Well, I got the phone today via FedEx, had initial issues with setting up email because the setup wizard wasn't there. Went outside, and about 5 minutes into the car ride the magically appeared (it had to find the network) so... not a problem per se.

Now, for some reason I received three calls, they could hear me but I couldn't hear them. I had to take the battery out to reset it and it worked (problem hasn't repeated just yet).

I had to take out the battery when trying to access visual voice mail as well because it froze.

I'm scared about this phone, I have high expectations from blackberry and thus far I must say I'm not super impressed. The functions that do work are great -- and I know with any huge phone release there are bound to be issues, I just hope they get worked out fast. If things continue this way, I just might bring it back and get the BB world edition or curve. I've been with verizon a long time, and I must say this is the first not so great experience I've had with them. I really hope this phone gets fixed though, I really want it to work.
    11-25-08 04:40 PM
    Also received mine today and (knock on wood) no problems thus far. Have everything set up: 4 emails, visual voicemail, distinctive rings, synced everything from my outlook etc etc

So far I'm loving it, even getting the typing down pretty fast.

Hope your experience improves.
    11-25-08 04:43 PM
    Both of you please check the back of your phone for a speaker grille. There's a couple of users already missing theirs... factory assembly defect. Here is the link to the thread... http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/speaker-grille-102777/
    11-25-08 04:45 PM
    Just fooling around Best of luck with your phone...and know that you will end up with a great product from BB!

I'm scared about this team, I have high expectations from Miami Dolphins and thus far I must say I'm not super impressed. The functions that do work are great -- and I know with any huge player release there are bound to be issues, I just hope they get worked out fast. If things continue this way, I just might become a Patriots fan. I've been with the Phins a long time, and I must say this is the first not so great experience I've had with them. I really hope this team gets fixed though, I really want them to win.
    11-25-08 04:54 PM
    had the very same phone issue, i could hear people but they wouldn't hear me.. battery pull fixed it, haven't had it since then but every now and then i stumble upon various other problems.. anybody ever had a screen filled with millions of colorful pixels? Appears to happen when the graphic accelerator is overstrained, for instance it happens to me usually when I try 'n do a lot of stuff almost simultaneously. Also the phone app gets really sluggish when started from landscape mode and crashes respectively sometimes... like last time, I talked to someone on aim typing in landscape mode when a call came in, i had to press green twice to accept it and then everything was messed up,half the aim screen, half phone eventually got stuck until i pressed everything away with red. It's a love-hate relationship yet i have 5 days to finally contemplate whether to keep it or not. I foremostly like its heavy high-quality/grade feel, the brushed metal battery-door... if only the bold's bezel was like that and not all plastic. Also the nice cold touch of the screen but on the other hand, i despise all its flaws which really drive me nuts. I might return it for its own sake, get another one when they finally get all the bugs out or even release one with WiFi which is to me by far a huge disadvantage. If it had WiFi i swear I'd keep it no matter what.

// Another great thing it could have: an iphone like protrait qwerty to select... i hate suretype and t9 and get tired of tilting my storm everytime I wanna type something.
    Last edited by Fana05; 11-25-08 at 05:00 PM.
    11-25-08 04:56 PM
    Both of you please check the back of your phone for a speaker grille. There's a couple of users already missing theirs... factory assembly defect. Here is the link to the thread... http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/speaker-grille-102777/
    Nope, all intact.
    11-25-08 04:58 PM
    Also received mine today and (knock on wood) no problems thus far. Have everything set up: 4 emails, visual voicemail, distinctive rings, synced everything from my outlook etc etc

So far I'm loving it, even getting the typing down pretty fast.

Hope your experience improves.
    I cant get mine to sync with outlook for some reason. It gives an error. Are there special settings i need to setup?
    11-25-08 05:04 PM
    Tho this might be slightly off-topic but reading all those threads defying storm-related criticism; this is what i wanna get of my chest: All you kids who are full of baloney, there is no way you are not experiencing any problems or your phone's awesomely treating you better than others. You're running the very same OS version like us!!!!! You have to concede that there are still major flaws, be it softwarewise and fixable - yet the current Storm is not very reliable and furthermore: face it, this might be your first blackberry and you haven't had one before - hence you don't have any idea what it's like using a blackberry for business purposes which - afaik - were they originally designed for. The storm is nice for entertainment, but fairly useless for serious matters except its still great email capability
    11-25-08 05:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD