I'd like to know if a blackberry storm can be used on boost mobile if the blackberry unlimited plan for boost uses CDMA not iDEN. I know that the blackberry for boost uses CDMA because it doest have walkie talkie and on the boost site it says it uses the CDMA servers or whatever you call them. I've been looking at a lot of forums and such and no one has asked this question. I have my storm still after I got out of Verizon's plan and now I'm on the boost bb plan and I really miss my storm. So if someone has the answer to this question please let me know.
    04-27-10 01:43 AM
    forums.crackberry.com/f86/can-i-use-storm-boost-mobile-291016/

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-27-10 02:00 AM
    ive read that thread but they dont say anything about the boost bb plan and how it works on the CDMA there just saying its boost is only on the iDEN which isnt the case if boost offers the CDMA because of the bb plan and other phone that run off of the CDMA. So im thinking that since the storm needs the CDMA to run that boost can now accually take a unlocked storm because it does in fact uses CDMA and it can get everything that a blackberry gets including email data txt and call since thats all included in the boost plan. Thats what im trying to figure out.
    04-27-10 02:18 AM
    No it wont work. The unlocked storm will only unlock the GSM technology and Boost uses IDEN. Yes, IDEN and GSM technology are different. On the CDMA side, the storm is lock only to Verizon and not Sprint/Boost so it is a no go.

Just go to Page Plus if around your area, it's a pay as you go provider and uses Verizon towers. You could use the storm on there but no blackberry plan. You will still get talk, text, web.
    04-27-10 03:02 AM
    No it wont work. The unlocked storm will only unlock the GSM technology and Boost uses IDEN. Yes, IDEN and GSM technology are different. On the CDMA side, the storm is lock only to Verizon and not Sprint/Boost so it is a no go.
    That's no longer true. Boost also uses CDMA:
    Boost Mobile Coverage Map | Boost Mobile
    Their blackberry offering, BlackBerry® Curve™ 8330, it is a CDMA device. If anyone finds a way to make the Storm working with Boost, I will switch in a heart beat!
    Last edited by haris163; 04-28-10 at 11:56 AM.
    04-28-10 10:32 AM
    I noticed that, they changed it from 8350i to 8330.

Does this mean a regular 8330 can work, or just theirs? I don't want to pay $250 for a 3 year old phone.
    04-28-10 11:05 AM
    Don't buy a plan with a phone, just get the plan and use your storm.
    04-28-10 03:07 PM
    Will the storm work on their network? 3G and all?

I'll pay the ETF right now.
    04-29-10 06:49 PM
    Interesting

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-29-10 06:53 PM
    Yes, it works on boost. I'm currently using the modified service books from howard forums on the basic/non-BIS plan (50$ unlimited everything). I got in on the online ESN transfer bug before it was closed.

The only way to do it now is through illegal methods(MEID/ESN swapping).

Sorry you were late on this one.
    05-02-10 06:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD