Hey everybody!

I was curious on what you guys think of the bb storm and the samsung omnia? Its been a hard decision for me but i chose the storm over the omnia but i would like to hear what you guys thought about and compared between the two devices. Thanks!!!
    01-17-09 12:55 PM
    from what I hear the omnia looks exceedingly better on paper but the phone itself is nowhere near the storm in usability.
    01-17-09 12:58 PM
    i picked up the storm for me and the omnia for her..with the intention of keeping one for me and one for her. We returned the omnia in 3 days. Everything on paper is great. Great camera, cool features, real small but it is slow to transition, hard to type on, and a glorified WM6 phone. I had a samsung i760 before going to the storm (and loved it) and after using the omnia i wanted no part in that phone. We returned it and got her a storm....she is now a happy girl :0

-R
    01-17-09 01:04 PM
    from what I hear the omnia looks exceedingly better on paper but the phone itself is nowhere near the storm in usability.
    Yep. Plus 1
    01-17-09 01:06 PM
    I had an Omnia for a month and I returned it for a Storm. I think I got two bad ones, because I had all kinds of problems with them including daily crashing and freezing, poor battery life, and unusable memory on the internal card. Aside from that, Windows mobile is not made for touching and has a terrible interface. The resistive, low-res, touch screen will make you really miss the Storm's.
    01-17-09 01:31 PM
    IMO The BB user interface is much MUCH easier to navigate than WINMO....my 2 pennies
    01-17-09 01:41 PM
    windows mobile wrecks it. samsung overcomplicated the phone with this. you dont need windows to text, browse the web, and play music. the phone slows to a crawl at the end of the day because of programs running in the background.
    01-17-09 01:42 PM
    In the end, it doesn't really matter what I think or anyone else thinks, it really only matters what YOU think. Some people may hate the Storm and adore the Omnia, and others will be the exact opposite.

If you're having doubts about whether the Omnia was a better choice for you, then go to your nearest Verizon store and play with a demo unit a little. Otherwise, just be happy with your Storm and don't worry about what other people do.
    01-17-09 01:48 PM
    The Omnia does have a 5 MP camera, but like everyone else has said, Windows Mobile sucks. Storm all the way.
    01-17-09 01:51 PM
    I wouldn't get the Omnia. I played with it only to find that it was just not friendly to use. I used past Winmo devices but this one just isn't right. If you are going to go Winmo go with the HTC Touch Pro. Things just work smoother and it feels a lot better
    01-17-09 02:20 PM
    I agree with everyones else, the storm OWNS the omnia to no end. I was in the verizon store the other day cause I wanted to try one just for the heck of it, it was probably the worst experience using a phone I've ever had, the on screen keyboard was terrible!!!. Though as mentioned in the comment above mine the HTC Touch Pro wasn't to bad, though keep in mind that verizon of course had to cripple it.
    01-17-09 03:54 PM
    my coworker has an omnia and we compared both phones carefully. Personally i didnt like using omnia's touchscreen without a stylus. If stylus is your thing, then omnia isnt that bad. The accelerometer flipping of the screen is about the same on both phones, omnia just makes it look smoother with the animation. If you like windows mobile and like using a stylus, omnia is pretty good phone. Even with all the problems it has, i like the storm a bit more.
    01-17-09 04:08 PM
    I had an Omnia before I got my Storm. The Omnia is a nice phone. There are a few things with it that I found annoying:

1. Charging port has a rubber flapper door cover. Anytime you want to charge, sync, or hook it up to anything you have to remove that flapper door. I know most of the later Samsung's all have this flapper door but it's annoying.

2. Space bar is not centered like a normal keyboard should be, it's positioned on the bottom row all the way to the right. Odd.

3. Resistive touch screen. Scrolling for me was a hit and miss. Most of the time I would scroll pass what I wanted to read by accident.

4. Whoever designed the lanyard lipstick stylus needs to be shot.

5. Screen resolution not the greatest.

I really did enjoy using the Omnia when I had it. It's one of the better WM devices I've owned and that would be my device of choice if the Storm wasn't available on Verizon
    01-17-09 04:10 PM
    I really believe comparing the omnia to a blackberry (storm) is like comparing Brintney spears, to Reese Witherspoon.
    I mean, sure i'd like to give britney a whirl/**** but isn't that all shes good for? while as Reese, is beauty and brains..

muhahaha apples and oranges my friends
    01-17-09 04:12 PM
    Not even a comparison to me.

Omnia is a child's toy compared to the Storm. Get the omnia if you're a 14 year old girl, get the Storm if you're a real man.
    01-17-09 04:20 PM
    Cursor > Lipstick stylus

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-17-09 04:48 PM
    Back before I decided to go BlackBerry harvesting, I spent a few months trying to decide on a WinMob device. I did consider the Omnia, but I couldn't get over the hurdle of regarding the TouchWiz UI as messy looking. Not too keen on big internal memory either, it's just something else that can go wrong. Came close to getting the Xperia, but the screen felt flimsy next to the Storm's.
    01-17-09 04:58 PM
    Just gonna defend the Omina here for a second

I did consider the Omnia, but I couldn't get over the hurdle of regarding the TouchWiz UI as messy looking.
    TouchWiz can be turned off, leaving you with the standard WM interface. Or go to xda-developers and get a HTC Touch interface.

Not too keen on big internal memory either, it's just something else that can go wrong. Came close to getting the Xperia, but the screen felt flimsy next to the Storm's.
    Nothing wrong with having large internal memory (8 GB for the Verizon Omnia). It also has a MicroSDHC slot if that's not enough.

Xperia is WAY overpriced, I almost bought one at the SonyStyle store in the bay area ($750+). People are having case cracking issues and paint issues (peeling) on the front face. It is a very gorgeous device though. I wish HTC made a US 3G compatible version of the Touch HD. I'd own two just for ****s and giggles.
    01-17-09 05:07 PM
    My daughter is 26 and went from a Q to a Pearl to an Omnia.
    I am ?? and went from a Treo 700p to a Storm. She likes both phones but finger nails get in her way on the Storm and she uses them instead of the stylus on the Omnia. I tried her Omnia and was not impressed at all. So, like it has been said many times, do not worry about what every one else thinks. Try them both and get what YOU like.
    01-17-09 05:21 PM
    Try them both and get what YOU like.
    Best response I've read so far
    01-17-09 05:23 PM
    OMG , trust me i learned the hard way. DO NOT BUY THE OMNIA, compaired to the storm it is worthless. I traded in my storm for the omnia , with in 12 hours of having it i new the first thing i was going to do when i woke up was to return it . the "touch screen" is useless. it barley works even with the lipstick styleis, the optical mous is a good idea, but , it lags the phone to the point of uselessness. DO NOT GET THE OMNIA the storm is by far better. take this from first hand experence.
    01-17-09 05:35 PM
    OMG , trust me i learned the hard way. DO NOT BUY THE OMNIA, compaired to the storm it is worthless. I traded in my storm for the omnia , with in 12 hours of having it i new the first thing i was going to do when i woke up was to return it . the "touch screen" is useless. it barley works even with the lipstick styleis, the optical mous is a good idea, but , it lags the phone to the point of uselessness. DO NOT GET THE OMNIA the storm is by far better. take this from first hand experence.
    That, and it looks like more of a iphone rip-off, and kinda like the LG Dare
    01-17-09 05:37 PM
    The omnia is possibly the one touchscreen phone out on the market at the moment that actually succeeds in being worse than the storm. Seriously, its one piece of crap.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-17-09 05:42 PM
    yeah trust me man i researched this ALOT.

verizon's offerings suck right now. the storm while far from perfect is your defacto winner.

Please read my post on hofo comparing all of verizons viable smartphone offerings. i basically took months of research and dumped it into a short post.

HowardForums: Your Mobile Phone Community & Resource - Missing winmo!

hope it is helpful.
    01-17-09 05:43 PM
    I had an Omnia for roughly a month and was quite pleased with it for the most part. I never really used the Touch WIZ UI (widgets and all), preferring to use either the ported version of TouchFlo 2D or Winterfacce (which is, IMHO, the best touch-oriented UI one can use over WinMo 6.1). The camera on the Omnia is amazing, and takes better photos than my Storm does. I also liked the 8GB of on-board storage and the massive software library that any WM phone has access to. I only returned the Omnia because of an issue with WM itself which would make the control panel completely inaccessable, and for which there didn't appear to be any fix on the horizon.

There are some things I love about my Storm, which the Omnia did not have, such as SurePress and a more stable OS. I would have liked to see a better cameara on the Storm, but I realise that unless I import a phone from Asia or Europe and switch away from VZW, I'm not going to find anything better than 5MP (still, it's crazy to see 8 and 10MP phones on the market!). I also miss the MS ebook reader, which I had on my Omnia.
    01-17-09 05:46 PM
43 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD