Hi Just thought I would share my experience with trying to get my Storm Sync'd with my Macbook pro using Pocket Mac.

The error message I was getting was [11:08:30.872] Unable to connect to BlackBerry (error 1); skipping.

All you need to do is download the USB Driver update here:

//downloads.blackberry.com/swdownloads/DriverUpdate.3.1.3B.dmg?__dlmt__=1230616653_85897d 2255e342b4c57e4e076d0821f9&ext=.dmg

Install and reboot and then open pocketmac and begin your sync.

It's as easy as that!

Anyway it took me a while to find this out so I thought I would just pop it up here for any newbies like myself!

Cheers and Happy New Year!
    12-29-08 07:23 PM
    BTW type in http: before that link to the driver. I couldn't submit the link directly as I have not submitted at least 10 posts yet.
    12-29-08 07:27 PM
    I am having trouble getting that link up?? It says it does not exist....
    01-07-09 09:32 PM
    i downloaded the driver and was able to sync properly with pocketmac. Unfortunately, I exchanged my original storm for a new storm (the screen had a dead spot), and now my mac won't recognize my storm at all. Any idea how to fix this??
    01-08-09 01:10 AM
    I am having trouble getting that link up?? It says it does not exist....
    Hi Sorry it may have been removed from that link since I posted it, just google "DriverUpdate.3.1.3B.dmg" and you should find a few sources where you can download it.

Cheers
    01-17-09 04:53 AM
    i downloaded the driver and was able to sync properly with pocketmac. Unfortunately, I exchanged my original storm for a new storm (the screen had a dead spot), and now my mac won't recognize my storm at all. Any idea how to fix this??
    What error message is pocketmac giving you?
    01-17-09 04:55 AM
    I have tried this and installed the update 2 times now and still get the same error as you but different numbers each time I try to sync.
    01-17-09 10:34 AM
    I have tried this and installed the update 2 times now and still get the same error as you but different numbers each time I try to sync.
    mm ok strange...do you have mass storage turned on on your bb? Can only give advice on my own experiences sorry, but check that you have mass storage mode turned on, that with a working usb cable and the driver update patch should work, Ah Also I'm using pocketmanager 1.2 (1.4) if that helps...
    01-17-09 04:12 PM
    oh and make sure you reboot your mac after you have installed the update..
    01-17-09 04:13 PM
    yes I have that version of PocketMac SyncManager and I also get both drives when I plug it in and mass storage is turned on.
    I did reboot after the update. (I installed Pocketmac, then ran the update, then rebooted)
    01-18-09 08:12 AM
    I was having the same problem.

Make sure your media card is on - options, memory, Auto Enable box is 'YES'.

Then
    1. Please disconnect your BlackBerry if it's connected.

2. Download the Driver Update here: BlackBerry Driver Update.

3. Locate the download DriverUpdate.3.1.3B.dmg, open the Disk Image.

4. When the BlackBerry screen appears on your screen, please open BlackBerry Driver (3.1.3B). Click Open, if applicable.

5. Enter your Apple User Account Password. Click Continue, Agree, Continue, and, finally Install button.

6. Please enter your password, then install the driver to the "MacintoshHD" destination.

7. After the install has completed, you will be prompted to restart your Macintosh, please restart.

8. After the restart has completed, please launch PocketMac SyncManager (green circular icon). Plug-in your BlackBerry handheld.

9. Click the green sync button within PocketMac SyncManager, one time. This will begin the synchronization session.

Sorry for the long winded answer but can't post and url yet

Matt
    01-19-09 01:21 PM
    I have a new MBP and once I installed the latest USB drivers mentioned in this thread, I have been able to sync okay. It's not perfect, but it works most of the time.

A sorry work around is to install XP Pro SP2 in Boot Camp and buy and install VMware Fusion and once you install BB Desktop Manager 4.7 you can have all the sync, upgrade functions within the Mac OSX.
    01-19-09 01:34 PM
    Thank you for taking the time for that detailed install

But I did install it that way and also tried again with no luck, the software can not find the phone, it does work in boot camp xp but I want it to sync to my mac I am running OS X 10.5.6 all updates (intel mac pro) if that helps?

note: VM boot camp is not running when I try this program
    01-19-09 06:25 PM
    I have finally found my problem, You have to uninstall Media Sync!!
    Once I did that Pocketmac worked fine!!
    Blackberry needs to do major work on their mac apps!!!

Thanks to all!!
    01-24-09 07:50 AM
    I have finally found my problem, You have to uninstall Media Sync!!
    Once I did that Pocketmac worked fine!!
    Blackberry needs to do major work on their mac apps!!!

Thanks to all!!

O.K. that's one thing I haven't done to get this darn thing to work. I've tried everything, new driver, enabled mass storage, etc.

i'll try it.....
    01-25-09 11:07 AM
    Tried it........no go.

I'm sad and envious of those who are able to sync.
    01-25-09 12:19 PM
    I am having exactly the same problem and have done all the steps above with absolutely no joy whatsoever. It's almost like the driver hasn't even installed
    01-25-09 01:24 PM
    I have been searching for a solution for this sync problem for days now, I did the driver update and everything...and still cant sync....anyone figure it out yet?
    01-26-09 02:48 AM
    "now my mac won't recognize my storm at all. Any idea how to fix this??"

you have to go to options -> memory -> auto enable mass storage mode when connected -> yes

also make sure mass storage mode support is on in the same memory menu

this should allow you to connect to a mac (i currently use one myself and this is what works for me)

-andy
    01-26-09 03:05 AM
    I also have an Apple (iMac) and just purchased the Storm. Found the PocketMac upgrade and upgraded driver and downloaded both. My computer still won't synch with the phone -- I just keep getting the same message -- error 1, skipping, synch failed. I'm pretty close to taking the Storm in and exchanging for an iPhone. Any further ideas to get the Storm to synch?
    01-26-09 07:53 AM
    Mine was at least connecting for a while. Now it's back to the skipping message.

I've uninstalled and installed. I've messed with mass memory menu, and the MTP. What are the exact setting for both?
    01-26-09 10:23 AM
    I have now got mine connecting. What i did was i downloaded the Media sync Ap again as when I had deleted it previously I had just dragged the icon into the trash and not uninstalled it via the uninstall icon (because stupidly the uninstall icon does not install along with the ap icon incase you want to uninstall it later.
    Anyway once I uninstalled MS correctly then reinstalled the pocketmac and the new driver again it connected fine.
    What I did notice when it was properly connected that the Blackberry doesn't show up on the desktop just the media card icon
    01-26-09 12:31 PM
    I have now got mine connecting. What i did was i downloaded the Media sync Ap again as when I had deleted it previously I had just dragged the icon into the trash and not uninstalled it via the uninstall icon (because stupidly the uninstall icon does not install along with the ap icon incase you want to uninstall it later.
    Anyway once I uninstalled MS correctly then reinstalled the pocketmac and the new driver again it connected fine.
    What I did notice when it was properly connected that the Blackberry doesn't show up on the desktop just the media card icon
    How did you uninstall Media Sync besides dragging it to the trash? I did not have an uninstall icon for Media Sync but I do for Pocketmac.
    01-27-09 05:21 PM
    After all this I still cant get my Storm to sync with Pocketmac!!!!
    Im running a Powerbook G4 10.5.6 and have followed everybody's advice to the T, but nothing. I dont have a mac addy, would it help if i had one?
    02-04-09 07:36 AM
    After all this I still cant get my Storm to sync with Pocketmac!!!!
    Im running a Powerbook G4 10.5.6 and have followed everybody's advice to the T, but nothing. I dont have a mac addy, would it help if i had one?
    Running on AT & T cant get it to sync, also I can't seem to find the download for the above mentioned update... what gives?
    02-04-09 02:36 PM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD