Most people in the verizon stores don't even know that you can upgrade the OS.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    whats an os upgrade?
    04-18-09 09:31 PM
    I don't know about the next official update...but .113 is the way to go until vzw releases something new. I was extremely nervous about installing a beta OS on my storm, but I went for it, and was/am satisfied. (battery pull restored my browser--I was nervous about this at first)My phone is faster, and there is a full keyboard in portrait mode. Also, the text select/highlight software in .113 is extremely helpful--when you move the text cursor, a large blue box forms around the letter you have highlighted. This makes highliting and editing text mid-sentence much easier. I strongly recommend .113 to anyone who is looking to improve his or her storm.

If you are nervous, I understand...but I went for it, and everything worked out. I have yet to come across a post in which someone is unhappy about .113.
    04-18-09 09:35 PM
    Tru that

04-18-09 09:36 PM
    whats an os upgrade?
    An OS upgrade upgrades the software on your phone..NOT the software on your computer.
    04-18-09 09:37 PM
    Y 113 n not 122

04-18-09 09:37 PM
    I'm not sure about .122...all I know is that when I was looking to upgrade, I came across the most positive feedback for .113, and I figured I would play it safe. I have no experience with .122, so I cannot comment on it relative to .113.
    04-18-09 09:40 PM
    My cousins uncle twice removed married to my second aunt who has a friend that works at big red told her that this was true
    04-18-09 09:54 PM
    i went to get some screen protectors at my vzw store so i had to ask jus like everyone else not that i was going to believe what they said but the guy told me a new os next week and it was going to be .109 or .113 he couldnt remember but said he was running .85 and was proud of it i said im running .122 and he looked at me like i shot his dog but he guarenteed that the os they release .109 or .113 will be different and improved from the leaked version which i also dont believe but my gf wanted to shop so i didnt waste anymore of my time lol
    04-18-09 09:58 PM
    This from a man who uses the word "aviator" when the correct word is "avatar"......
    I asked for that. I guess that what you get when you work 8 10hr midnight shifts in a row. The fact still remains that the OP has no first hand knowledge of what is going on, much like the other 200 people here who say "I heard".
    04-18-09 11:14 PM
    *sigh*

04-18-09 11:45 PM
    Chano!! Don't do it Chano... John Madden retired expressly so as to be the one to leak us the new OS. Don't wheeze on The Man's gig, Chano!
    04-19-09 12:23 AM
    I asked for that. I guess that what you get when you work 8 10hr midnight shifts in a row. The fact still remains that the OP has no first hand knowledge of what is going on, much like the other 200 people here who say "I heard".
    Just bustin' balls man, I agree with you. But to be honest, the OP probably heard something from someone telling him what he wanted to hear, and he probably thought he was being helpful.

EDIT: And don't work so hard.....!!!!!!!!!
    04-19-09 12:54 AM
    Talked to a very blackberry savvy, Verizon official today. He told me the Verizon OS update for the blackberry storm is to come the first week of may. I hope for this information to be true.
    BLAH..BLAH..BLAH!
    04-19-09 01:19 AM
    By speculations we should havehad like 10 official updates by now.

04-19-09 01:42 AM
    my former roommate works for a verizon store in nyc and he said they're not even close. he is running a beta OS now because he's given up on any future updates.
    04-19-09 01:53 AM
    who cares about the official updates?? with all the help here and all the resources available, and especially after the bell update of .122, why not just do it to it!?!?!?!?!?

I dont know how many times it needs to be said in these forums, but try it!! if you "brick" it, just follow the darned steps in BLACKBERRY 101 to get your phone up and running again!!!!!

dont forget the backup of course!!!!
    04-19-09 02:23 AM
    Greetings All:

My name is Dane Robertson, a Public Relations representative for Verizon Wireless Western Region Corporate Division. Although there has been much speculation about the release of a new OS build for the Blackberry Storm 9500 and 9530 models, VZW customers can finally be relieved as our tech division has actually confirmed the release date of the next update, 5.0.23.0.9, which is scheduled to be downloadable May 4, 2009 at 11:59 P.M. This should come as a much needed reprieve for all those whom have been anticipating this for some time and we at VZW do acknowledge that this is way overdue. Rest assured however, this update will succeed any leaked builds and improve upon the last official one significantly. We apologize to our customers whom have had many complaints over the last few months and our Customer Care department does share its deepest regrets in the delay. However, we hope that this will ease the stress of our customers and further push the sales of the device as we approach our third quarter. Furthermore, a changelog will be provided within the next ten days of the incurring updates to the OS. Thank you for your time, and we at VZW look forward to the satisfaction of our valuable customers and business partners.

Sincerely,

Dane Robertson
    Dept. of Public Relations
    Verizon Wireless Western Region

roflmmfao....now if any of u were buying that cockamamie piece of garbage please run down to your nearest Walmart*'s Get-A-Life section!! Note that this was purely for the entertainment of the disappointed CB users and only to poke fun of the insanely hilarious company that calls themselves the nation's best wireless carrier. I also hope that while you were wasting the last 2 minutes of your precious life reading this crapola that you realize life is too short to believe the bs unnotable sources provide about our "trusted" company. Hope some of you got some chuckles outta this
    Last edited by amac232; 04-19-09 at 02:53 AM.
    04-19-09 02:47 AM
    OP is right! my eight cousin twice removed told me it would be here in two weeks... and did I mention he's a vzw sales rep...
    04-19-09 03:45 AM
    At this point I'm thinking any VZW sales rep could and possibly will be president some day soon?!
    04-19-09 03:54 AM
    Greetings All:

My name is Dane Robertson, a Public Relations representative for Verizon Wireless Western Region Corporate Division. Although there has been much speculation about the release of a new OS build for the Blackberry Storm 9500 and 9530 models, VZW customers can finally be relieved as our tech division has actually confirmed the release date of the next update, 5.0.23.0.9, which is scheduled to be downloadable May 4, 2009 at 11:59 P.M. This should come as a much needed reprieve for all those whom have been anticipating this for some time and we at VZW do acknowledge that this is way overdue. Rest assured however, this update will succeed any leaked builds and improve upon the last official one significantly. We apologize to our customers whom have had many complaints over the last few months and our Customer Care department does share its deepest regrets in the delay. However, we hope that this will ease the stress of our customers and further push the sales of the device as we approach our third quarter. Furthermore, a changelog will be provided within the next ten days of the incurring updates to the OS. Thank you for your time, and we at VZW look forward to the satisfaction of our valuable customers and business partners.

Sincerely,

Dane Robertson

roflmmfao....now if any of u were buying that cockamamie piece of garbage please run down to your nearest Walmart*'s Get-A-Life section!! Note that this was purely for the entertainment of the disappointed CB users and only to poke fun of the insanely hilarious company that calls themselves the nation's best wireless carrier. I also hope that while you were wasting the last 2 minutes of your precious life reading this crapola that you realize life is too short to believe the bs unnotable sources provide about our "trusted" company. Hope some of you got some chuckles outta this
    Heh! I think some of you actually under estimate the plausibility here...it could, it could not but at least be logical in your thinking please.

What is RIMs biggest show of the year?

When is RIMs biggest show of the year?

What is being announced at said show that requires 5.0 OS for some functions?

WES 2009: The Wireless Enterprise Symposium for BlackBerry Users

That's all I have to say on the matter.
    04-19-09 04:05 AM
    Heh! I think some of you actually under estimate the plausibility here...it could, it could not but at least be logical in your thinking please.

What is RIMs biggest show of the year?

When is RIMs biggest show of the year?

What is being announced at said show that requires 5.0 OS for some functions?

WES 2009: The Wireless Enterprise Symposium for BlackBerry Users

That's all I have to say on the matter.
    But why would a Verizon OS release have anything to do with RIM and their conference? I guess it could, but Verizon has shown one thing; that they don't seem to care much about what RIM is doing.

They could have released an OS surrounding App World, but didn't. I think they are on their own time line.
    04-19-09 08:12 AM
    But why would a Verizon OS release have anything to do with RIM and their conference? I guess it could, but Verizon has shown one thing; that they don't seem to care much about what RIM is doing.

They could have released an OS surrounding App World, but didn't. I think they are on their own time line.
    They certainly appear to be in their own little world, don't they?
    04-19-09 08:15 AM
    Anyone can come out and say the OS will drop the first week of May considering thats the week of WES and were sure to hear big BlackBerry news there with their lack of "WOW" factor at CTIA...
    04-19-09 09:44 AM
    [QUOTE=amac232;2321643]Greetings All:

Sincerely,

Dane Robertson

BTW i just checked my outlook their is no Dane Robertson employed at verizon wireless....let me get my flame thrower
    04-19-09 10:05 AM
    BTW i just checked my outlook their is no Dane Robertson employed at verizon wireless....let me get my flame thrower
    Umm, well duuh! Can you not discern something that is entirely fictitious. And personally, I could care less when they release the update bc I'm on 109 atm and am happy with it for the most part. I don't buy into the rumors and it's foolish to even consider what a rogue says. I sure as **** would be mad though if RIM decided to put out a "Storm 2" so soon after the first and haven't even loosed a halfass decent update for the 9530. Until RIM comes forward officially with the next update I will refute anything a VZW dip**** "employee" has to say. No harm no foul, but truth be told.
    04-19-09 10:44 AM
202 ... 23456 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD