Didn't expect that coming.
    04-21-09 01:42 AM
    What does WES have to do with cinco de Mayo?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-21-09 03:26 AM
    Talked to a very blackberry savvy, Verizon official today. He told me the Verizon OS update for the blackberry storm is to come the first week of may. I hope for this information to be true.
    Hey look u can quote a vzw rep well guess wut I can do

I can ride my bike with no handlebars,noooo handlebars

Last edited by koehler104; 04-21-09 at 04:24 AM.
    04-21-09 03:38 AM
    Hey look u can quote a vzw rep well guess wut I can do

I can ride my bike with no handlebars,noooo handlebars

I can take apart the remote control and almost put it back together..
    04-21-09 06:35 PM

What is being announced at said show that requires 5.0 OS for some functions?

WES 2009: The Wireless Enterprise Symposium for BlackBerry Users

That's all I have to say on the matter.
    What exactly is being announced that needs 5.0? Sorry, I'm kind of ignorant around the boards when it came to this..
    04-21-09 07:25 PM
    This is my very first reply to any of these "I heard..." threads. Just once I'd love to see one posted and absolutely nobody reply at all.

TONY
    04-22-09 10:32 AM
    This is my very first reply to any of these "I heard..." threads. Just once I'd love to see one posted and absolutely nobody reply at all.

TONY
    the fact that you posted is totally ironic then...why don't you practice what you preach
    04-22-09 10:34 AM
    the fact that you posted is totally ironic then...why don't you practice what you preach
    I bothered to mention that I view these types of threads all the time, and have never posted to one until today. It's sort of a moot point now that there are 8 pages of replies to the OP. Perhaps I should have written that in my opinion it would be nice to see threads like this one go without any reply.

You might try to be a little less caustic. Have a nice day.

TONY
    04-22-09 11:09 AM
    Hey guys can ANYONE help me??? I just got my blackberry storm 9530 about a week or two ago. Ive tried MANY links to theese OS updates and they ALL say..."This link has been removed" I cant find one ANYWHERE!! Also i found ONE link that worked but i didnt know if i was suppose to download it on my computer or blackberry its self. SOMEONE PLLLEEEAAASSSEEE HELP ME OUT!?
    04-25-09 07:24 PM
    People that start threads like this should be banned...seriously. So many people fall for this crap and it just creates a giant ****storm all over the forums.
    04-25-09 07:58 PM
    Hey guys can ANYONE help me??? I just got my blackberry storm 9530 about a week or two ago. Ive tried MANY links to theese OS updates and they ALL say..."This link has been removed" I cant find one ANYWHERE!! Also i found ONE link that worked but i didnt know if i was suppose to download it on my computer or blackberry its self. SOMEONE PLLLEEEAAASSSEEE HELP ME OUT!?
    You download the OS to your comp and use Desktop Manager to upload it.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f132/ho...system-208714/

Links in here to some OS threads

http://forums.crackberry.com/search....rchid=14533370
    04-25-09 07:58 PM
    Yes, yes, I won't even bother to flame another "Verizon rep said" thread ...

I went to the local Verizon store yesterday to pick up a pack of screen protectors and a spare mini-USB cable (I've started listening to and watching podcasts/vidcasts at work and it's killing my battery, so now I can plug into my work PC USB port and use it as a charger) ...

Anyhow, the nice woman that sold me my Storm, after I put her through the paces for over 90 minutes deciding to get one and trying out every "Smart Phone" they had in the store, recognizes me and comes over to see how I like the Storm.

I tell her I love it and show her a bunch of the apps I have, you'd think I was selling one to her!! She's so impressed she tells the Store Manager and the tech in the back to check out my phone (I had showed her RDM+ to take over my home PC and ORB to stream live video and she's looking at me like I'm from another planet, the sales people really have no clue what this thing is capable of doing...lol) ...

So now the manager and techie come over and are checking out my Storm (and customers are getting curious to boot) ... so I really start showing off by playing vidcasts from PodTrapper and whatever ...

and the tech asks the magic question .. "What OS are you running?" so I show him .132 ... he looks at me like I just stepped out of a time machine from the future ... ROFL ...

So after my "in-store demo" (I swear Verizon owes me 3 months free service for this at least) they probably sold 5 Storms in the next hour ... I ask the tech guy and the manager, "so when's Verizon going live with an updated OS?" and they both told me the same thing ...

NO FRIGGING CLUE!!!!! They simply do not know. They talk to people in corporate all the time and NOTHING has been stated "for the record" by anyone ... I mentioned to them that Bell had released .122 and they both said the same thing ... "that's nice, so why did you update to .132?" ... Good question boys ...

But the age-old adage that applies to buying PCs applies here I think ... when you need a new PC but the biggest, baddest one you can get so after 3 years it will still satisfy you performance-wise and even have a built-in upgrade path. But you HAVE TO install all the updates! Verizon is in desperate need of an update like the ones we have been running to help people over the "hump" to decide to buy a Storm and to demonstrate they care enough to support the F'ing thing once you buy it.

As my old boss used to say, "There comes a time in every project where you have to shoot all the people in the test lab and go into production." ... it's time for Verizon to load the Uzis ...
    04-26-09 03:41 AM
    Your puppy knows more than your savvy rep! And if u don't have a puppy it still knows more than the vzw rep

04-26-09 03:50 AM
    I'll believe it when I see it!
    04-26-09 03:56 AM
    So after my "in-store demo" (I swear Verizon owes me 3 months free service for this at least) they probably sold 5 Storms in the next hour ... I ask the tech guy and the manager, "so when's Verizon going live with an updated OS?" and they both told me the same thing ...
    I wonder how many of those five will be returned when the owners get them home and see that theirs perform nothing like yours did in the store. Hopefully, they are savvy enough to know how to find, download, install, and enjoy the leaked OSes, or even the official OSes from other carriers.
    04-26-09 07:33 AM
    I heard from a guy who knows a chick who did some well questionable things to a guy who's cousin works at verizon and he says the same thing.

Who cares, i got my betas any official release doesnt really matter because im not running .75 so im all good.
    04-26-09 07:38 AM

I went to the local Verizon store yesterday to pick up a pack of screen protectors and a spare mini-USB cable (I've started listening to and watching podcasts/vidcasts at work and it's killing my battery, so now I can plug into my work PC USB port and use it as a charger) ...

Anyhow, the nice woman that sold me my Storm, after I put her through the paces for over 90 minutes deciding to get one and trying out every "Smart Phone" they had in the store, recognizes me and comes over to see how I like the Storm.

I tell her I love it and show her a bunch of the apps I have, you'd think I was selling one to her!! She's so impressed she tells the Store Manager and the tech in the back to check out my phone (I had showed her RDM+ to take over my home PC and ORB to stream live video and she's looking at me like I'm from another planet, the sales people really have no clue what this thing is capable of doing...lol) ...

So now the manager and techie come over and are checking out my Storm (and customers are getting curious to boot) ... so I really start showing off by playing vidcasts from PodTrapper and whatever ...

and the tech asks the magic question .. "What OS are you running?" so I show him .132 ... he looks at me like I just stepped out of a time machine from the future ... ROFL ...

NO FRIGGING CLUE!!!!! They simply do not know. They talk to people in corporate all the time and NOTHING has been stated "for the record" by anyone ... I mentioned to them that Bell had released .122 and they both said the same thing ... "that's nice, so why did you update to .132?" ... Good question boys ...

But the age-old adage that applies to buying PCs applies here I think ... when you need a new PC but the biggest, baddest one you can get so after 3 years it will still satisfy you performance-wise and even have a built-in upgrade path. But you HAVE TO install all the updates! Verizon is in desperate need of an update like the ones we have been running to help people over the "hump" to decide to buy a Storm and to demonstrate they care enough to support the F'ing thing once you buy it.

As my old boss used to say, "There comes a time in every project where you have to shoot all the people in the test lab and go into production." ... it's time for Verizon to load the Uzis ...
    This is THE most interesting story I've read in these useless (...yet somehow I can't seem to ignore...) VERIZON REP SAID threads. Thanks cad!

04-26-09 07:42 AM

That is too funny I was going to tell a similar story when I went into the Telus store on Friday to get a replacement battery the girl that sold me the storm in December asked the same thing.....how did I like it etc. I handed over my storm for her to put the new battery in and she looked at the OS and was like where did you get that??? She then called over the area sales manager that works all the different stores in the area and he was like wow!? Where and how did you get that. Long story short I asked him just for a laugh when he thought they might release the official and he had no clue.
    04-26-09 07:49 AM
    hahahhahha man. We are some harsh people on CB lol. Flame Thrower Retaliation Prepared?

at your service...

04-26-09 07:58 AM
    Let the flaming begin... Opps its already halfway through
    04-26-09 08:36 AM
    Does it matter anyway. Chances are they will release a version that is lower than a leak out there - say .132. Would anyone downgrade for an "official" release ? Theoretical they are waiting for the "perfect" OS - well, that just doesn't seem to be happening. Some are real close, but the next week an improvement comes out, and so on, and so on. So who really cares about Verizon and an "official" release.
    04-26-09 09:24 AM
    It is funny though now that .132 has leaked all those folks who said my rep told me .113 is gonna be official have stopped. And the countless theads on them have stopped also lol.

04-26-09 09:31 AM
    It is funny though now that .132 has leaked all those folks who said my rep told me .113 is gonna be official have stopped. And the countless theads on them have stopped also lol.

Watch someone will prove you wrong they love to do that on here
    04-26-09 10:31 AM
    Hey � the OP could be right. He said first week in May but he didn't commit to a year!

04-26-09 10:44 AM
    At this point i can careless. As long as they continue to leak these beta, I am fine ehehhe..
    04-26-09 03:09 PM
202 ... 34567 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD