Went to purchase 3rd party app and was asked for the PIN#. I am assuming this is common, but I wanted to make sure it was ok to give that out? Thanks for all of the great information in this forum.
    03-05-09 03:01 PM
    yes they will not give it out to anyone, and even if they do there isnt much someone could do with it. pretty much.. they could add you to blackberry messenger haha, so no worries you should be fine. most of us post our pin on your profiles anyways!

edit: yay 200th post
    03-05-09 03:04 PM
    It's just your device ID, they'll use that number to generate the serial code, so the registration number can't be used on ther devices.
    03-05-09 03:13 PM
    Something else that's all too common is the redundant "Pin number" saying. PIN stands for Personal Identification Number, so there's no point adding the extra number at the end.

And nothing personal to the OP, really. I just figure most people prefer not to look/sound like an some inbred redneck hick from an isolated backwater community where your sister is also your aunt, grandmother, and niece. If no one points it out to you, how are you ever supposed to know?
    03-05-09 03:28 PM
    How did you know where I was from (my PIN)???? Suppose its like going to the ATM Machine...thanks for the help.
    03-05-09 03:36 PM
    Hehe... It's like sayin a french dip with au jus... Or if you played Saints Row, the Los Carnales :P

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-05-09 04:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD