Installed the new official .148 update on Sunday and have been having battery drain issues ever since. Charged the phone all night and woke up to an 80% battery, plugged it back in for about an hour and it was then at 50% battery after charging for an hour!

I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced this since the official update (if there's already a thread about this, sorry) or if it is just a coincidence and I need a new battery. I'm charging it again and I'll prob take it to the Verizon store later today anyway and see if I can get a new battery off them if the charge doesn't stick.

Thanks for the help!
    06-02-09 11:30 AM
    Same type of issue here. Mine charged to full over night but the phone died in about 4 hours. what is you mobile netork set to? make sure it is at 1xEV, that may have been the problem with mine.
    06-02-09 11:43 AM
    So your battery was draining even while on the charger? If so, do a batt pull and see if it continues. Are you charging via a computer's USB port? Are you using a non-OEM charger? Something might also be corrupt in your install. I've seen any of these cause that issue but it's rarely hardware. Your battery is probably fine since you said you didn't have the issue pre .148
    06-02-09 11:48 AM
    Try re-installing .148. Maybe something went wrong during the installation. My battery life is great and that is with heavy usage. I could be a 3rd party app that is draining the phone's battery also.
    06-02-09 11:55 AM
    06-02-09 12:15 PM
    Thanks for the help, guys!

I read some of the other posts that crackberryfan linked to and found a lot of people experiencing all sorts of issues, but there are so many different solutions, I don't know what to think! haha

I charged the phone for about three hours and the battery level did not move at all, still at 50%. There are no apps running in the background and I haven't sent any texts or e-mails today, no calls, just used the browser for about 10 minutes. Definitely not enough to warrant this much drain.
    06-02-09 01:56 PM
    i still get about 2.5-3% hour drain on mine. about 1.5 days on a full charge
    06-02-09 01:59 PM
    I'm charging it now with the USB cable and it's starting to come back. Interesting. Perhaps some of the stuff I read is true and it just takes a few days to cycle into the new OS (although that seems strange)
    06-02-09 03:00 PM
    I had the same issue after the .141 leak, and I uninstalled weatherbug and then reinstalled a newer version of weatherbug and the battery drain went away.
    06-02-09 03:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD