Romman, i have NO apps install on my blackberry.

I remove everything:
    - Maps
    - notes
    - bb messenger
    - no game
    05-28-09 03:16 PM
    There is lag when typing and the accelerator doesn't work as fast. Lyricadal's hybrid is better then BBC hybrid for those things.
    05-28-09 03:32 PM
    Typing this from bbc v6 .148 on the BB browser. It hs a "bit" of lag but its much better than before. Overall it seems a touch more stable than standalone .148. So I like it so far. Battery is stable and my mem dropped 9megs over 8 hours. Not too shabby. With .148 standalone I had days where I dropped down to 10 megs. Thanks BBC!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-28-09 04:57 PM
    I have been running this with 148 radio for last 6 hours, so far, I have only dropped 2 mb of mem (booted at 51.7, now at 49.8)...Not bad, great performance, and I did take the advice of those recently who said to not do a complete restore of third party apps, contacts, app permissions etc. It was a little unconventional due to the fact that I do not use outlook, but if it holds for another day of use then I will post instructions for others who want to do it who do not use outlook or would like a step by step description of an alterntive method. But so far so good!
    05-29-09 12:00 AM
    I installed yesterday Lyricidal with .90. Started with 39 MB and continued to drop to 33 without any applications installed. I was surprised today in the morning when my BB memory showed 53 MB. My BB was not even at charge and I have not done any battery pull at all.

Back to BBCrackman today. I just installed the one with .90 without any applications. The memory stand at 49 MB.
    I did one time battery pull to see how that will effect the memory. I am really surprised it shows 59 MB.

I will give it a day or two to see how that work.
    More than 24 hour has gone. Memory stands now at amazingly 58 MB. I did not charge my phone since yesterday. Almost 65% remaining.
    05-29-09 03:09 PM
    Question and sorry if this has been asked before (or somewhere else): why include files from previous builds? For example, if the lock.cod works the best from OS .132 hands down, why would RIM not include this code into .148? It doesn't make sense that a Hybrid should be made of anything but .148 and 5.0 files in my opinion, but I'm open to be proven wrong.
    05-29-09 05:37 PM
    Any word on why the screen is a lot more DIM than v5.1?

Everything seems pretty fast, and i'm going to give it a week to settle in, but so far i'm leaning more towards v5.1 over .132 compared to v6 over .148
    05-29-09 06:25 PM
    Question and sorry if this has been asked before (or somewhere else): why include files from previous builds? For example, if the lock.cod works the best from OS .132 hands down, why would RIM not include this code into .148? It doesn't make sense that a Hybrid should be made of anything but .148 and 5.0 files in my opinion, but I'm open to be proven wrong.
    They are tweaking files with each build. Some improve, some get worse. So we are just replacing unstable files with last know stable version of files. Once we get to the point that we are using ALL files from the most recent OS, that is what is called a "Gold Code" and everyone will have a lot more time on their hands not waiting for the next leak, because they will be satisfied with the OS they are running
    05-29-09 09:09 PM
    Usually love bb's hybrids but I am having a ton of reboots. I'm not using 90 and did the batt pulls. I guess they don't work for everyone! Your still the man bb!

05-29-09 09:16 PM
    Usually love bb's hybrids but I am having a ton of reboots. I'm not using 90 and did the batt pulls. I guess they don't work for everyone! Your still the man bb!

Try oneofakind's 148 hybrid. He just created last night and it is unreal!! MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

Here is my other thread on it http://forums.crackberry.com/f132/he...-there-237578/
    Last edited by jason.klein; 05-29-09 at 09:24 PM. Reason: Added link to other thread
    05-29-09 09:23 PM
    OK, here it is! After running bbcm v6 for 2 days and lyri's for two, ... Bbcm's has a faster browser and camera... The landscape to portrait is faster on bbcm but on lyric's, scrolling and typing is faster. The last thing I noticed on bbcm's hybrid was, it actually fully loads you memory card whereas lyric's doesn't. It all comes down to functionality v. Vanity in the end.

05-29-09 10:32 PM
    OK, here it is! After running bbcm v6 for 2 days and lyri's for two, ... Bbcm's has a faster browser and camera... The landscape to portrait is faster on bbcm but on lyric's, scrolling and typing is faster. The last thing I noticed on bbcm's hybrid was, it actually fully loads you memory card whereas lyric's doesn't. It all comes down to functionality v. Vanity in the end.

Yes, not sure what BBCM did, but the camera works by far the best of any version I tried in terms of shutter speed and not making me exit out and re enter the camera in order to take another pic after I take one
    05-29-09 10:44 PM
    Yes, not sure what BBCM did, but the camera works by far the best of any version I tried in terms of shutter speed and not making me exit out and re enter the camera in order to take another pic after I take one
    ... Each one has it's different quirks... It's all a matter of what you're attracted to in your phone.. personally, i would rather have funtionality. I just ran 2 browser tests loading youtube mobile v. an iphone on wifi..... The bbcm v6 is faster than the iphone by 3secs... lyrics is faster by anywhere between 1.8 and 2.3secs..... but, everyones phone is different... Once again, i'll take browser typing lag and faster landscape-portrait over faster scrolling and a slower camera any day!!
    05-29-09 11:01 PM
    Ill give it a shot Jason......thanks.

05-29-09 11:13 PM
    "Official V6 Final Report"
    bbcrackman's absolute best release yet! V6 Rocks!

Implementations, New Features, Positive / Negative Findings, Ongoing / Addressed Issues and Improvements will be addressed in Color Coded Format.

Blue Text will = Positives, New Features, & Improvements

Green Text Will = Acutely Noticable Changes

Red Text will = Negatives & Ongoing Issues.

"Device Type(s) tested on"

"Base Software Version & Platform Utilized"

"Reason for chosen base version"
    Polls currently show the majority are in favor the 4.7.0.148 platform

"Hybrid Version Tested (BBCrackman v6 Hybrid vs BBCrackman v6-90"
    Hybrid V6

"Reason for chosen base version"
    V6 was selected as choice for testing purposes over the V6-90 due to the vast number of issues surrounding the .90 radio.
    Some devices did not perform well on 4.7.0.90 I would not recommend loading this unless you absolutely want to. While some may experience no reboots at all. Others may follow an alternate course of undesirable reboots, system lockup's, and occasional VSOD. It still has the same effect on devices as did straight .90.

"Allocated Time Tested"
    Testing from day one of general release on a fully charged original battery till end of the battery cycle.

"Color Saturation"
    Color improvement is definately there and it is noticable. While color banding is still present you cannot see the vast lineage as before between the transitional phases as in previous releases. Color saturation is a Major improvement showing better visibility and better color flow. Images are more Clearer and Brighter. Color depth seems at it's highest that I have seen compared to any other releases yet.

"Color Banding"
    Still Present
    However:
    Colors are more vivid in detail and crisp in texture. Color banding is hardly noticable. Huge improvement over any other release out.

"Battery Life"
    Under typical use; making regular calls, watching a movie, listening to music, web, and sms; Battery life has been DRASTICALLY INCREASED. I don't how it was done but the battery in all three units are still running STRONG. Have not had to charge yet. This would be one of the best noticable changes I have seen to date. Everybody needs battery life improvement, and if so then this looks like the one.

"Lockup's / Freezes / VSOD"
    None! Running strong and smooth

"Application Intergration"
    ALL of my 3rd Party apps work perfectly. Storm Slider, Quickpull, StopTilt, BofA, File Manager Pro, Forward w/Edit, PDF to Go, Forward w/Edit, Shazam, Kenny Powers, BBOS Launcher, Memory Manager, Battery Booster, Premium Doc to Go, Quicklaunch 1.5 and 2, Visual Voice Mail.

"Camera and Video"
    Camera Speed has increased noticably. It is faster and works every time. 50 photos taken and no issues. 10 Videos taken and no issues. No reboots on camera usage or video usage. Playback was smooth and transitional.

"BES"
    I am on BES with my company and it works flawlessly and punctually. Emails come in wuick and decisive as they should. This is how BES should have always been from the begining.

"Using DM 4.7 and 5.0"
    I can do my back-up's with DM 4.7 and 5.0 with no issues. Tested with two seperate units for more accurate testing.

"Music Multimedia"
    Played a variety of mp3's and had no problems at all. Music played back flawlessly!

"Video Multimedia"
    Played several short video clips and 1 movie. Very clear color depth. Color saturation is definately better. Colors are more crisp!

"Phone Speed"
    Phone speed is much improved. Even with several apps running and several emails going at the same time the phone was extremely fast and responsive. This is a HUGE improvement over the prior releases!

"Loading from Card"
    All of my pics and vids loaded and were picked up perfectly from my 16 gb card.

"Typing"
    ABSOLUTELY NO LAG AT ALL!!!!! I sent many SMS and emails and even while browsing the web had no lag on any of the testing phases. This is a MAJOR improvement.

"Radio"
    ABSOLUTELY NOTICABLE IMPROVEMENT. The radio is the best out yet. I did not experience any lost or dropped calls. Not one Kb of data loss. Sound is MUCH clearer and louder. HOLDING STRONG at 4-5 bars all day long. I usually only get 3-4 bars at the same exact locations but not now. Just for this alone I will never change!

"Accelerometer"
    CRAZY FAST! Ok seriously, this is the fastest one out yet. NO Lag! changes when it should and not when you would least expect it to.

"Visual Voice Mail"
    Well if you use it, it does work perfectly.

"Browser Speed"
    Dont even ask... It's LIGHTNING FAST. Don't let others tell you how fast their browsers are. This one will pass it by far. The fastest browser compared to others. Loaeds .096 seconds faster. Now dont say that .096 is not a long time cause when you are sitting at that redlight for only 1 minute waiting for the light to change that one minute seems like 5. YES it is MUCH FASTER!!!!!

"Memory"
    54MB at start up vs 51MB before. Now keep in mind, this is BEFORE I loaded all of my third apps. With all of the apps listed above running I am holding strong at 43MB. No Loss So Far.

"Battery Pulls"
    Do 3 battery pulls on set up of new hybris 60 seconds apart as instructed. how many battery pulls have I had so far now: 0. That's right, 0 battery pulls to date.

"QuickPull"
    Works Perfectly!!!

"The Final Analysis"

This is absolutely the best built hybrid to date. It is not just my opinion but the results show it. Tested on three storms and all three running strong. bbcrackman's V6 needs no improvement as he has passed the bar of our expectations and led by example. While again I would highly remind you not use the .90 radio unless you are just looking for completely getting rid of the color banding. This V6 does not needs too much more in my opinion. Color, Video, Radio, Speed, Browsing.... It's All There.

All I can say is a BIG Thanks to bbcrackman for this build and thanks to the BBOS team for having it here FIRST!!!!!!

The.Perfect.Storm
    05-29-09 11:59 PM
    +1! I'm in shock at the speed really and def not placebo. 75 had horrendous lag time between hitting the button and the shot actually being taken. 148 was a noticeable improvement but laggy. 148 + Crackman V6 is now instant....woo hoo
    05-30-09 07:28 AM
    How do you know if its installed onto your phone?? how do i check??

also i did everything the how to video said to do to install it and when i reboot the phone (2 of 3 battery pulls done so far) it takes more than 5 minutes :/ and the little blue bar doesnt come out on the white screen while rebooting. anyone else experience this??
    05-30-09 05:49 PM
    How do you know if its installed onto your phone?? how do i check??

also i did everything the how to video said to do to install it and when i reboot the phone (2 of 3 battery pulls done so far) it takes more than 5 minutes :/ and the little blue bar doesnt come out on the white screen while rebooting. anyone else experience this??
    Edinger, If you go to the about screen on your phone, you should see this;

If you had .148 on your phone to begin with you can open Crackutil and read the .cod files that are on your phone. If you see any versions other than .148, the Hybrid is installed correctly. If they are all .148, you need to wipe the phone and load it again.
    05-30-09 06:20 PM
    Where can I get the bbcrackman V6?? I would like to try it out.
    Thanks
    05-30-09 06:30 PM
    thanks shanepark2 checked it and its good!

but the reboot time is whats worrying me. it takes more than 5 mintues and the blue bar doesnt come out...
    05-30-09 06:39 PM
    Some claim that the lack of the blue line has to do with the 5.0 files. And the long boot time is nothing to worry about. There a many variables to take into consideration. Apps loaded, number of contacts, themes can all effect the reboot time. It is nothing to worry about.
    05-30-09 06:45 PM
    When you guys say "wipe the phone" do you mean install a new OS over what was there or literally deleting everything and starting over?

Basically, I have read countless postings in the findings threads claiming that this OS has "NO TYPING LAG." Every single OS I have installed has had typing lag. Granted, some of them are better than others but not a single leaked OS or hybrid has had "0 typing lag." When I say 0, I mean pick up an iPhone and type. THAT is no typing lag...

I hate the iPhone... I will never buy one, or any Mac product for that matter. But let's be honest: Will the Storm ever be able to compare to the iPhone in terms of typing?

I'm starting to think the Storm will always have keyboard lag...
    05-30-09 06:58 PM
    Has anyone on tmobile used this hybrid with the .148 radio and have good results with EDGE holding even when using data intensive apps such as Pandora? I stuck with .90 just for the EDGE, I really would like to start using a newer radio file that keeps EDGE. The only reboots I've had with this hybrid is when I was listening to some tunes and playing parking lot at the same time. Otherwise the battery life has increased but no improvement in memory but that may be caused by viigo. Other than that I don't see much difference when I was using .148 with .90, guess I have yet to see if the 5.0 files make any more of a difference after using it for more than 24 hours

05-30-09 07:12 PM
    Will the Storm ever be able to compare to the iPhone in terms of typing?

I'm starting to think the Storm will always have keyboard lag...
    I have an iPod touch. I way, way, way prefer typing on my Storm vs. my touch and I routinely register ~60wpm using Fabian's Typing app.

I truly have 0 typing lag. I'm pretty obsessive about every detail of this phone so believe me if there was even the slightest lag I would have problem complaining about it lol. I will say though...I don't even mess with the landscape keyboard or the portrait qwerty. SureType FTW 100% of the time unless I have to type in some unrecognized word and I've spend a lot of time practicing to get quick and accurate. I also have the felt pad affixed to my battery door which has made my click SUPER smooth, easy and soft...I barely have to press. So maybe SuerType + felt pad + crackman V6 is a synergistic keyboard combo
    05-30-09 07:49 PM
    this may be a dumb question but how do you check to see what mb you boot up at or how to check it?
    05-30-09 08:12 PM
60 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD