02-25-09 01:13 PM
28 12
tools
    Does Anyone Knows Why The Storm Keeps Reseting Itself??
    I Downloaded The Latest Version Of The Os .86 And It Still Does It.......
    Any Help Is Greatly Appreciated.
    01-13-09 07:46 PM
    Get a replacement.
    01-13-09 07:51 PM
    He's right; You need a new one.
    01-13-09 07:56 PM
    How often does it reset? try reinstalling .86 Did it just start when you upgraded or has it been doing this for a while?
    01-13-09 07:57 PM
    A replacement is typically what you need in a situation like this

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-13-09 08:49 PM
    User error. Naw just playing.
    01-13-09 08:53 PM
    Does anyone out there no why my Storm just shuts itself off ??
    About 3 or 4 times a day, I wonder why I'm not getting any calls...I push the screen to check it and find that the phone is off !! Sometimes when I have an incoming call or text, I pull it out of the holster and it also just shuts off immediately !! Is anyone experiencing this or know how to remedy ?? Besides smashing it against the wall !!!!!
    01-13-09 09:29 PM
    Everyone here keeps saying get a new one.

Mine does it, too. Sometimes a simple reset. Sometimes a crash without resetting. Usually no error message. Usually when I'm nowhere near it.

I don't want to return it and get a refurb. And my screen is a joy to type on and I don't want to lose it. But I'm at 2 resets and a crash today.
    01-13-09 09:33 PM
    I wouldn't return it just yet as some are recommending. First try removing all 3rd party apps first and see if it still resets. And do a process of elimination from there.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-13-09 10:42 PM
    I dont know if I will be able to get a replacement since I purchased it from ebay and then unlocked it. I dont have my service with Verizon....... is there any other options????
    I finally got everything to work and Im loving this phone but the reseting of the phone is killing me...... it did it since the beginning..... did it with OS .65, .75 and .86
    01-15-09 04:59 PM
    Mine too. I just started getting App Error 200. Battery pull won't fix it. Any tech's have any fix ideas????: mad:
    01-15-09 07:24 PM
    I get no app errors but after troubleshooting with Verizon the last 2 days and removing 3rd party apps and completely stripping the phone it still rebooted so they said they are sending another phone. They had no clue why but are aware some phones are doing this.
    01-15-09 09:40 PM
    I had same issue with .86 someone told me to reinstall didn't help but then I removed it from pc and reinstalled it there then to phone and it's worked fine since, I'm not a tech but it worked for me. Good Luck
    01-15-09 09:43 PM
    Yep, sounds like you need a new device.
    01-15-09 10:17 PM
    One of my replacements came out of the box like that (on .75). I updated to .85, rolled back to .75, wiped, etc - no luck. Every time the screen went off, it would shut off. Replaced it again.
    01-16-09 12:30 AM
    So no one on here knows why the phone resets? Its pissing me off because Im missing calls; the worst being that I get no notification of a missed call. I am running on .75 and the phone resets at least once a day. It just did it again, which prompted me to make this post!
    01-20-09 12:47 PM
    I had the resetting problem when i was on .75. Usually only happened when I was at home (with poor reception). When I installed .85 I did a complete wipe of my phone before installing, and I haven't had a problem with my phone resetting since. So maybe try wiping your phone with jl_cmder?
    01-20-09 01:25 PM
    I had the same problem yesterday after I reloaded my OS. i was getting a JVM523 error with a white screen just before the reboot. I had to wipe/reload the os 3 times before the rebooting stopped. the quick easy way is to get a new one tho.
    01-20-09 01:32 PM
    That happened to me today twice, first time ever though, once while in my pocket, and the other while i was loading up BOLT in school, whilst I lost reception...
    01-20-09 03:46 PM
    Mine shuts off at least 5 times a day.
    I'll pull it from the holster to find out it's been off for who knows how long !!!!!
    I read a post on another site that said to remove the SIM card. I've been running for 2 days without SIM and the phone has only shut off twice.
    What good is this phone without a SIM card ?????????
    You guys are saying "resetting" don't you mean shutting off ?? By "reset" I would think that it turns itself back on. Mine doesn't come back on until I turn it on.
    Someone please help.
    My next post will be a picture (taken with a good old flip phone) of my Storm laying out in the driveway with tire tracks on it !!!!!!
    01-28-09 11:43 PM
    Replace it. Like you, I thought it was a software problem at first. I tried all the tricks like pulling the Sim card, periodic battery pulls, and even a complete wipe. But the number of resets I am seeing keeps increasing, even after the wipe. Today my phone reset no fewer than 20 times. I'm losing calls, messages, etc, and it's all I can do to restrain myself from pitching the thing out the window.

Tomorrow, its replacement will arrive and at this point I don't care whether it's a refurb or not--it had just better WORK.
    01-28-09 11:51 PM
    i had the exact same problem with my first bb storm. Its a very simple fix...you need a new one. i got my relplacement and it hasnt done it once.
    01-29-09 01:42 AM
    Thanks guys.
    I won't smash it just yet !!
    I didn't want to get a new one, but at this point I'll take my chances.
    I'll post whether it's better or not.
    01-31-09 10:00 PM
    welcome to the club.. imagine how people feel if this is their first blackberry and got the storm only because the hype... DISSAPOINTED!!
    01-31-09 10:04 PM
    Yeah for my first BB i hated it Until i got my replacement
    01-31-09 10:08 PM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD