Talked to a very blackberry savvy, Verizon official today. He told me the Verizon OS update for the blackberry storm is to come the first week of may. I hope for this information to be true.
    04-17-09 11:00 PM
    Here we go again...
    04-17-09 11:01 PM
    Hurry up and put on your flame retardent suit buddy. These posts dont usually go over too well. As I usually say, until I download it and it's on my phone, I call bullsh*t
    04-17-09 11:02 PM
    I heard them talking about a new update like two weeks ago and it still hasn't come. They keep saying 'any day now' but yet we're still empty handed.
    04-17-09 11:03 PM
    Funny how the 'blackberry savvy' tech probably got his information from here. This thread is worthless.
    04-17-09 11:04 PM
    Talked to a very blackberry savvy, Verizon official today. He told me the Verizon OS update for the blackberry storm is to come the first week of may. I hope for this information to be true.
    Yeah Yeah
    04-17-09 11:05 PM
    Here we go again...
    Oh god lol another hype lol.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-17-09 11:07 PM
    Credibility is shot, OP is confused about what version of the Storm he using or his carrier. I'm assuming phone, it's 9530

Just playing man, hope information is some what accurate. Although I carry the sentiments as others, can't believe it until I see it.
    04-17-09 11:18 PM
    Fairy tales, hear say, speculation, fortune cookie papers, 8-ball results, the local drunk, easter bunny, santa, boogie man, all told me the new Verizon update will be sometime!
    04-17-09 11:20 PM
    with flick-scroll too! oh, and free candy!
    04-17-09 11:27 PM
    I dub thee Pincushion!

04-17-09 11:28 PM
    I hope that the tech savvy Verizon rep is right? My sister works for Verizon, and when I asked her when the next official will be released she told me that she doesn't know.

04-17-09 11:30 PM
    First week of May is, what, about 2 weeks from now? We've certainly never heard that one before.
    04-17-09 11:33 PM
    I think there should be some system built into your membership of this site....

Say you "know a guy" that gives you "insider info" You put said info on a special page on this site and if(when) it doesn't pan out, you get your ability to post suspended for a set period of time (say, until your "inside scoop" actually comes true!)

Bet that would cut down on some of the B.S. that gets thrown on here... Make you rethink how credible your "guy" really is!

On an unrelated note, anyone know when CellularOne is going to update the OS on my Motorola StarTrac? I'm holding out for WiFi on this thing!
    04-17-09 11:34 PM
    To the OP you need one of these suits....

I will spare you all the "lips are moving" joke. I played that one out.
    04-17-09 11:37 PM

At this point, as long as either (a) other carriers continue to release OSes, or (b) OSes continue to leak, I really couldn't care less what Verizon does. I'm over them. I understand that they want to get the "perfect" OS out for their customers, or at least close to it, but they dug the grave they are currently trying to dig themselves out of when they released the Storm months early and with a garbage OS.
    Last edited by Curis; 04-17-09 at 11:48 PM.
    04-17-09 11:39 PM
    I showed my vzw corporate peeps my os .122 and they were upset that mine was newer than the next release they had been playing with.

04-17-09 11:42 PM
    04-17-09 11:55 PM
    Don't be THAT guy...
    04-17-09 11:59 PM
    I showed my vzw corporate peeps my os .122 and they were upset that mine was newer than the next release they had been playing with.

That makes me sad lol

04-17-09 11:59 PM
    Zzzzzzzzzzzzz

04-18-09 12:00 AM
    i heard this in February, March and now April . . . my goodness can we just have a rule that says no posting of "upcoming OS info from guys at Verizon" because in all honesty not alot of them know what they are talking about and they def dont know when the releases are coming until a day or so ahead not weeks
    04-18-09 12:02 AM
    I heard that the new OS will be delivered to me by Jesus. He's gonna come down my chimney with a flying V and a flash drive. Melt my face with a gnarly shred session, and then update my Storm. But that's just what the jerkoff at VZW said. He's high up though. He no longer vacuums the floor before closing.
    04-18-09 12:07 AM
    all these posts are probably guesses so that they can say i told you so if it comes out in two weeks. why is it always 2? try to be original.
    04-18-09 12:39 AM
    Oh god lol another hype lol.

Lol
    10char
    04-18-09 12:51 AM
202 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD