The omnia is possibly the one touchscreen phone out on the market at the moment that actually succeeds in being worse than the storm. Seriously, its one piece of crap.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Hey man that was uncalled for and you forgot the dare.
    01-17-09 05:46 PM
    Ok, but the storm is disappointing at least. The dare is crap, I give you that. Its funny, at work we call the omnia a disease: "ihe contracted omnia for 18 months" etc... God I hate that piece of sh.....

01-17-09 05:52 PM
    I was seriously considering switching to the Omnia while I was within the exchange period. It seemed the only contender that appealed to me that VZ hd to offer. But I went to a couple stores, and in 3 visits of playing with it, the last visit I decided I really didn't like the Omnia touchscreen compared to the Storm's. I didn't like all that dragging icons around business. It also felt much less responsive than my Storm to me, less streamlined, more lag.

I will pass on what a rep at Corporate store told me: he ditched his Storm in favor of Omnia. It was his opinion that Omnia was best touchscreen smartphone VZ had to offer right now. He said Storm has potential to be a killer phone, but has too many issues and for that reason he felt it was launched sooner than it should have been. (And before I get mud flung at me, that's his .02, I'm just repeating it.)

For the ladies, typing with my nails is a non-issue on either phone, but it was more difficult to type on the Omnia. That might be an issue easily resolved with use.

What I've found, Storm being my first BB, is I am pretty well hooked on BB software now (yet have barely scratched the surface of what it can do).
    01-17-09 07:28 PM
    More misinformation about the Omnia.

You do not have to use the widgets interface, so all the moving icons around isn't necessary. I hate the widgets interface and haven't used it since the day it arrived. There are also more widgets available now, I still don't care to use it.

I've had my Omnia since 11/27 and the only freezes I've had was while I was experimenting with flash lite 3.1.
    Flash player 7 does all that flash lite 3.1 can do but FP7 is stable whereas FL3.1 isn't, so I use FP7. Yes, I can view some flash content.

Someone here complained about the Omnia's accelerometer only working at a certain angle. It has multiple settings for the motion sensor, it can be set as low as no change at all, or as high as turn at the slightest movement, so obviously that person is not a good source of information about the Omnia's performance if they didn't know that.

Someone else said by the end of the day the Omnia is slow because of all the open programs. I guess you didn't realize that you can actually close the programs. Another poor source of information.

I realize this is a BB forum so there will be more people dogging any device that isn't a BB, but at least know what you're talking about.
    Isn't that the same thing you all tell those who come here complaining about the Storm?

Before you all start making assumptions about why I still come here, as I've said before: I have no loyalty to any device, manufacturer, or provider.

So just because I have the Omnia doesn't mean I'm a WM fan or a BB enemy.
    I'm a Unix person (AIX, Solaris, HP-UX), it's in my blood to hate microsoft, my previous device was a Treo 700p, so I didn't want a WM phone.

BB was the next obvious choice. Sure I could have turned to the iPhone, but come on...really.
    There were no touch screen BB's until the Storm, and I was really hyped. I read everything about it that I could find. I called Verizon asking about pricing, asking for a release date, etc, but after reading most of the actual user feedback I decided against it, that doesn't mean I won't want one at some point in the future.

I have had no random resets, the screen is very responsive, I don't have to put anything in the battery compartment to make it work better, no dust under the screen, nor do I have to adjust any screws.

The key spacing on the keyboard is a bit tight, especially in portrait mode, but there are multiple keyboards available to install that are better than the built-in keyboard. I have another keyboard and I can type as fast as I did on my Treo with the real keyboard.

Things I don't like about the Omnia:

1. The email app. I'm use to it now, but chattermail was 10x better.
    2. The SMS app. I like the threaded messaging, I prefer it, but I don't like that when I send an SMS in threaded mode, it goes to both my sent folder and my inbox, that's just stupid.
    3. I can't use the FM radio with my BT stereo headphones, everything else works with them though (voice command, announcements, system sounds, music, video, etc.)

I'm done now, please continue bashing the Omnia because from what I can tell none of you really know much about it.
    I'll still continue reading about the Storm. The Storm is the reason why I changed my plan with Verizon to get into the VIP program.
    If it gets better, I might have one next year.
    01-17-09 08:41 PM
    well one thing i have been told by MANY Omnia owners is that it has TERRIBLE battery life. do you disagree with their statements?
    01-17-09 10:38 PM
    I disagree with that. My Omnia had good battery life, provided I wasn't constantly online or streaming media.
    01-18-09 04:48 PM
    Not even a comparison to me.

Omnia is a child's toy compared to the Storm. Get the omnia if you're a 14 year old girl, get the Storm if you're a real man.
    Well said. Couldn't have said it better myself.
    01-18-09 06:26 PM
    Well said. Couldn't have said it better myself.
    Q: "How Do You Know You're Not a Real Man?"
    A: When you need an electronic device to validate your manhood!
    02-15-09 02:15 PM
    I'm new to the "smartphone" experience, coming off of my army green enV. I actually bought the Omnia, had it in the bag and was getting ready to walk out of the store when I happened to mention that I'm a Mac user and was looking forward to giving up my Palm (long list of issues, one of which was wouldn't sync anymore) and being able to sync again. He said to me "uh-oh." Soooo, I ended up with the Storm and am happy. I'm a grandma who loves using her cell phone camera and I haven't been too excited about the camera on my Storm. But, you have to pick and choose, I think, because there doesn't seem to be a perfect phone or perfect carrier in existence, so you have to assess what is important to you and try and get the best fit you can.
    02-15-09 02:40 PM
    Play with the keyboard in horizontal mode and you can already tell it's a poorly designed phone.
    02-15-09 03:10 PM
    my custom ROM for my XV6800 is better than the storm... Pointui.com released Home 2 and is honestly the best interface ive messed with.. WM 6.5 betas are out everywhere and with a real release on the way within months im pretty sure that will give the omnia a boost.. i agree the touchwiz sucks but like someone else said can easily be removed and other interfaces added. as for my Storm, ehhh its ok... the click screen is gimmicky ... i'll be giving my my the storm when verizon rolls out with the HTC Diamond or whatever else they may have in may when i can re up
    02-15-09 03:13 PM
    I had an Omnia before the Storm and there were things I liked alot about it. I liked the browser w/ tabs, the optical mouse, the camera. But the battery life seemed to be worse compared to the Storm and I had a hard time with the screen. Typing was difficult, but I liked the scrolling. The widgets is a neat idea and I did use them from time to time, but I much prefer the Storm's UI especially w/ the Ring theme.

just my .02
    02-15-09 03:14 PM
    My brother had 2 omnias before the storm. Both had major hardware issues so he gave up and returned it for the storm. He likes the storm a lot and has said that if the omnias bugs were all fixed, it would be a really great phone he just couldn't deal with it anymore though. They were major issues and not something he could just deal with... he hasn't had any issues with the storm since he got it last month.

02-15-09 03:31 PM
    I was stuck between the two until I realized that WM was involved on the Samsung. That iced it for me! I've had my fill of WM devices.
    02-16-09 09:50 AM
    and i like Winmo but for me i had trouble using my fat fingers on it whenever i got much deeper than the home screen and with no slot for the stylus it got kinda frustrating. I liked the phone enough to keep it in hopes that winmo 6.5 will work on it or maybe even 7.0.
    02-17-09 12:28 PM
    The keyboard really killed it for me. If the horizontal keyboard is that poorly designed, the rest of the phone can't be far behind.

Resistive screens also aren't my thing.
    02-17-09 12:30 PM
    from what I hear the omnia looks exceedingly better on paper but the phone itself is nowhere near the storm in usability.
    So true, I hated the Omnia, I'm a Storm user personally, but I have played with the Omnia
    02-18-09 10:48 AM
    The fact that WinMo 6.5 is around the corner also doesn't inspire a whole lot of confidence
    02-18-09 10:51 AM
43 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD