At this point i can careless. As long as they continue to leak these beta, I am fine ehehhe..
    I totally agree
    04-26-09 03:39 PM
    What exactly is being announced that needs 5.0? Sorry, I'm kind of ignorant around the boards when it came to this..
    Uh... BES 5.0, of course.

No betas for me... I need my support from VZW.
    04-26-09 03:44 PM
    good luck with that...

another worthless thread.

CB's finest.
    04-26-09 03:48 PM
    dont expect the officail update anytime soon. spoke to a blackberry tech today and they said since the date for the official release was leaked, they now have no idea when it will come out. he said could take up to another month...im getting tired of verizon's nonsense. cant wait till my annual upgrade comes so i can get rid of this p.o.s. phone
    04-29-09 04:09 PM
    Here's the way I see it from all what Verizon tech support for the blackberry's why would they say it's coming out the first week of May and never confirm it? I spoke with 3 different tech support people they said the update is coming out the first week of May and the other two acted like they didn't know what I was asking them

Hopefully it'll come out
    04-29-09 04:23 PM
    Keep in mind that the information in this article is not official.

advertisment:
    While Canadian users of the BlackBerry Storm received an OS upgrade from carrier Telus today, U.S.owners of the first touchscreen BlackBerry continue to wait for the Verizon version. The Canadian carrier sent out build 4.7.0.122 to its customers with the 9530 model. If you are not a Telus customer, downloading their upgrade would be akin to downloading a leaked copy onto your phone, which means that you can void your warranty or brick your phone if you attempt to load this on to your Storm. Meanwhile, an assistant to Verizon Wireless CEO Lowell McAdams told us yesterday to expect an upgrade from Big Red soon, one that would take care of whatever ails the handset. Yesterday, a BGR tipster who works for Verizon said that he had received an email from the carrier saying that Verizon's Storm users would be alerted Tuesday via email of an impending upgrade. While that didn't happen, the email said that Verizon was going to be sending out OS version 4.7.0.141 to their 9530 owners. Like any storm, this one has been full of wind, keeps changing directions, and is leaving some people out in the cold, soaking wet.
    04-29-09 04:31 PM
    dont expect the officail update anytime soon. spoke to a blackberry tech today and they said since the date for the official release was leaked, they now have no idea when it will come out. he said could take up to another month...im getting tired of verizon's nonsense. cant wait till my annual upgrade comes so i can get rid of this p.o.s. phone
    Why in the world would a "leaked" release date hold back a release? What you claim this BB tech told you makes absolutely NO sense whatsoever. Unless you're telling us that they are purposely making us wait just because a date was leaked, which means they are a-holes.
    04-29-09 04:31 PM
    Why in the world would a "leaked" release date hold back a release? What you claim this BB tech told you makes absolutely NO sense whatsoever. Unless you're telling us that they are purposely making us wait just because a date was leaked, which means they are a-holes.
    I agree that makes no sense at all. The date has not leaked anyway. Just because someone reports May first means nothing IMO. May 1st is an easy date to say something is going to happen, but you can have 30 different websites pick 1 day of the month and choose that to run for their report. Does that mean the date was leaked? its in VZWs best interest to get a release out if they have it certified. The BB tech sadly was pulling a fast one on you.
    04-29-09 05:01 PM
    I think the part thats most frustrating is simply the fact that the storm was semi rushed out and anyone who deny's that is full of it. It was even delayed originally because the devices shipped with the wrong OS and had to get flashed before selling or they found a glitch in the OS.

Anyway the shipped OS even the upgrade to the current .75 official is not how this phone really should run. So anyone in the same boat as me Burned our phone upgrade spent 200+ accessories and have a phone thats a little over 6 months old and have yet to get it working the way its supposed to (closer for people who do leaked os')

Its frustrating that I spent this much money am locked into contract so even if I wanted to use another phone I would pay out of my **** for it.

Now my phone does work pretty decent but it frustrates me that other company's have released updated OS that we have yet to see officially. Maybe verizon has a High standard. However with a phone that this many users complain about you would think they would be a little more willing to do something.

I like Verizon they usually are top notch support and good customer service but to spend this much money and have this many problems out there it certainly can leave a bad taste in someones mouth.
    04-29-09 05:13 PM
    I agree that makes no sense at all. The date has not leaked anyway. Just because someone reports May first means nothing IMO. May 1st is an easy date to say something is going to happen, but you can have 30 different websites pick 1 day of the month and choose that to run for their report. Does that mean the date was leaked? its in VZWs best interest to get a release out if they have it certified. The BB tech sadly was pulling a fast one on you.
    YEA HOMIE I FEEL U, HOPE THAT OFFICIAL COMES OUT 4 US, ITS PRETTY MUCH ALL RIMS FAULT 4 NOT KEEPING TABS ON THEIR DEVICES EVEN THA STORM ESPECIALLY. I HIGHLY DOUBT ITS GONNA ROLL ON OUT ON MAY 1ST. ILL BELIEVE IT WHEN I SEE IT!!! JUST GOTTA HOLD OUR BREATHS TILL THEN! HAHA..
    04-29-09 05:18 PM

i agree that it makes no sense, thats what i said..i told him wouldnt verizon want people to know when the release was coming so that all this nonsense could stop and he simply said , no. they want it to be a suprise and just have everyone get an email or a wireless upgrade icon...makes no sense at all...but thats what i was told..not making this up lol
    04-29-09 05:20 PM
    dont expect the official update anytime soon. spoke to a blackberry tech today and they said since the date for the official release was leaked, they now have no idea when it will come out. he said could take up to another month.
    I think this was supposed to be parsed as "in the time that has elapsed since the date for the official release was leaked...", not "because the date for the official release was leaked...". In other words "since" in a temporal manner, not a causality manner.
    04-29-09 05:33 PM
    YEA HOMIE I FEEL U, HOPE THAT OFFICIAL COMES OUT 4 US, ITS PRETTY MUCH ALL RIMS FAULT 4 NOT KEEPING TABS ON THEIR DEVICES EVEN THA STORM ESPECIALLY. I HIGHLY DOUBT ITS GONNA ROLL ON OUT ON MAY 1ST. ILL BELIEVE IT WHEN I SEE IT!!! JUST GOTTA HOLD OUR BREATHS TILL THEN! HAHA..
    Okay, 1st off, lose the freakin' caps-lock and the gangsta-speak - If you're posting in a Blackberry forum, you're NOT gangsta - got it?

2nd of all, how is this in ANY way RIM's fault? It's Verizon that hasn't certified any OS beyond .75; not RIM's. Other carriers have managed to certify .122; Verizon didn't. But again, that is NOT RIM's fault.
    04-29-09 05:42 PM
    Okay, 1st off, lose the freakin' caps-lock and the gangsta-speak - If you're posting in a Blackberry forum, you're NOT gangsta - got it?

2nd of all, how is this in ANY way RIM's fault? It's Verizon that hasn't certified any OS beyond .75; not RIM's. Other carriers have managed to certify .122; Verizon didn't. But again, that is NOT RIM's fault.
    It is totally rims fault you cant blame verizon.... Why would they want top release a buggy os...... i wouldt rims needs to build a 100% stable os rember verizon dont build them just approve them rim should be embarrased with all the ****ty leaked os's out there
    04-29-09 06:02 PM
    and with 122 you couldt forward a mms i wouldt rather have .75 then .122 forwading mms is a big thing for me
    04-29-09 06:03 PM

THIS IS NOT A FLAME.... ( or not ment to seem like one [ it seems some mods cant handle new people on here with a lil bit of humor... i.e. READ THE POST mod before you delete it thanks.])

There is and has always been a growing trend amongst "gangstas"... rule one stay on top of ANYTHING that will give you the advantage... its why cops have such a hard time.. BlackBerry is criminals' gadget of choice but hey... who knows... you might be saying canadians are not gangstas in a minute.

that being said... i dont see any of this as being rims fault. Perhaps a breakdown in communications between the two companies or perhaps a poor idea set for the implimentation of said OS but not something that should be blown out of scale.

just my thoughts.
    04-29-09 06:22 PM

if VZW released .122 i'd personally take a dump on the nearest VZW church of higher learning.
    04-29-09 06:24 PM
    if VZW released .122 i'd personally take a dump on the nearest VZW church of higher learning.
    I have no idea why, but I fell out of my chair laughing when I read this...... Honestly though, I didn't think .122 was THAT bad.... compared to .75; that is.
    04-29-09 06:28 PM
    I have no idea why, but I fell out of my chair laughing when I read this...... Honestly though, I didn't think .122 was THAT bad.... compared to .75; that is.
    dude...you just ROFL'd
    04-29-09 06:29 PM
    Honeslty I cant say RIM holds any blame for why VZW hasnt released anything yet. To me i think they could get by with releasing .109 (maybe) or .132 While they do have there flaws, i think the benefits probably outwiegh them. The "gold code" standard they might have is perhaps holding them back a little in a sense. Again this is just my opinion.
    04-29-09 06:32 PM
    There is and has always been a growing trend amongst "gangstas"... rule one stay on top of ANYTHING that will give you the advantage... its why cops have such a hard time.. (url removed, my post count is too low) but hey... who knows... you might be saying canadians are not gangstas in a minute.
    That article is a little old. I bet the 'gangsta' phone of choice is now the iPhone.

Do you need help picking a weapon to rob a liquor store? We've got an app for that!
    04-29-09 06:32 PM
    Honeslty I cant say RIM holds any blame for why VZW hasnt released anything yet. To me i think they could get by with releasing .109 (maybe) or .132 While they do have there flaws, i think the benefits probably outwiegh them. The "gold code" standard they might have is perhaps holding them back a little in a sense. Again this is just my opinion.
    the problem is that the flaws and bugs directly impact paying services. not like the HTML or the screen lock. not being able to MMS, poor signal strength, battery life, etc...those are service impacting bugs and flaws. there is no way they could release that. they'd get sued so quick, i know I for one i'd demand my bill be free for any services that these flaws impact until they get a new update out to resolve the issues. i pay for services, damn it i wanna use 'em!
    04-29-09 06:34 PM
    haha...i didnt have those problems with 109 and 132
    04-29-09 06:38 PM
    Wait.....this cant be true. I heard from a couple of posters that they were sure that a released candidate was confirmed for this week. They claimed that they had special top secret inside information from a "reliable source" and that I shouldnt question them.
    04-29-09 06:40 PM
    Wait.....this cant be true. I heard from a couple of posters that they were sure that a released candidate was confirmed for this week. They claimed that they had special top secret inside information from a "reliable source" and that I shouldnt question them.
    pix or it didn't happen...
    04-29-09 06:43 PM
202 ... 45678 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD