As a longtime fan/user of Rhapsody, it's easy to say, that I was pleasantly surprised to receive an email, saying that the NEW Rhapsody app for BlackBerry has just been released.

Having dealt with Verizon's "FU! PayMe" version of Rhapsody, who would have thought that it could've gotten any more frustrating.

First, I open up the email, and click the link to download, of which it automatically uses the BB browser. It takes me to the Rhapsody page, and tells me that I need to go to Rhapsody.com/blackerry (why it didn't direct me in the first place...I don't know). After what seemed like an eternity, I just decided to use my Opera Mini. Unfortunately, if you want to download this "NEW app", then you have to use the BB browser. So be prepared to spend atleast 20+ mins of your life, closing the UPDATE ADOBE FLASH pages and then another 10 on zooming in on unnecessary page links.

Once you finally sign up on the Rhapsody.com/blackerry page, THERE you find out, that this "APP" is no more than just a way to log into your existing account (again...using your BB browser), and add tracks to your playlist.

I could be wrong. NO...SERIOUSLY... there is a strong possibility that I have not downloaded the "NEW APP," but honestly after 30-40 minutes of closing and zooming in on the pages , making sure I'm not being charged for something that I probably already own or am paying for, I just don't have it in me to try and see if there's something that I'm not comprehending.

If anyone has any luck and a better way of doing this, please let me know. This honestly wouldn't be as frustrating if I were able to use my Opera browser, but that BB browser (that I never use) is just too slow and God awful.

Sigh...Deep Breath. There. I feel a little better.
    11-15-10 01:07 PM
    isn't it easier to just use Pandora (or Slacker), FTW?
    11-15-10 01:40 PM
    ok, in your browser options, do you have "Blackberry" set under "Browser Identification"? i do, and when i navigate to rhapsody.com/blackberry i get a big yellow button that says "Get the App". click the big yellow button, and i get the familiar download confirmation window.

so, before you go off on a rant, make sure you check that next time you try to download an app.
    11-15-10 01:56 PM
    Nik, just checked on your package's status: in transit. I bet you're giddy, hahaha.
    11-15-10 02:07 PM
    ok, in your browser options, do you have "Blackberry" set under "Browser Identification"? i do, and when i navigate to rhapsody.com/blackberry i get a big yellow button that says "Get the App". click the big yellow button, and i get the familiar download confirmation window.

so, before you go off on a rant, make sure you check that next time you try to download an app.
    Noted. Didn't realize I had to change my browser settings every time I wanted to download an app, and what good is ranting if you know all the answers?

But thank you for your help.
    11-15-10 02:48 PM
    Noted. Didn't realize I had to change my browser settings every time I wanted to download an app, and what good is ranting if you know all the answers?

But thank you for your help.
    if you use Opera for web surfing, just leave your blackberry browser set to "BlackBerry" identification and you wont have to worry about it.
    11-15-10 03:01 PM
    Nik, just checked on your package's status: in transit. I bet you're giddy, hahaha.
    yeah, this day has gone by way too slow...
    11-15-10 03:03 PM
    Well, if you didn't have your browser emulation set to BB, whom do you have to blame for that? I think everyone should be aware that in order to install OTA apps, you need that set to Blackberry. Is this your first OTA app install you've tried to do?
    11-15-10 04:33 PM
    The only exception is Google Voice

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-15-10 05:46 PM

Ditto, no probs. Do what he said.
    11-15-10 06:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD