So i've used the search feature and no one else seemed to have this exact problem so i'm hoping its an issue with my device. I just got it for christmas and had it outside with me in the cold these past few days. And what seems to happen is that the screen quits clicking when the device is cold at all.

I can't think of any other reason the screen won't click occasionally as it seems to happen when it gets cold.

Logically speaking, if the screen is sitting on a metal plate it makes sense that the plate would contract when cold not allowing any clicking.

Another thing that might be the issue, my screen won't click on the upper left part of the screen (in portrait). I fixed it by loosening those 2 screws on the back of the phone which has made it click 1000 times better. I think I may send it back for a new one just for that reason but maybe would want a different phone if this cold weather thing is going to be an issue since i live in colorado. That is the only other thing i could think causing the phone to not click sometimes.

Anyone else had this issue? Know a fix?
    If no one else has would anyone be willing to go stick their phone in the freezer for maybe 15-20 sec. and report back?
    01-07-09 11:49 PM
    I had that exact same problem...multiplied exponentially.

See... I had to have my first phone replaced due to a loose "End" key. Replacement was perfect-EXCEPT there was a chip out of the screen when I pulled it out of the package. Both clicked GREAT though, hot cold or otherwise.

3rd phone...PERFECT IN EVERY WAY!. Until, of course, I pulled it out of my coat pocket on a blustery Ohio day. No click at all! So, naturally I was confused, and tried pressing all around the edges to see if I was just imagining the frozen (pun intended) screen. What happens? The bottom left corner of the screen SHATTERED!!!

So, long story short, I got a replacement sent out because of the shattered screen and decreasing 'clickiness.' That would seem to be the only solution to the problem...but-

Don't be like me...according to the Floor Manager at the Verizon store, I apparently should have brought it in to be looked at IMMEDIATELY, once my screen started freezing up, not 10 seconds later when it shattered. Because, according to him, trying to "test" the screen click function (which worked fine up until that point) is apparently "purposefully being too rough with such a delicate piece of machinery."
    01-08-09 12:11 AM
    Yeah so i guess i'll just have to pray my next one will work better in the cold... Does anyone know if i ask for a replacement will they send me the new one before i send this back or will they make me send mine back before sending a new one?
    01-08-09 12:28 AM
    They send you one with a return label in the box for you to send the old one back.
    01-08-09 12:29 AM
    Sweet thats what i was hoping for... Had to be without an xbox for almost a month when i got that replaced...

No way could i go that long with a phone/webbrowser/golfgps/navigation plus i didn't have a physical addiction to xbox... I've never heard of crackbox.com..
    01-08-09 12:32 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD