BB Nation !!

Guys I purchased the Storm and I'm currently awaiting it's arrival.

However I'm a bit worried because the display model I got to play with was kinda laggy and slow etc.. also the many reports of people just not being satisfied with it don't help either.

My question is: does anyone recall if in the past RIM has addressed similar issues on other phones?

The reason I ask is because if RIM has addressed these types of issues in the past then I have nothing to worry about as they are likely to address the Storm's speed issues too.
    11-25-08 01:18 PM
    the BOLD was not perfect when it was first released too...

also forgot to add...I think if you go in expecting the STORM to have a lag, it is not that bad..if you expect it to be perfect right off the bat...then youre going to be upset...right now I am waiting for the update, but I still LOVE my STORM...and I have had 2 other BBs in the past and I consider myself a heavy user...emails, AIM, etc all day...
    11-25-08 01:25 PM
    My Dare was laggy when I first got it, and they fixed it. Same with the Voyager before. They rush these things to market, but they DO fix them pretty quickly.
    11-25-08 01:30 PM
    Received mine today. So far so good.

looks: absolutely gorgeous
    Email setup - flawless
    Phone Activation - flawless (swtiched from ATT)
    Screen Clicking - so far so good
    Accelerometer - well you know the story (lags).
    Typing - will get better
    message indicators - working ok

I had printed out some of the "tricks and tips" from this site and am using them to change some settings and improve performance.

So far no major complaints.
    11-25-08 01:51 PM
    OP, keep in mind. What you read online are mostly going to be complaints. That's just the way things work, if you have something wrong, you go online to post it and try to find a fix. I'm sure there are more satisfied users than not, they just don't go and post about it because they're probably happy playing with it.

Personally I haven't had any major issues AT ALL that many seem to have: non-clicking screen, extreme lag, screen gaps, maybe I just lucky, who knows. I do notice a bit of lag (not terrible) it's not as fluid as the iPhone but research all the problems the iPhone had when they first launched. I can guarantee you that RIM will release updates that will fix many of the problems that many are experiencing.

The official tips/tricks thread is VERY useful and will make your experience with the Storm a lot more fun and proficient. Enjoy it!
    11-25-08 01:57 PM
    Thanks guys !!

I got the phone today.

I must say it's excellent. And will only get better. People's complaints seemed anal. Now that I have the phone in my hand I'm scratching my head like "damn they made it sound like it didn't work".

My advice is not to base your decision on the display at the store. Make sure you try a cleaner/less abused Storm then make your decision.
    11-25-08 11:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD