The cop just had Storm-envy!!!!!!
    Networth was right "Storm Envy" explains it all.
    12-23-08 03:27 PM
    There is def something missing in the story, if everyone was arrested for simply being 'intoxicated or drunk' a majority of manhattan would be arrested every weekend(including myself) as they exited venues and searched for taxis. Seems like a inconsistent law, but the OP must have attracted attention somehow.

When/how did the officer deduce you were drunk?

I totally agree. Anyone walking in downtown annapolis in MD could be arrested at 2am on Thursday, Friday or Sat night. Including myself a few times. If your causing trouble then I can see it. Other then that, there should be no reason if your just walking.
    12-23-08 03:41 PM
    Hahahaha, well put JRSC...
    12-23-08 04:00 PM
    I trust the average policeman more than I trust a guy that stumbles out of a bar in the early morning that doesn't know how to control how much he drinks.

Think about it.
    now now. who says those that stumble out of bars do so because they cant control how much they drink. I can control how much I drink and I can tell you if im drunk its no accident and quite intentional.
    12-23-08 05:07 PM
    The moral of the story... drink less, charge more.
    12-23-08 05:14 PM
    public intoxication is a crime? seriously?

college campuses would be empty places if this were true
    12-23-08 05:22 PM
    True Story -- I had my Storm charging all day and come 8pm I took it off the charger and headed out for my friends bachelor party. by 1200 was too wasted to continue so I went outside of the bar and pulled out my Storm to call a cab and my battery was already dead! Thought I'd walk down to the 7-11 and use the pay phone and on my way was arrested for PI. Cop said I could use my phone to call a friend to come get me...but of course it was still dead.

Oh well still love the thing
    Oh pal that absolutely sux!! He certainly should have cut you some slack since your battery was dead! Hope it turns out ok
    12-23-08 05:25 PM
    public intoxication is a crime? seriously?

college campuses would be empty places if this were true
    Yes it is and many college campuses are now dry because of it. Of course bars around campus are not
    12-23-08 05:26 PM
    That sucks! You would think he would of cut you some slack. Atleast you weren't drinking and driving!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-23-08 05:26 PM
    ***Ding, ding, ding****

Correct. I love how people blame everyone but themselves these days. I alos suspect there is more to the story we're not hearing that caused the police to arrest you. Nevertheless, it is YOUR job to control yourself.

The victim society lives on, apparently.
    I trust the average policeman more than I trust a guy that stumbles out of a bar in the early morning that doesn't know how to control how much he drinks.

Think about it.
    Why you gotta hate??
    12-23-08 05:31 PM
    Good thing you didn't get mad and throw your Storm.... I have heard of people doing strange things under the influence....
    12-23-08 05:35 PM
    That sucks! You would think he would of cut you some slack. Atleast you weren't drinking and driving!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Aw c'mon officer, I was just assaulting the guy, cut me some slack! At least I wasn't murdering him!
    12-23-08 05:47 PM
62 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD