Hi - I am new to this PDA/BAB/iPhone stuff and I am a new user of the BB Storm. I do not want to start a flame thread but here are my observations after 30 days of using the Storm.
    I upgraded to a Storm because my Verizon LG 8350 phone contract was up. I went into it thinking, I will look at all smart phones and pick the best one for my needs. I decide to go with Storm greatly because of the email, texting and, excellent phone call quality compared to the other phones. After a month, I am still happy with the 3 reasons I chose the Storm. However, even though the end result of these tasks is good, it is sometimes a cumbersome process to get there. For instance, the phone "call" quality is great, however the interface design seems lacking and I find myself waiting, after a key is pressed ,or having to press too many keys to get from where I am currently tasking back to the phone back to where I was working.
    And then...
    I just watched the Palm Pre video on this site, and I have to tell you, Palm seems to have done an excellent job designing for work flow. How I work with my phone, calling, texting, emailing ect. and, switching between tasks. When you see it, you know it. I still am going to keep my Storm for now but... I am keeping an eye on the Palm Pre.

Just my thoughts. Michael
    01-10-09 11:02 AM
    Ruh Roh Raggy!

The Pre looks promising. If it delivers as advertised, it will be a great device. I am glad for Palm.
    Last edited by Lodingi; 01-10-09 at 12:09 PM.
    01-10-09 11:05 AM
    The Palm Pre did look pretty interesting but so do all the videos of the new phones when they are first released. Its new so you will more than likely run into issues with the Pre also.
    01-10-09 11:10 AM
    No bounce, no play.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-10-09 11:11 AM
    The Pre looks like it will be a good phone, because of the OS but nothing close to the storm, the quality on the screen for me looks much better on the Storm and the Pre has a real keyboard....

I really think the Pre will be another option to the Touch Pro...
    01-10-09 11:20 AM
    The Palm Pre did look pretty interesting but so do all the videos of the new phones when they are first released.
    Umm... none of the storm videos look good, not even the current ones.
    01-10-09 11:29 AM
    The WebOS looks like it had infinitely more thought put into seamless use than RIM put into the Storm. The only question I have is whether or not a network outage will prevent access to contacts since the demo made it seem like almost all content is retrieved from the network when you request to view it. The only thing that will keep me on a BlackBerry is if the Pre has to use polling to fetch email from a Groupwise server.
    01-10-09 11:33 AM
    Remember...the Pre is a Sprint phone! Like brotha said they all look good in the begining when running with only the base apps installed. But at the end of the day the choice is all yours.
    01-10-09 11:39 AM
    Palm was also smart enough to come out the box with more memory also 8 gigs but no SD card though.
    01-10-09 11:49 AM
    Remember...the Pre is a Sprint phone! Like brotha said they all look good in the begining when running with only the base apps installed. But at the end of the day the choice is all yours.
    Would someone actually switch from Verizon to SPRINT because they like the Palm that much more than a BB Storm? That seems insane to me. Sprint is weak.
    01-10-09 11:50 AM
    Umm... none of the storm videos look good, not even the current ones.
    BULL... YES they do. I understand that your quickly becoming a Pre-fan boy. Which is fine. But you've never used the phone and have only seen it in video/pictures. Just like the storm, it looks nice in commercials and videos. We all must wait until the phone makes it out to the market. You couldn't tell from videos that the storm was going to have the issues it does. So how do you know the pre would be any different. Its all speculation at this point.
    01-10-09 12:28 PM
    Would someone actually switch from Verizon to SPRINT because they like the Palm that much more than a BB Storm? That seems insane to me. Sprint is weak.
    I'd be very surprised if it remained on Sprint for it's entire life. The same thing was said about the Storm and Verizon and we're already looking at a version for AT&T.
    Last edited by MarcusAurelius; 01-10-09 at 12:59 PM.
    01-10-09 12:56 PM
    Technically every storm comes with 9 gigs of memory; 1GB onboard and an 8Gb card standard.
    01-10-09 01:11 PM
    The Pre looks pretty slick -- it adds a lot of interesting features (windowpanes, some neat gestures, seamless web integration, icon dock), but when you get right down to it, it's basically an iPhone OS with an updated theme and a physical keyboard. While the keyboard won't come with time, the updates to the iPhone to reflect how people use mobile devices definitely will.

The Pre seems too expensive. Palm's reply to the Pre rumored to be priced twice as much as the Storm and iPhone was fairly weak ... "Why should we price it this low when we have a clearly superior product?" Not exactly the best way to sell a phone in my opinion. I think you'll see the price tag driving a lot of folks away.

In any event, it puts the Storm to shame. And I like the Storm.
    01-10-09 01:14 PM
    I think both devices are fantastic.

I have a Storm here and while I wish the Storm was doing some of the cool things that the Pre is doing, that doesn't change the fact that the Storm is just as great a device as the Pre. The good news is that the Storm isn't stagnant. It will be a constantly improving device. The lack of the cooler interface and OS related features of the Pre, doesn't make the Storm any less of a device, it just shows numerous ways that RIM can make the Storm an even greater device.

I was initially pretty taken aback by seeing how fantastic the Pre looks, but I've got a great device here myself and seeing it serving me for quite sometime.
    01-10-09 01:25 PM
    Hey mdude .. I agree that there are things about the Pre that could make a Storm Chaser envious but as long as the Pre is twice the price, where is the shame?
    01-10-09 01:35 PM
    One thing I found disconcerning about the pre in the 25 min video is that with 17% bat in the beginning, he had to recharge 17 min into the vid. That extrapolates to about 2 hrs of life...

01-10-09 01:40 PM
    One thing I found disconcerning about the pre in the 25 min video is that with 17% bat in the beginning, he had to recharge 17 min into the vid. That extrapolates to about 2 hrs of life...

lol, im pretty sure the phone was not on a full charge
    01-10-09 01:47 PM
    Pre looks like a really cool device with a nice OS. However I bet its gonna be a year to year and a half before it shows up on verizon. I bet by then we should be due for an upgrade of storms. And I also really think that by then RIM will come up with something new and cool as well.

01-10-09 01:51 PM
    lol, im pretty sure the phone was not on a full charge
    no it wasn't, he said he got a warning it was 17%, so it was higher then that when he started, then at the 17 min mark of the vid, he had to put it on the charger. I'm not sure what the actual % was when he put it on the charger, but it seems to drain fast with moderate use. Add a few apps, and I suspect it will drain like, or faster then an iPhone.
    01-10-09 01:51 PM
    I'd be very surprised if it remained on Sprint for it's entire life. The same thing was said about the Storm and Verizon and we're already looking at a version for AT&T.

Ummm...where did you see an AT&T brand Blackberry Storm? To my knowledge, it doesn't exist. The Storm can operate on the AT&T network, but there definitely isn't one branded by them.
    01-10-09 06:05 PM
    Ditto on the Storm/AT&T marriage; where is that story coming from?
    01-10-09 06:15 PM
    Engadget did state that GSM versions of the Pre will eventually be offered (They didn't say anything about carrier)...how long after Sprint gets theres? Don't know.

The Pre is wicked. Now I want a Sprint line.
    01-10-09 06:20 PM
    No push email no good

01-10-09 06:34 PM
    There is someone in our VCC forums who posted he is got a line with sprint just in preparation for the Pre.
    01-10-09 06:42 PM
48 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD