so not sure where to post this but have to share....so i am on the way to work listening to the scanner on my s2 .....look up and d@mn bubblegums...so i swerve on over and mr officer cruises on up and tells me going a little fast huh and why do i hear a scanner...so i hold up my s2 and explain that there is obviously a delay because i didnt hear my lic# go through...so he takes my s2 and starts fingering it and says that is great ....coolest thing he has seen a phone do ...tells me he is due for an upgrade so i suggest the s2 and he laughs and says you know i can just give you a warning this time ...... ROCKIN OUT WITH MY S2 OUT....
    11-16-09 10:50 PM
    HAHA thats awsome. So what is this scanner thing? How does it work? is it free?
    11-16-09 10:52 PM
    Yes the scanner is free its the bb scanner can download from crackberry mobile and hit the link that says free storm apps....that is the only way i know haw to get there but blackberry internet service is down so good luck...
    11-16-09 10:55 PM
    Yes the scanner is free its the bb scanner can download from crackberry mobile and hit the link that says free storm apps....that is the only way i know haw to get there but blackberry internet service is down so good luck...
    Dont have my S2 back yet so I can wait! Getting one in a trade for my Droid (ugh) tomorrow. Hopefully the servers will be back up by then!!
    11-16-09 10:56 PM
    Unless something changed recently that I am unaware of, you get a 7 or 14 day trial free and then the app costs $2.99 and it is good for life no matter how many times you switch devices and it covers ALL software updates for life.
    11-16-09 10:58 PM
    I hope the servers are up tonight!!!!!! so didnt like the droid i see
    11-16-09 10:59 PM
    As a cop, I just pray that apps like this are used for the right reasons.
    11-16-09 11:02 PM
    i have had this app for about 2 months still free it does give me the option to buy it but you can listen to a frequency for 10min then it tells you to buy app but if you change frequncy before 10min you can go back and forth and not have to pay....its cool app i might just pay the 2.99 so i dont have to deal with the hassle....
    11-16-09 11:03 PM
    Well, there have been a few times I've used the BBscanner app to help find out what was going on during traffic situations. It is a handy app to have. I will soon be glad to pay the $2.99 for the full app, it is sweet to have.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-16-09 11:09 PM
    totally.....i use it to hear about accidents on the route ahead...i get info way before this BLOCKED TRAFFIC app....totally worthless unless your leaving in an hour...
    As a cop, I just pray that apps like this are used for the right reasons.
    11-16-09 11:12 PM
    totally worth the 2.99.......i just wish my local pd and state troopers were on it too....i posted a wanted add on CL looking for a digital scanner so i could try to figure out with radioreference.com how to broadcast....
    11-16-09 11:16 PM
    Its a neat app to have. A couple of weeks ago when the incident in Florida happened I was listening in along with a few THOUSAND listeners, and even heard when they had the shooter in custody.

And yes I do agree, coming from a family with a lot of law enforcement background, that this app should be used for the right reasons. Besides... I don't think bad guys are smart enough to have Blackberrys

11-17-09 12:52 PM
    hahaha great story
    11-17-09 12:57 PM
    That's a cool story. My dad was a cop for over 20 years, so I also hope this app is only used for good things. I'm going to try out the free trial. It sounds like it would worth buying.

11-17-09 01:11 PM
    This app rocks. Thanks irisheyes. This is the download link if anyone wants to try it:

http://ota.bbscanner.com/4.6/BBScanner.jad

11-17-09 01:44 PM
    mmm I am gettin that!
    11-17-09 02:03 PM
    mmm I am gettin that!
    I've been playing around with it for the last 10minutes or so. Its freaking cool.

11-17-09 02:08 PM
    a great app has to be shared...welcome welcome...
    This app rocks. Thanks irisheyes. This is the download link if anyone wants to try it:

http://ota.bbscanner.com/4.6/BBScanner.jad

Last edited by irisheyes419; 11-17-09 at 10:28 PM. Reason: user is a netbook tard
    11-17-09 10:27 PM
    Great app but has about a 2-3 min delay. I run rescue and thought I might be able to use it for my calls but was a little slow in receiving the transmission
    11-18-09 05:29 PM
    Great app but has about a 2-3 min delay. I run rescue and thought I might be able to use it for my calls but was a little slow in receiving the transmission
    I am also in the service, there is no way I would use it for my dispatch calls..

Got a mobile, portable and pager for that..... I don;t even depend on my text messages we are sent as up to the min. updates.

But it's a good app to check up on my feed I provide and also checking up on other area's
    11-18-09 05:50 PM
    It is a pretty cool app. I used it for a while with my curve. I just wish my city was listed. The adjacent county departments are but not mine. Oh well. I don't need to listen when I'm not at work anyway.

11-18-09 05:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD