Because of all the flaws of the Storm, does anyone think RIM is working on a new touch screen or a new storm in general?
    02-13-09 05:54 PM
    What flaws?!??!
    02-13-09 05:55 PM
    Because of all the flaws of the Storm, does anyone think RIM is working on a new touch screen or a new storm in general?
    No flaws, just kinks.

Software will be fixed over time. Hardware is fine.
    02-13-09 05:57 PM
    What flaws?!??!
    The OS? But they can always be changed. And CX said (I think he was talking about the Storm) that not even about 25% of all the OS have leaked out yet.
    02-13-09 05:58 PM
    I hope they are working on another one�.. There are some aspects of the hardware that could be improved... for example the gap around the screen or the flimsy buttons. I think the os will be improved before the second storm

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-13-09 06:29 PM
    Personally, and this is just my opinion, but I think that when the 3G/wi-fi Storm comes out, we'll see some minor tweaks to the hardware. Maybe faster processor or better build on the touchscreen. I just have a feeling there will be little under the hoods changes.

I've been using a Storm for a week now and sad to say I think I'm going back to my Bold for awhile. At least until I see the OS updated to something that really rocks. I know it's coming and will take some time (just like the OS for the Bold did). Then I'll try the Storm again. I really do like the phone but it needs more speed to it.
    02-13-09 06:36 PM
    Well the leaked OSs have been pretty encouraging. Considering the Storm had only been out for three months I'm remaining hopeful that things will continue to improve.
    02-13-09 07:26 PM
    There's always the rumor of the Storm Slider for European networks...
    02-13-09 07:55 PM
    ? Allow me to laugh. The phone is not even 3 months old ... and as of right now the only flaws exist in the software which with time can be worked out and it shows with the leaked OS versions.
    02-13-09 08:15 PM
    The hardware I believe is very good on the storm. It's only the OS that needs work and RIM seems to be doIng just that.

02-13-09 08:17 PM
    I'll be with this one (which I love) until I'm eligible for my next upgrade lol
    02-13-09 08:17 PM
    Without a doubt RIM is working on another product to either upgrade or replace the Storm. It can be taken as a matter of faith that even before the public release of a product work is started on the "next generation" product: This is an issue of corporate survival.

I have no idea what that product is, and you can almost be sure that those who claim to know don't know, and those who do know can't say.
    02-13-09 08:21 PM
    I Do Not Believe That We Have Even Begun To See What This Phone Is Capable Of And I Really Hope That Rim Steps Up To Bat Already And Puts Out A Os That Stops Others From Wondering What The Storm 2 Will Offer.
    02-13-09 08:25 PM
    The OS? But they can always be changed. And CX said (I think he was talking about the Storm) that not even about 25% of all the OS have leaked out yet.
    Not that I doubt CX, but where does he get this knowledge? Internal information, wishful thinking, or reasonable reasoning?
    02-13-09 08:59 PM
    I love just about everything about my storm, the OS is coming along nicely (I don't really have any problems at all), but the gap around the screen and/or dust under the screen issues are getting to me. If they had sealed the screen better it wouldn't have been a problem. But now that I'm seeing specs under there, I assume it will get worse as time goes. I'll be trading it in when the Verizon version of the bold comes around this next year (hopefully)
    02-13-09 09:08 PM
    A storm 2? Sure. Because of problems with the current storm? No.

02-13-09 09:12 PM
    There is another Storm in the works. It was called Stormsomething.. I can't remember. It was shown on RIM's product lineup a while back. We won't see it for some time, though. It will most likely have a faster processor, WiFi, tri-band 3G, Quad-band UTMS/GSM, BlueTooth, and GPS. One of those radios will be removed for the CDMA radio version. Of course, it's all going to be carrier specific. Hopefully, they don't lock the GPS like the Storm. That will be my next BB.
    02-13-09 09:15 PM
    I don't know ... :S
    02-13-09 09:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD