I have just installed the latest software release for BB Storm (4.7.75) but I am still disappointed because I am not able to hover over the icons the same way it displayed on one of the videos from Crackberry that the new OS patch will fix the lag. I still need to gently tap on each of the icons before I can select it. From what it looked like on the video that you can simply slide your finger tip over the icons and it will highlite them as you go. Is there a setting that I need to change to get that type of response? Thanks in advance!
    12-06-08 01:14 AM
    OMG!!! There's like a million posts on this and even in the Blog post with the video. You need to limit the amount of icons on your home screen to just fill one screen 16 icons max. Then you can slide. It's by design. How else would you scroll the screen to see more then 16 icons if all it did was glide as it does with only 16 icons?
    12-06-08 01:21 AM
    is that really that much of a big deal to the fact that you are "disappointed"? It takes no effort on my part to gently place my finger on the icon I want to choose and click. not sure what the whole sliding thing do besides it looks cool
    12-06-08 01:45 AM
    The reason sliding vs. press and click is better is almost the same reason you would use a mouse vs. keyboard shortcuts to perform an action. Makes my life much faster.
    12-06-08 02:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD