You guys are so quick to run people under the bus. He is in fact telling the truth, in fact my roomate is a manager for Verizon and he has the install file himself already. I will get it and put it up tomorrow evening. I'm out of town at the
    moment.

Chill with all the hating people. If you don't believe someone then ignore their post, but coming here and running your mouth does nothing for this community other than waste bandwith and give said post a bump.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-18-09 11:41 AM
    You guys are so quick to run people under the bus. He is in fact telling the truth, in fact my roomate is a manager for Verizon and he has the install file himself already. I will get it and put it up tomorrow evening. I'm out of town at the
    moment.

Chill with all the hating people. If you don't believe someone then ignore their post, but coming here and running your mouth does nothing for this community other than waste bandwith and give said post a bump.

whaaaaaaaaa

fail
    04-18-09 11:42 AM
    moment.

whaaaaaaaaa

fail
    lol, agreed! So what is the version of the mystery installer then
    04-18-09 11:45 AM
    moment.

Sure you will. Now tell us what the build number is.
    04-18-09 11:45 AM
    The roommate is an inflatable doll :P

Built in China.

Sorry, I had to.
    04-18-09 12:11 PM
    Well if nothing else this thread HAS been entertaining. We got a total recall and a bugs bunny reference.

"would I throw a lit match in there officer, if my friend rocky was in there? ". "alright rabbit you've convinced us we'll go look for rocky someplace else"

04-18-09 12:21 PM
    moment.

Loads flame thrower ftw

04-18-09 12:25 PM
    At this point, who cares? Why does anyone care? There are more than enough options out there to update?

.109, .113, .122, + at least 2-4 hybribs to choose from!

Pick one, give it a shot and have fun!

Look Big Red will release when are a good and ready and any speculation is all BS!!
    exactly. Who cars anymore. .113 and .122 work good plus all the hyrbids if your so daring.
    04-18-09 12:33 PM
    OK, so I am sick of waiting for VZW's official update.

Which leak should I get for my Storm? Which one is the best?

There are so many versions out there, I don't know what to do. I am still running .75. (Don't laugh.)

Thanks.
    04-18-09 12:48 PM

There are so many versions out there, I don't know what to do. I am still running .75. (Don't laugh.)

Thanks.
    First ha ha ha jk
    I would try .122 first so far the best for me and its the easiest to install

04-18-09 01:00 PM

Thanks.
    no laughing here buddy... I was on .75 until last night. In a moment of ambition (or maybe over indulgence in brandy and wine), I hooked it up to the desktop and did an upgrade (.113; it has gotten the least scrutiny and the most positive remarks in the balance)

faster accelerometer, faster reboot times, faster everything. The phone even got a little faster but I won't split hairs. NO side effects that a battery pull didn't fix (missing browser). I didn't get any color banding NOR do I have MMS forwarding issues (That I can tell so far)...

No regrets. MANY helpful people in here to help you past the bumps (such as my restore didn't put my telephone contact list back the first time; I did another restore and voila', it was back 100% in tact).

Go for it!!!
    04-18-09 01:28 PM
    Dear Moderators...

Can we PLEASE put a moratorium on all "Verizon OS update post" that involve speculation? Until someone downloads an OFFICIAL release from Verizon or reads an article with a direct quote from a Verizon or RIM cooperate officer and includes the article in the post, please do not post these threads anymore.
    04-18-09 01:38 PM
    Dear Moderators...

Can we PLEASE put a moratorium on all "Verizon OS update post" that involve speculation? Until someone downloads an OFFICIAL release from Verizon or reads an article with a direct quote from a Verizon or RIM cooperate officer and includes the article in the post, please do not post these threads anymore.
    the Mods do lock and delete many of these useless threads -- but they keep proliferating -- I think it's hard for them to keep up

would be nice though but I doubt it's really feasible
    04-18-09 01:42 PM
    Like I said, without posts like these and all the other duplicate threads, this forum would be dead
    I dare anyone to find a totally unique on topic thread in the last few days besides the new bell .eze
    Dear Moderators...

04-18-09 01:45 PM
    This coming from a man who has a can of PBR as his aviator and 4:20 in his name. Nice try.
    This from a man who uses the word "aviator" when the correct word is "avatar"......
    04-18-09 01:47 PM
    This from a man who uses the word "aviator" when the correct word is "avatar"......
    ok THAT is too funny!
    04-18-09 01:49 PM
    Like I said, without posts like these and all the other duplicate threads, this forum would be dead
    I dare anyone to find a totally unique on topic thread in the last few days besides the new bell .eze

There is plenty of threads in this section besides the "speculation" threads. These serve no purpose because none are built on any factual information. Nothing is gained from them except flaming of the OP (i do the same on occasion an i will admit it)

I dont mind some duplication, it will happen. People are not even looking on the first page before creating new threads though. I am sure if you look through the main .122 threads you can decide exactly if you want to upgrade to it or a different OS. Instead, every noob posts the question "what should i upgrade too" instead of doing some reading themselves.
    04-18-09 01:52 PM
    *Whistling the theme from Kill Bill*

04-18-09 06:59 PM
    I hope that the tech savvy Verizon rep is right? My sister works for Verizon, and when I asked her when the next official will be released she told me that she doesn't know.

Folks, here we have an honest answer from a VZ employee!
    04-18-09 07:04 PM
    well maybe with the new updates for the other companies verizon will step up with another update. Long over due.
    04-18-09 07:08 PM
    Man im just tired of waiting around for a new update to come. If a new update is to come the first week of May, then good. If not, I wont be anymore disappointed then i already am.
    04-18-09 07:27 PM
    What is the point of a "Tease" if you don't have enuff credibility? This is not the right way to make friends....
    04-18-09 07:30 PM
    Probably the next os update will be around Christmas time.
    04-18-09 07:50 PM
    hahaha.... funniest thing i have heard in, well, a day
    04-18-09 08:11 PM
    Folks, here we have an honest answer from a VZ employee!
    Most people in the verizon stores don't even know that you can upgrade the OS.

04-18-09 09:22 PM
202 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD