anyone else from Indiana and our funky time zone thing having problems with the BB clock? I cant seem to get it to stay on network time, when i do and i plug the cherger in i get the right time on my clock, but in the corner it is an hour behind with a home symbol. when i send a text the send and the delivered time is an hour different! what gives?
    03-18-09 10:34 AM
    I believe it's determined by area code, but I'm not sure. It's looking for your "home" tower, from what I understand, so the text travels there and then to the recipient, even if the recipient is sitting right next to you. So if it's jumping to a tower in a different time zone, you get the discrepancy. It happened to me after I moved from AZ to DC, until I changed to a local phone number.
    03-18-09 10:40 AM
    yeah thats wierd.. im in my home are code ans im sending to my daughter in college and she is in the same timze zone two hours away... it says an hour time diff. If i set my phone to the indiana tz -5 hrs and then have " network" selected... it says my network is an hour ahead of my time zone. I have to manualy change the time right below the tz box. my phone wont display the network time, only what i manualy change below the tz box
    03-18-09 10:47 AM
    When you travel and you have Network as the source, its best to update the prl (*228 with verizon). It ensures that you are updated with the network. usually fixes the time issue.
    03-18-09 10:51 AM
    true... But.... im not traveling... im in town..at home ,at work.... not going anywhere.... have not left... and do *228 monthly
    Last edited by Venghous1; 03-18-09 at 11:13 AM.
    03-18-09 11:08 AM
    You mention charging your phone. If you are plugging it into a PC, your PC may be changing your time zone for you. That can happen if, and only if,
    1) you are synching with a PC that is set to the wrong time zone, AND,
    2) you have enabled the DM option to synch your device time to your PC time.
    If both these conditions are met, your PC will change your device to the wrong time everytime you synch.

The solution to the PC problem is to keep your BB set to the network time source and disable the Synch to PC time option. For more on BlackBerry time zone issues, see the Time Zone Issues thread in my sig.
    03-18-09 09:28 PM
    Veng I am in Indy and we use est i assume your up by chicago or down by eville. then use CST this may help I know it's screwy....
    03-18-09 09:38 PM
    im in south bend, and we are on eastern time as well, my daughter is at ball state in muncie..she is on eastern time to....
    03-19-09 07:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD