This happen to anyone else?

I was in the middle of updating my Twitter status, screen flashes to white, then black. Red light flashing for about 20 sec. followed by nothing. I press and hold the on button, takes about 2 min. to restart. A little slow at first, then seems to be OK. I am running 0.75. Also, Event Log says (Warning) - is that normal?

WTF?
    03-30-09 05:43 PM
    Welcome to the amazing OS of the BB Storm...
    Good Luck !
    03-30-09 06:07 PM
    Happened to me today too, your not alone.
    03-30-09 06:09 PM
    It happened to me yesterday. I wasn't even using it...It was on the desk and just rebooted.
    03-30-09 06:12 PM
    I have owned my storm for a couple of months and have also experienced this phenomenon myself. I can remember a few times but may have happened up to five times. My wife however experiences this much more that I do. She probably has had it happen around 15+ times. I am interested if anyone has suggestions for fixing this. My wife used Facebook the most of all the apps so maybe that has something to do with it, then again maybe it's just the phone she got.
    Just about everybody has experienced this at least once. I recommend upgrading to a beta os... once you do some research ;-)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    It's called a "Random Reboot" it usually happens when the OS hangs on a process or comes in contact with a large error. (or sometimes just for sh*ts and giggles

I also noticed with certain OSs the phone will reboot in an area of low signal OR when taking a picture and you leave the flash on too long.
    03-30-09 06:13 PM
    I've noticed that some applications cause it to happen. For example, I never had that problem before and decided to install TwitterBerry. Then the device could not stop restarting uncontrollably. I deleted the application and everything is fine. I'm thinking it may be due to the use of resources each application may use causing it to run low and restart.
    03-30-09 06:34 PM
    Just about everybody has experienced this at least once. I recommend upgrading to a beta os... once you do some research ;-)
    It's a common problem with the Storm OS. Mine usually occur randomly when I receive a call or SMS....which can really be a pain! I haven't been able to figure out why. The newer Beta OS's seem to be much better at keeping the random reboots to a minimum, but they still occur occasionally. You might consider trying one of the newer ones.....but read some of the threads in the OS section of the forum first. Hopefully the next "official" OS will minimize the problem. In the meantime, just enjoy the frustration with the rest of us!
    03-30-09 07:13 PM
    I noticed that it will happen whenever it gets bored.
    03-30-09 07:17 PM
    yeah kinda happens to me a lot. i'll be in the middle of a text or even on the phone and it will just shut off on me. sucks. i know. then people are like why did you hang up on me!? makes me quite frustrated
    03-30-09 07:18 PM
    Had a Pearl for 2 years. Could count on 1 hand the number of surprise reboots. Have the Storm for 3 weeks. Approx 10 surprise reboots. Have tried numerous OS upgrades and hyrbrids. Currently running marcuswyse Gold Code, but still get them every once in a while.
    RIM better get their act together or there going to start losing customers.
    03-30-09 07:41 PM
    happened to me today when I answered the phone.
    *Ring* .... I unclip from my holster...
    Hello? ... Hello?
    Oh, the phone went black... Niiiiice. and I had just done a QuckPull about 1/2 hour earlier so it would have full memory back on...

I think it may have something to do with it unclipping from my holster, it's the second time it's done it the last coupla days.

Yeah welcome to the Wonderful World of the Storm OS!
    It's a better handheld computer/email device than it is a phone, imho.
    03-30-09 07:47 PM
    i would suggest getting .113 I got it, it makes my phone seem like a new device. Had it for about 3 weeks and no random reboots since upgrading!
    03-30-09 08:02 PM
    i'm a newbie, how do i get the .113?
    03-30-09 08:11 PM
    welcome to the club
    03-30-09 08:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD