Hello guys

My BB Storm 9530 gives me all kinds of problems lately and every problem is a major one !

I do not know whether they are related or not but will explain them :

1-I was having that stupid red light thing when the phone just wouldn't start and instead the ligh is solid red for few seconds then no lights for few seconds and so on, several battery pulls would fix the problem for a while but it would do the same thing after few weeks

2-Yesterday it did the same thing but trying battery pull didn't solve the problem and I tried everything and even several device wipes with JL_Cmder which resulted in somehow operational status!

3-After that OS 5.0 (.328) would not complete installation because device would not initialize in DM

4-I somehow (after hours of tries) installed OS 4.7 which would make the phone start after some battery pulls !

5-I insisted on installing OS 5.0 and somehow succeded with version 5.0 (.419)

6-During my attempts I got several error messageslike error 507 (Maybe because of device wipe but I got it even without wiping !) and error 200 "reset" !

7-The phone is running now EXCEPT for 2 **bleep** problems :

A-Green "call" button is not working at all (With OS 4.7 or OS 5.0)

B-When I power off the phone with the "Power Off" icon, it would NEVER power up again with the red "call end" button !

Instead, it would do nothing untill I pull off the battery and re-insert it which would bring the red light again for a few seconds and the very slow startup-after-a-battery-pull-with-loading-apps procedure !

I feel very mad

What should I do ?
    09-13-10 12:28 PM
    I am by no means an expert about this phone, but I fought with mine as much as you seem to be. Off the top of my head, most of those symptoms send a battery red flag up in my mind.

I found in the end that my wall charger was not really charging the battery even though at first it said it was and then I would go away and leave it. I started using the USB port on the computer to charge it. Just plug it in and leave it for a while, a few hours and see what happens.

If you can keep it running long enough, and can spring for 5.00, get MeterBerry 2.5 from the store on this web site. It can tell you a lot about what is going on with ur battery.

Another thing that I learned to do was hit the Menu key and see what programs were running. Hold down the Menu button until the Switch application bar comes up. If you have more than four icons close the programs one at a time by hitting, say Facebook, then Menu, then exit or stop. The only programs I had running in the end were Messages, Home, Browser and Phone.
    09-14-10 05:32 AM
    buy a new phone
    09-14-10 05:55 AM
    I would try wiping the entire phone and then reloading the software. You may have some files that aren't playing nicely together. Just start fresh.
    09-15-10 11:59 AM
    I would try wiping the entire phone and then reloading the software. You may have some files that aren't playing nicely together. Just start fresh.
    Agreed, strip the phone, remove all 3rd party apps and themes, start with a fresh OS (419? or something thats rated well here, 591, 797) then run it for a few days naked and see if you still have any troubles. Also, I would try to load your OS with apploader and not with DM, in case DM is whats causing some of your issues.
    09-15-10 12:07 PM
    remove everything and restore..back up
    09-21-10 08:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD