in july alltel will be carrying out the bb storm. does anyone have this phone with verizon already? if you do, how do you like it? I have been looking into this phone since the salelady at my local alltell store told me about it. I have an HTC touch and enjoy the touch screen, and pretty much everything but the battery life. According to the saleslady, which has a bb curve, she said she's gonna wait for the storm and get it, she is thrilled about it. I was talking to her today and a verizon customer came in for something, in my area verizon is very limited and the only thing that is offered is tech service, anyway, she said the verizon customer came in and let her see his storm and it was freaking awesome. i know i will switch to a bb, but i am holding off cause i don't want to get 1 phone and decide i would much rather have another and be tied to a 2 year contract. any info will be helpful!!!!!
    04-14-09 11:48 AM
    Just do a forum search for reviews of the blackberry storm. There a many threads that examine the pros and cons of Storm ownership.
    04-14-09 11:51 AM
    I liked my HTC Touch because I felt it was a very good phone after coming from the Motorola Q. It was sometimes buggy but I was happy with it. I have since gotten a Storm through Verizon Wireless and let me say that I really like it a lot. It has some minor issues but nothing worse than Windows Mobile 6.1 had on the HTC Touch. The Storm is a much better phone overall. I can't wait for the O/S update "someday" to improve it that much more. I'm still on .75 and waiting patiently.
    04-14-09 01:10 PM
    Didn't verizon buy AllTel?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-14-09 01:45 PM
    Didn't verizon buy AllTel?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    No, they are renting Alltel for the weekend like a summer cottage
    04-14-09 01:59 PM
    Yeah they did buy Alltel but my understanding is that some of the Alltel stores in more remote areas will remain Alltel for the time being.
    04-14-09 02:25 PM
    By mid July, most of Alltel will be changed over to Verizon. This includes the stores and customers. I wonder if the store the OP went in will soon be a VZW and therefore carrying VZW phones.

There are some areas of the country that will remain Alltel for now. It's being held in trust until a buyer is found. The FCC sd VZW couldn't buy all of it.
    04-14-09 10:12 PM
    By mid July, most of Alltel will be changed over to Verizon. This includes the stores and customers. I wonder if the store the OP went in will soon be a VZW and therefore carrying VZW phones.

There are some areas of the country that will remain Alltel for now. It's being held in trust until a buyer is found. The FCC sd VZW couldn't buy all of it.
    Does anyone happen to know which areas will remain Alltel? The FAQ on Verizon's site said that Alltel customers who are in markets that will be integrated will receive letters saying they will become Verizon customers. People I know that have Alltel haven't received this letter, and neither have I, but several retail stores in my area now show Verizon and Alltel. So we are unsure if it's changing in our area or not.
    05-19-09 01:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD