I hate to say it but I am very frustrated with the BB storm way too many glitches, battery pulls, battery power issues and random shutoffs etc.

I am not happy that I want to exchange it at all because Verizon Wireless has no real alternatives to the BB storm. So frustrating. I would be happy with the BB bold or the I phone but all this monopoly stuff is making me sick.

Now I am stuck with the only reasonable option getting the HTC Touch Pro. I am many frustrated because it has no global function and Quad Band GSM nor Dual Band GSM.

can't the customer get what they want any more.
    01-27-09 11:42 PM
    wait it out .. the storm will be fine.
    01-27-09 11:43 PM
    Sorry to hear that. Good luck

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-27-09 11:44 PM
    can't the customer get what they want any more.
    Were you promised anything on the Storm that you did not get?
    01-27-09 11:45 PM
    wait it out .. the storm will be fine.
    But I really think it is a hard ware issue and the battery is too small. If you look even the memory is better on the htc touch pro.

BB storm: 128MB Flash Memory

HTC Touch pro: 192MB RAM 512MB Flash/192MB
    01-27-09 11:48 PM
    Bold will be here in may. Use a used phone for a few months till it comes out. Or ***** at vzw to reset your upgrade bc you are not happy and keep the storm until may.

01-27-09 11:48 PM
    the Samsung Omnia is a global phone if that is what you need. I considered that phone (not for the global features, I don't travel hardly at all) and it was probably my back-up plan if I really couldn't stand the Storm.

I'm keeping my Storm, tho. I'm waiting for the bugs to get fixed!
    01-27-09 11:50 PM
    Grass is always greener. Enjoy winmo, its not for everyone and I want impressed by the htc.

But I really think it is a hard ware issue and the battery is too small. If you look even the memory is better on the htc touch pro.

BB storm: 128MB Flash Memory

HTC Touch pro: 192MB RAM 512MB Flash/192MB
    01-27-09 11:50 PM
    Were you promised anything on the Storm that you did not get?
    I got all the features that where promised. But that is the problem I don't hate the phone but I can't have the phone fail on me during an emergency. that would be bad. waiting 20 mins for the phone to boot up while some bad thing happens. the really is when it comes down to it I need a phone that is ultimately reliable. I did all the updates even the leak updates. I have had an LG small phone for 2 years and never once have I ever had this much trouble with a phone.
    01-27-09 11:55 PM
    it's Bye Bye.... btw...
    See Ya !
    01-28-09 12:00 AM
    Bold will be here in may. Use a used phone for a few months till it comes out. Or ***** at vzw to reset your upgrade bc you are not happy and keep the storm until may.

You know that is not a bad idea. where did you hear about the news about the Bold coming out in may? I would like to read up on that. as for "reset your upgrade" how dose that work? I mean I need to fork up more cash for that right?
    01-28-09 12:01 AM
    Man, I am thinking the same and I am bummed. But goodgrief... this phone is like a needy little pest. Way too high-maintenance. I am trying to hang in there, but this is really unreasonable. I posted before that if it were not for this site and the constant "dangling carrot" of some phantom OS that will make this phone NORMAL, I would be lonnnnngggg gone.

I will make my decision soon. I can only wait so long... the glitchy, slowness and typo's are ridiculous at this point. I would buy the BOLD in a heartbeat if it were on Verizon. I may take the advice from somebody above my post and go demand that Verizon allows me the upgrade for the Bold when it comes... Otherwise, I feel like we got screwed.

And don't give me the apologetic, give RIM a break stuff. This is business and they knew the bottom line of all of the risk/reward/return issues. This was no mistake.

I'm really just bummed more than mad. But the good news is, this is my first BB and I am certainly hooked on the usefulness, I just want what the bold offers--which appears to be consistency and structure--over silliness.

Honestly, how long will be too long to wait for the storm to function efficiently? We are all collectively asking to just reach average?

Like so many, I just dread ATT. This sucks. My posts recently were a mix of praise and questions. Now I just check everyday for help.... who wants to deal with that? Well, I do not.

I see a bold in my future. Then switch back to Verizon when they get it. They actually profit off of me as they sell an inferior product. Gee, some call that racketeering..... and they are right.
    Last edited by mfoster7; 01-28-09 at 12:08 AM.
    01-28-09 12:03 AM
    I may take the advice from somebody above my post and go demand that Verizon allows me the upgrade for the Bold when it comes... Otherwise, I feel like we got screwed.
    You know I may just do that. I hope that this would work tho. Like I said great phone but way too many problems.
    01-28-09 12:09 AM
    You know that is not a bad idea. where did you hear about the news about the Bold coming out in may? I would like to read up on that. as for "reset your upgrade" how dose that work? I mean I need to fork up more cash for that right?

Google the bb Niagara or just check out phone arenas website. As for upgrade reset, people unsatisfied have gotten free service for a month and someone managed to get their money back for the storm and got to keep it. So it wouldn't be that far out to demand you get to keep the phone and still be eligible for an upgrade in may when the bold comes.

01-28-09 12:10 AM
    I will make my decision soon. I can only wait so long... the glitchy, slowness and typo's are ridiculous at this point. I would buy the BOLD in a heartbeat if it were on Verizon. I may take the advice from somebody above my post and go demand that Verizon allows me the upgrade for the Bold when it comes... Otherwise, I feel like we got screwed.
    Do you have like scary big thumbs or something?
    I type on the Storm quick and effortless. Add words to the dictionary, learn to type on it. It's a breeze.

And don't give me the apologetic, give RIM a break stuff. This is business and they knew the bottom line of all of the risk/reward/return issues. This was no mistake.
    The mistake has already been admitted. The OS updates are behind the phone's hardware....So either patience OR which type of soy milk would you like?

I'm really just bummed more than mad. But the good news is, this is my first BB and I am certainly hooked on the usefulness, I just want what the bold offers--which appears to be consistency and structure--over silliness.

Honestly, how long will be too long to wait for the storm to function efficiently? We are all collectively asking to just reach average?

Like so many, I just dread ATT. This sucks.
    What have you done to return the phone?
    If your return policy is up, then WTH didn't you get a replacement, or document the issues with VZN?

Did you wait it out and do nothing?
    01-28-09 12:10 AM
    If they're smart they will do it. Will cost them more on the return and if you get a cheap used phone to hold off till may instead of letting you keep the storm and milking you for the data plan till may and getting more money out of you for the bold. Then you could sell your storm on egay. Win win for you and vzw.

01-28-09 12:14 AM
    No my little friend, I am on my 5th Storm. I have tried and endured. I am not as wacky-picky as "5 Storms" certainly implies. But when they were really new we all were finding our way through the shock-and-awe of the disappointment---that resulted in numerous exchanges for me.

Now I don't exchange--I understand. There is not a better one coming. Just more of the same.

I am past my 30 day return because I have been trying to wait for a miracle OS that will suddenly work. I could make a list of the undesirable consistent problems, but this site is full of them..

I love the good stuff, but not enough to keep me around much longer. I just have learned that the bold is probably better for me.

This screen-lag-glitch-oh wait did you press phone-huh-oh call-list, yeah -oh here is a contact--oh freeze--uh ok--speaker phone for a second--ok not now-- voice mail notification-uh maybe, maybe not-- text message --huh-what word is that?--press, press again, presssssss, ----

That is my life with this phone. It is ridiculous, but you just keeping hoping for the best. It is like the underdog--you just keep cheering him on, but you know he's bound to lose.
    01-28-09 12:29 AM
    Just get rid of it already.
    01-28-09 12:30 AM
    Well, bye.
    01-28-09 12:32 AM
    Well, bye.
    HAHAHAHAHA that is hilarious! Well....bye.

That is awesome!

I am crackin up.

I do like the phone, it must be a sign of the times that we (I) just expect flawless... Unreasonable, yes. But in the big picture---it keeps the system going.

Man, that post is so funny, I totally know that scene. You got me good.
    01-28-09 12:37 AM
    So many Tombstone quotes, so little time.
    01-28-09 12:38 AM
    Buggy and Glitchy?

If your running on the latest official OS release, then I don't know what your doing to it. My storm has been running almost flawlessy. (Had to do a battery pull once in the first week I had it, but I believe it was the application I was running that froze it.) My only annoyance has been the accelerometer response times in OS .75 (fixed in .90, but that OS does have more bugs) Not to mention i've noticed most who ***** about it fail to close out of the applications running. (Leaving them to run in the background slowing the phone down.)
    01-28-09 12:41 AM
    like wht's said.. the storm needs a bit of tuning up...
    i personally have no problem (other then the battery problem) =p
    with the storm....excellent with lil lag since i upgraded it to the .90
    01-28-09 12:44 AM
    If I were you I would wait until the next official firmware release and then see if you still want to exchange it. If forgot what song its from but " you don't know what you got till its gone" and it applies ti this situation lol

01-28-09 01:16 AM
    The sun usually follows the Storm. I say wait it out till March 1st when the official app store is said to open, and by then there should be at least one more official upgrade getting rid of most of the glitches and proving relatively stable. If by the end of the week of March 1st you still do not like the Storm, then this is not the phone for you. (This is pretty much what I am doing....lol)
    01-28-09 01:34 AM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD