I honestly cant tell the difference between crackmann v5/141 and Lyricidals .141/5.0. They are both awesome. I'm curious to see what crackman v5 with 5.0 files are like.
    05-10-09 09:36 PM
    If you have Crackutil installed youngduece, open it and view the files in the intermediate section. It will tell you which version of each .cod file you have on your phone. Just select read files from phone, and scroll to the file you replaced.
    Thank you..i have the .141 gps on this one.

Anyone try the .132 gps? Maybe that could eliminate any concern for memory leaking as the .141 gps was causing issues with many using the 5.0 before Lyricidal changed it to .132...i may give it a try tomorrow. If anyone else tries it let me know how it goes..

Thanks
    05-10-09 09:38 PM
    I honestly cant tell the difference between crackmann v5/141 and Lyricidals .141/5.0. They are both awesome. I'm curious to see what crackman v5 with 5.0 files are like.
    Do like I did...I dropped the 5.0 files in the java and updated. Seeing a bit of improvement in stability with memory and almost no lag in anything. This is pretty damn close to the gold code VZW is lookin for IMO. Still have slight memory leak but not as much drop. I also removed meterberry to see how much that's got an affect on it. So far its slightly better but gonna give it a few days to see.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-10-09 11:32 PM
    Do like I did...I dropped the 5.0 files in the java and updated. Seeing a bit of improvement in stability with memory and almost no lag in anything. This is pretty damn close to the gold code VZW is lookin for IMO. Still have slight memory leak but not as much drop. I also removed meterberry to see how much that's got an affect on it. So far its slightly better but gonna give it a few days to see.

be the lab rat and replace the .141 gps with the .132 gps the two files are:

net_rim_bb_gps_ee.cod
    net_rim_bb_gas.cod

let me know how it works...i would do it but i am working nights and need the phone for work.
    05-11-09 12:08 AM

net_rim_bb_gps_ee.cod
    net_rim_bb_gas.cod

let me know how it works...i would do it but i am working nights and need the phone for work.
    Changing the GPS files makes a big difference. there must be a leak in the 141 GPS cod files as memory is much more stable once making this change.
    05-11-09 03:38 AM
    I installed this build 2 days ago and I am loving it! I wiped my phone for the first time and installed the .132 version because .141 gave me troubles. This is definitely the way the Storm is suppose to run. Boots up a little less than 3 minutes and everything is fast and responsive. The typing on the keyboard is such a big improvement as well. The rotation from portrait into landscape is very smooth and fast and navigating through the GUI is soo fast its scary!! For once I am very happy to be a Storm user. Color bonding is still present though but who cares. This version is definitely worth a try because it has worked wonders with me. I might try .142 in a few days and see if there are any changes for me. But for now I am content.
    05-11-09 06:51 AM
    Im running a shrunk version of BBC'c .141 V5 Os with Lyricidal's 5.0 Hybrid and it works GREAT! Couldn't ask for better OS on the Storm. The best of both worlds in one OS!!!
    Last edited by sezaro21; 05-11-09 at 09:40 AM.
    05-11-09 09:24 AM
    just installed .141 v5 and BES activated. Will report back with some findings shortly

I'm coming from .132 v4

doing my battery pulls now
    05-11-09 10:25 AM
    Where doesn't work on V5 for mine. Anyone else?
    05-11-09 10:27 AM
    Where doesn't work on V5 for mine. Anyone else?
    Just tried it and I got the same issue. I will unistall it and then reinstall it. That should hopefully fix the problem.
    05-11-09 10:41 AM

net_rim_bb_gps_ee.cod
    net_rim_bb_gas.cod

Tried that it showed the downgrade in the list but when I clicked to update it said 'No actions required'. Guess you hafta wipe and reload when you change certain file cod's?? Anyway I took MeterBerry off and my memory is great now. Hasn't dropped below 50 since (was droppin to the mid 30's with it). How ironic is that...an app that monitors memory yet sucks it dry....

05-11-09 10:47 AM
    Is this better or worse than lyricals?

05-11-09 12:04 PM
    The way I see it is that BBc V% hybrid is great if you only want 4.7 files. Yeah it works great but you still have the 4.7 browser and some other files. On Lyricidals hybrid you get the better 5.0 files. I like having the 5.0 files because it's known that, that is the step up because SUPPOSEDLY, that will be the new platform for the future OS from Verizon. This is just my option. I love the OS I'm running now.
    05-11-09 12:36 PM
    Is this better or worse than lyricals?

There's a comparison thread for that.
    05-11-09 12:37 PM
    Booted up at 50.7mb (was booting at 50.0 mb on Crackman v5).

Memory and power drain updates to follow as events warrant...
    Any word on the mem drain?
    Thats for being the tester...i also wnat to know what .cods are you taking away from the V5 by using the 5.0 files as i was thinking that the reason for v5 was to use the best .cod files from all the os leaks from the past. Maybe some of the 5.0 files are not better than previous leaked os files???

Just a thought...
    05-11-09 02:00 PM
    so i been running the v5 with .141ver. for few days and ive noticed that for me memory leak is worse then it was in his previous v4. i was wondering if theres anything i can do to help the os out. cuz its kinda weird that a later version os has a worse memory leak then the previous
    05-11-09 02:16 PM
    so i been running the v5 with .141ver. for few days and ive noticed that for me memory leak is worse then it was in his previous v4. i was wondering if theres anything i can do to help the os out. cuz its kinda weird that a later version os has a worse memory leak then the previous
    unfortunately this happens regularly and it also depends from phone to phone..i suggest trying the .132 v5 with platform 162 (this is what i amusing and love it.

Or you could be the tester to see if only changing to the .132 gps would clear it up for you...

I would be interested to see how you do with changing the .132 gps cods only...i know the gps caused major issues in .141 leak on the 5.0 hybrid and Lyricidal went to using the .132....i may give it a whirl tonight, but i have noticed after my obligatory proper batt pulls and giving it sometime that this v5 OS has settled nicely into my phone and humming along beautifully..

I just dont want to get too cute with the OS's if they work nicely already and start changing all the mess around all the time and causing my phone to be booting up due to changes more than actually using the device for what it is intended to do...make calls and email..lol

.132/.141 V5 is the cats meow for my storm!
    05-11-09 02:30 PM
    I lost only about 5 mb of memory with about 90 minutes of Internet and media player (music) usage (with a few e-mails during that time).

I did lose about 10% of battery during this time, but I have not performed the recommended three battery pulls to "settle" the OS. Historically, I have always had higher-than-normal power loss after an initial OS/hybrid OS install.

Browser and keyboard seem as fast as I can recall.
    Use it for a day or two then report what you see. I noticed all waz good for the first few hours then it went downhill. If its better with .132 gps I'll change mine out as well.

05-11-09 02:32 PM
    I think that will be the plan. I know I can always go back to Crackman v5. Plus I am interested in seeing what a hog like UberTwitter does to memory and battery later today when I get home.

If nothing else the physical battery pulls give me an excuse to use screen cleaner and polisher wipes!
    Even with the memory droppin below 40 my phone has still been kickin great. If they can get the memory stabilized on this build (I added lyricals 5.0 files as well) they'll damn near have that gold code!

05-11-09 02:54 PM
    Oops. I meant "w-h-i-n-e," not "asterisk-asterisk-asterisk-asterisk-asterisk."
    The only thing I "asterisk-asterisk-asterisk-asterisk-asterisk" & moan about are the people who "asterisk-asterisk-asterisk-asterisk-asterisk" & moan about the OS yet won't install a leak (exc. corporates and non-computer literates). I don't mind a bit of a memory loss...its a psychological thing with me mostly...as long as the phone is stable and runnin smoothly but I would like to know what causes it and fix it if possible.

05-11-09 04:10 PM
    Been running V5 for a day now and I must admit...this build is nice. Everything working well. No lag, no issues. Most stable memory I've had to date!

Thanks Crackmem!! Almost feel like I never need another upgrade!! (mmmm...doubtful...I know!
    05-11-09 08:09 PM
    ok, so i decided to be the guinea pig and try .141ver w/.132 radio. it seems to be working fine, but ill get back to you all in a few days after the os settles
    05-11-09 09:32 PM
    First of all i am very new to all of this so please bear with me, i am currently running BBC's v5 hybrid on my 9530 and am wondering what changing the .cod files from 4.7 to Lyricidals 5.0 would do for me and if there is a significant improvement how do i go about doing so ? Thank You in advance
    05-11-09 09:42 PM
    Anyone know what the general concensus is in between this and lyricidal's hybrid? which is better?
    05-11-09 09:44 PM
    Anyone know what the general concensus is in between this and lyricidal's hybrid? which is better?
    I have had both and this V5 happens to work better for my Storm... The thing to remember is that each Storm reacts a little differently. Most experience similar probelms and benefits with each OS, but with having different apps, themes ect...each build will be different for each storm.

Plus it wont hurt to give both a try....maybe a month each....

and remember first impressions do not count as you need to let the OS settle and give it a chance to get in the groove so-to-speak..
    05-11-09 09:57 PM
136 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD