Is anyone in that same boat as me ... i just purchased my BB storm from Verizon for $200 to now see the storm on sale on Amazon for $99. Does anyone know if Verizon will match this deal?
    02-13-09 10:39 PM
    probably not, but you can try and ask... VZW has a no price match policy. Both Entities purchased the phones from rim separately and have chosen the subsidy. I also believe like other authorized dealers... if you cancel your contract early, you'll pay two etf's. One from VZW and the other through Amazon. I paid $250(no rebate) for mine if it makes you feel any better.
    02-13-09 11:31 PM
    What if Im still within the 30 days?
    02-13-09 11:39 PM
    Did you read the fine print on it? It's only for New Verizon customers and if you miss a payment, you get a 250 dollar charge on your account. No thanks. I couldn't have got it because I just ended a 2 year contract with Verizon. I'm satisfied with paying 149 for it.
    02-14-09 12:07 AM
    I paid $530 for mine if that makes you feel better. lol. Not to mention the 3 I bought on ebay brand new for resale way later on
    02-14-09 12:35 AM
    I paid $530 for mine if that makes you feel better. lol. Not to mention the 3 I bought on ebay brand new for resale way later on
    ok i have to ask: why four storms???
    02-14-09 12:44 AM
    I'm having a problem finding this on Amazon for $99...do you have the link? I only see the one for like, $500+! If I can get this for $99, I'm jumping on it!
    02-22-09 07:43 PM
    I'm having a problem finding this on Amazon for $99...do you have the link? I only see the one for like, $500+! If I can get this for $99, I'm jumping on it!
    Amazon.com: BlackBerry Storm 9530 Phone, Black (Verizon Wireless): Cell Phones & Service

I'll re-sound the warning here. I've been in the wireless industry a long time and an Amazon customer a long time also. Amazon is the very last place I'd purchase my phone service. Too many hidden fees for ridiculous infractions that you won't get at a corporate store.(i.e. $250 if you change your plan within the first 6 months)

For the earlier poster that claimed a no price match policy at VZW, that's not true. It's up to management at that particular store.

This offer is absolutely for brand new VZW lines only. No upgrades for this price unless you have an NE2 credit for $100 and go get it at a corporate store.
    Last edited by jpgrbdylan; 02-22-09 at 07:59 PM. Reason: Repairing link-now it works
    02-22-09 07:56 PM
    This is typically the case with new products. When there's a buzz for their release (and huge demand), prices will be heftier. ****, the first microwave ovens were well over $1000.

It applies to almost anything, whether it be gaming consoles or even the iPhone. Remember the 'outrage' from customers when it dropped $200?

I wanted the Storm the day it was released, knowing full well I'd pay more then, then if I waited 6 months.

Supply and demand.
    02-22-09 08:08 PM
    I will be honest, if I never got mine for $0 from a retention offer, it would have been at least another year before I would have broke down and bought one.

Supply and demand always. The prices will always go down for a product that becomes less in demand/more people have it in their hands.
    02-22-09 08:14 PM
    Did you read the fine print on it? It's only for New Verizon customers and if you miss a payment, you get a 250 dollar charge on your account. No thanks. I couldn't have got it because I just ended a 2 year contract with Verizon. I'm satisfied with paying 149 for it.
    I did the Amazon thing for a Razr V9 on AT&T, and got it for $.01! All i had to do was agree to renew my contract for two years. And yes if i defaulted or downgraded service within 6mo there would b a $250 charge. Dont know if it would work differently for u if u returned the Storm within 30 days and then tried to purchase through Amazon? You can call Amazon and ask if ur eligible?
    02-22-09 08:18 PM
    Same thing on Wirefly.
    02-22-09 08:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD