am counting the months for the Niagara or Storm two. You pay a price for being an first generation user.
    05-11-09 10:44 PM
    Forgot to mention this.

I did a reboot at 40 percent and when it finally loaded up, it was down to 20 percent. I am not exagerating! The battery just sucks!
    05-11-09 10:49 PM
    First of all i am very new to all of this so please bear with me, i am currently running BBC's v5 hybrid on my 9530 and am wondering what changing the .cod files from 4.7 to Lyricidals 5.0 would do for me and if there is a significant improvement how do i go about doing so ? Thank You in advance
    This is assuming you still have Crackman's V5 OS still installed on your computer.

Go here

http://www.theiexplorers.com/bb/

Look for the link that says "Just the working 5.0 files". Download that then unzip them in a folder (I made a 5.0 folder in my Blackberry folder). Once unzipped open that java folder and select all the files in it then copy them into the java folder of your OS. (MAKE SURE NOT TO COPY THE 5.0 JAVA FOLDER AS ITS NOT A FULL JAVA FOLDER...OPEN IT AND SELECT THE FILES). When it asks to overwrite click "Yes to All". Then plug your phone in run apploader and update.

The biggest advantage I see in it is the memory is more stable.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by unseenme; 05-12-09 at 12:30 AM.
    05-12-09 12:28 AM
    Here is an update from earlier with some promised numbers:

Battery is at 67%. Discharge rate has been 4.4% per hour since 3 p.m. (it is now almost 11 p.m. here).

Memory is holding between 36mb and 38mb.

I have had UberTwitter on since 3 p.m. (set to update every 10 minutes). I think this is the biggest reason for the drain on power and memory. I have also had some texts, some e-mails and some web use.

I may try the same thing again tomorrow with UberTwitter closed to compare the difference. Also, I think I will not recharge tonight and just let it run. I have a scheduled daily reset at 4 a.m.

I hope this helps. If anyone has any suggestions as to "laboratory conditions," or if anyone would like to compare notes, please feel free to e-mail, PM or PIN message me.
    I don't have anything running in the background such as twitter and my memory is holding 41-43 with all day use from 55 at bootup. Sounds like the .132 gps isn't making much difference. Post what you get tomorrow without twitter running. I'm curious what yours does without a memory hog app running all day.

05-12-09 12:35 AM
    OK, I have had this OS since Saturday and here is what happened. All was well till today when my texting and e-mail went crazy on me. I could not get it into landscape mode unless I rebooted. For the most part, the OS is quicker then .75 but to be honest, a lot of this is becoming real old. The majority of the improvements is so small and many times, it's all placebo. I did some side by side comparisons with a co-workers .75 and yeah, the hybrid was faster most of the time but not enough to give my co worker the wow factor. Also, the battery on the Storm just flat out sucks! I don't care what OS you have..it sucks. With the hybrid, it is really bad....I mean horrible. Its for this very reason that I may just finally dump the Storm altogether. The novelty of all this is dwindling, the interest to load new OS's is gone. Will 5.0 make it better...probably but not enough to keep it. If I wasen't so sick and tired of looking at a curve display, I would be back on it in a heart beat. I am counting the months for the Niagara or Storm two. You pay a price for being an first generation user.
    Sorry yours isn't takin it well, but I'm lovin the stability. Speed isn't greatly improved...except with the accelerometer. I can flip it and it actually changes instantly and consistently with no clock of death. This is the best performance I've gotten so far, AND ITS NOT PLACEBO. I've changed OS's enough to tell when there's an actual performance difference and this baby is stable beyond compare.

05-12-09 12:41 AM
    Ok Korn just finished updating, how can i verify that the 5.0 files are transfered over to my phone ok.
    05-12-09 02:28 AM
    Ok Korn just finished updating, how can i verify that the 5.0 files are transfered over to my phone ok.
    Menu> options> advanced options> applications>...now highlight Blackberry 4.7 Core Applications and hit the BB button and select Modules. Scroll down and check the module versions you should see some 5.0 files along with others. Do the same with Blackberry 4.7 System Software.

05-12-09 06:47 AM
    Serious battery drain, workin to swap that right now
    05-12-09 07:17 AM
    Installed V5 last night in place of Lyrics .141/5.0 hybrid. Phone is a lot faster but when I installed the phone went back to factory settings. A big pain in the a**. I spent an hour getting my phone back to where I had it. Also, my contacts didn't make it with everything else. Please tell me there is somewhere I can pick those up on my computer.....please...please.....
    05-12-09 07:34 AM
    Installed V5 last night in place of Lyrics .141/5.0 hybrid. Phone is a lot faster but when I installed the phone went back to factory settings. A big pain in the a**. I spent an hour getting my phone back to where I had it. Also, my contacts didn't make it with everything else. Please tell me there is somewhere I can pick those up on my computer.....please...please.....
    Please tell me you did a backup....please...please....

If your phone is sync'd with Outlook it should load em from there. If you wiped before you loaded it didn't do a backup but if you loaded over lyric's OS then it should have done a backup for you and automatically restored but goin by what you said about the factory settings it didn't. Look in your My Documents folder for a file that says "Loader backup (*date of the backup*).

05-12-09 08:53 AM
    Here are the overnight numbers:

Battery is at 53%. Discharge rate has been 0.6% per hour since 10:45 p.m. (it is now almost 7:30 a.m. here).

Memory was 43mb to 44mb from 10:45 p.m. until the 4 a.m. reset.

UberTwitter was off on since 10:45 p.m.
    Sitting at idle overnight its not gonna change much cuz its not using any resources. Let me know how it goes today with use. I took MeterBerry off to see if it may have been a culprit to the memory theft but things have been the same without it so I don't believe its causing it.

05-12-09 08:58 AM
    I have asked this question several times and never seem to get an answer. When I go to my RIM file there is no loader file. I have nothing that looks like the pictures shwon on how to install this os. Is there someone that can help me?
    05-12-09 09:18 AM
    I have asked this question several times and never seem to get an answer. When I go to my RIM file there is no loader file. I have nothing that looks like the pictures shwon on how to install this os. Is there someone that can help me?
    C:/Program Files/Common Files/RIM (or Research In Motion)/AppLoader

You should find an icon with a phone the says Loader.exe

05-12-09 09:23 AM
    C:/Program Files/Common Files/RIM (or Research In Motion)/AppLoader

You should find an icon with a phone the says Loader.exe

Awesome Thanks. That thats the missing piece.
    05-12-09 09:28 AM
    Awesome Thanks. That thats the missing piece.
    My desktop looks like a 'Where's Waldo' book. I put a shortcut to everything on it

05-12-09 10:00 AM

If anything makes you this unhappy and you cant find a way to make it work for you then you absolutely need to switch devices..

or find a phone and or carrier that has what you are looking for...
    05-12-09 10:45 AM
    All I can say is Ditto. Enough already. This nonsense is getting OLD. Give me a phone that does what it's supposed to.
    05-12-09 10:49 AM
    All I can say is Ditto. Enough already. This nonsense is getting OLD. Give me a phone that does what it's supposed to.
    I'd give ya mine but it prolly wouldn't be good enough for ya either...plus I'd have to steal it back from ya then you'd press charges then I'd go to jail. My family would starve my dogs would miss me...well you get the idea...

05-12-09 11:57 AM
    I would be interested to know why the differences between individual storm devices. I wouldnt give mine up for the world. I really enjoy the functionality, havent had a single crash in the last 3 upgrades, phones in quick durable and reliable...funny how the stark differences from phone to phone or user to user.

i actually enjoy the fact that there are upgrade leaks to tinker with, have the ability to manipulate my phones OS, and do not have to rely on the out of the box configuration and settings if i dont want to. A very flexible device for me..

I have really enjoyed this phone since the 5.0 and V5 hybrids...I dont know what i did without a smart phone before now
    05-12-09 01:35 PM
    I would be interested to know why the differences between individual storm devices. I wouldnt give mine up for the world. I really enjoy the functionality, havent had a single crash in the last 3 upgrades, phones in quick durable and reliable...funny how the stark differences from phone to phone or user to user.

i actually enjoy the fact that there are upgrade leaks to tinker with, have the ability to manipulate my phones OS, and do not have to rely on the out of the box configuration and settings if i dont want to. A very flexible device for me..

I have really enjoyed this phone since the 5.0 and V5 hybrids...I dont know what i did without a smart phone before now
    Just like anything else that's mass produced I'm sure. The parts used to make it are mass produced as well. People don't always take this into consideration tho.

05-12-09 01:52 PM
    More interim numbers for statistical analysis types:

Memory held STRONG at 45mb during 90 minutes of constant bluetooth, browser and music player use. Actually gained a smidge of memory during this time.

Battery dropped from 100% to 85% during the same time period, but that does not surprise me given the heavy duty usage during the workout.

I will run the aforementioned apples-to-apples comparison this afternoon (sans UberTwitter) and post the results tonight.
    a couple quick questions...

you are running V5 with the swapped out .132 GPS right?
    what V5 are you running/
    If .132, how did you go about switching the gps?..use a special tool or just drag and drop?

thanks.
    05-12-09 04:22 PM
    Please tell me you did a backup....please...please....

If your phone is sync'd with Outlook it should load em from there. If you wiped before you loaded it didn't do a backup but if you loaded over lyric's OS then it should have done a backup for you and automatically restored but goin by what you said about the factory settings it didn't. Look in your My Documents folder for a file that says "Loader backup (*date of the backup*).

hey...have to say thanks...I found the Loader Backup file and restored right away. Wish I would've asked earlier. It would've saved me an hour of messing around. Oh well....really liking the OS though.
    05-12-09 05:00 PM
    hey...have to say thanks...I found the Loader Backup file and restored right away. Wish I would've asked earlier. It would've saved me an hour of messing around. Oh well....really liking the OS though.
    Cool glad ya got it figured out

05-12-09 06:14 PM
    More interim numbers for statistical analysis types:

Memory held STRONG at 45mb during 90 minutes of constant bluetooth, browser and music player use. Actually gained a smidge of memory during this time.

Battery dropped from 100% to 85% during the same time period, but that does not surprise me given the heavy duty usage during the workout.

I will run the aforementioned apples-to-apples comparison this afternoon (sans UberTwitter) and post the results tonight.
    Sounds like the gps swap is helping. May have to drop em in myself tonight ...I will say tho this is day 3 of runnin the hybrid with the 5.0 files and my memory has stayed higher today than normal. May keep it like it is a couple more days and see if its settling in as it seems to be.

05-12-09 06:17 PM
136 ... 23456
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD