never installed OS 5.0 on my storm, but I believe in 5.0.0.140 it did that... can anyone confirm?
    they had a lame attempt at doing that...called it "keyboard ghosting" search that and see how useless it is
    08-16-09 09:31 PM
    good type's need no stinkin bubble, we know where they lie.
    I concur my friend. well said.
    08-17-09 03:56 AM
    I didn't wanna focus on the camera, because of the OS version that I have has a problem with the camera. When you are aiming to taking a picture you see things upside down on the screen, but once you take the pic they come out normal (its just really hard to take the pic upside down LOL).

HUGE BUT HERE: The pictures are really better than the ones on the tour, and the camera is fast man! If not as fast as my Tour, maybe just a little bit faster.
    Thanks for the details! Other than all of the other good things mentioned, the camera and video are a big plus. I like keeping my family updated when I travel, but I don't always carry my camera with me, so crisp photos and videos are going to be great.
    08-17-09 09:48 AM
    never installed OS 5.0 on my storm, but I believe in 5.0.0.140 it did that... can anyone confirm?
    5.0.0.140 provides a similar feature, except it appears in the message field and not in the keyboard field.
    08-17-09 09:51 AM
    it looks really nice. i guess i'd have to test the tc on this one to see if it's much better than s1
    08-17-09 10:47 AM
    You do make some very valid points...I forgot about lte only being in a few markets around the time the 3rd gen Storm comes out...maybe I should use my upgrade and get the Storm 2 now that u mention it.

I kinda like the Touch Pro 2 also, but no flash on the camera and its not a capacitive touch screen. That killed it for me...I wonder will Verizon have an Lte Iphone the same year a Storm 4 comes out??...ok I'm thinkin too far into the future lol...even if Verizon did get a let Iphone I wouldn't get it...I love my Berry
    LTE is being tested in a few markets by fall 2009!! Rollout starts spring of 2010 I think, so a LTE Storm 3 is very likely!!
    08-17-09 12:05 PM
    You're putting the cart way before the horse talking about the Storm3 before the Storm2 is released. I honestly think that if Storm2 doesn't get a much better reception/sales figures than Storm1 that RIM could abandon the touchscreen device and just leave it all to Apple. They look at sales figures and problems and will direct compare the iPhone constantly. I bet the Storm1 is a pittance in comparison. Storm2 will be important because it will be the 2nd year of sales, improved device on a major network like Vzn. Pretty key stuff. And by the time a Storm3 comes out Apple's 5 year deal with ATT will be about over, and Vzn might be able to get the iPhone themselves. Deal over.
    08-17-09 01:18 PM
    I have to ask Sal do you have a bunker in your backyard? Something harden against RIMS ninja force. The video looks shot in a bunker.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-17-09 01:28 PM
    Also you mention these are early software version phones no wifi. Is the wifi chip in the phone or will u need to have to get new one phones?

08-17-09 01:30 PM
    This one look sick, i was tempted to get the 1st now that verizon is offering they're b1g1 free deal but i am so waiting for this one. Thanks for the vid i have made my decision.
    08-17-09 01:31 PM
    Also you mention these are early software version phones no wifi. Is the wifi chip in the phone or will u need to have to get new one phones?

Probably an OS thing.
    08-17-09 01:35 PM
    LTE is being tested in a few markets by fall 2009!! Rollout starts spring of 2010 I think, so a LTE Storm 3 is very likely!!
    Think like this 3g on vzw been out a couple years. Up till last your there was no 3g bb till nov. And. The storm was released it has been 8months and we finally have a second bb tour with 3g. The upcoming 8530 are 2g phones. So all this talk about of 4g is crazy I say at least one or two years before we see a bb on 4g. The data cards will get the service first then trickle down to phones.

08-17-09 01:36 PM
    I have to ask Sal do you have a bunker in your backyard? Something harden against RIMS ninja force. The video looks shot in a bunker.

LOL

I am not sure, and I haven't asked if I can just do an OS upgrade and get WiFi or not, but I know I can upgrade my phone up to a really new OS version, so that MIGHT be a yes.

If not, not to worry about it, I'll get my hands on a Wifi Odin soon *Fingers Crossed*
    08-17-09 01:56 PM
    You're putting the cart way before the horse talking about the Storm3 before the Storm2 is released. I honestly think that if Storm2 doesn't get a much better reception/sales figures than Storm1 that RIM could abandon the touchscreen device and just leave it all to Apple. They look at sales figures and problems and will direct compare the iPhone constantly. I bet the Storm1 is a pittance in comparison. Storm2 will be important because it will be the 2nd year of sales, improved device on a major network like Vzn. Pretty key stuff. And by the time a Storm3 comes out Apple's 5 year deal with ATT will be about over, and Vzn might be able to get the iPhone themselves. Deal over.
    I might be one of the few but if Rim does what they're suppose to do than who will really give a damn about the iphone. I have the Storm and personally liked it better than the iphone when I was picking a new phone after playing with a bunch of touch screens. The Storm has some defects just like every phone on the market but if RIM can correct it and get people just to give the 2nd model a chance I'm sure RIM will have no reason to abandon the touch screen devices. I have to wait till june 2010 for my upgrade to the storm 2 and to me that gives RIM enough time (for me) to correct and defects with the newest storm. As of Storm 3 I'm sure it will be made but I highly doubt RIM is putting to much effort in it especially when they're trying to test the storm 2 and get it ready for later this year.

08-17-09 01:58 PM
    I might be one of the few but if Rim does what they're suppose to do than who will really give a damn about the iphone. I have the Storm and personally liked it better than the iphone when I was picking a new phone after playing with a bunch of touch screens. The Storm has some defects just like every phone on the market but if RIM can correct it and get people just to give the 2nd model a chance I'm sure RIM will have no reason to abandon the touch screen devices. I have to wait till june 2010 for my upgrade to the storm 2 and to me that gives RIM enough time (for me) to correct and defects with the newest storm. As of Storm 3 I'm sure it will be made but I highly doubt RIM is putting to much effort in it especially when they're trying to test the storm 2 and get it ready for later this year.

I might be talking out of my bu77 here, but this phone is awesome. In order to destroy the Iphone, or at least hurt their sales in a big way, all RIM has to do is a marketing campaign about the STORM 2 saying YOU GET THE BEST OF BOTH WORLDS (BUSINESS/ENTERTAINMENT) and probably introduce a couple more of games for the Storm and Video functions. That's all they really need to do.

Apple has the silliest apps ever, and people just drool over those. I mean, they are showing in commercials how you can have a compass app! Really?! Who the %^$# needs a compass now a days?!?!?!

Or how about the contact transfer? Just by bumping the phone?! Yeah its awesome but not everyone has an Iphone, so its hard to find someone with the same phone, and if you are next to each other its kind of useless....

All RIM has to do is market this phone by bashing how useless 95% of the apps on the Iphone are.. That's it!

Again, this is just my opinion and I might be 100% wrong! LOL I hope not though.
    08-17-09 02:08 PM
    I might be talking out of my bu77 here, but this phone is awesome. In order to destroy the Iphone, or at least hurt their sales in a big way, all RIM has to do is a marketing campaign about the STORM 2 saying YOU GET THE BEST OF BOTH WORLDS (BUSINESS/ENTERTAINMENT) and probably introduce a couple more of games for the Storm and Video functions. That's all they really need to do.

Apple has the silliest apps ever, and people just drool over those. I mean, they are showing in commercials how you can have a compass app! Really?! Who the %^$# needs a compass now a days?!?!?!

Or how about the contact transfer? Just by bumping the phone?! Yeah its awesome but not everyone has an Iphone, so its hard to find someone with the same phone, and if you are next to each other its kind of useless....

All RIM has to do is market this phone by bashing how useless 95% of the apps on the Iphone are.. That's it!

Again, this is just my opinion and I might be 100% wrong! LOL I hope not though.
    Well I don't think RIM should publicly bash the iphone's apps in public...they can leave that up to their employees or people pretty high up there in the company...kind of how the presidential candidate relies on his VP or supporters to spill all the shady things about the opponent so that the Presidential candidate can be viewed as the one taking the "high road".
    Anyways I agree RIM should really hit big with their ads. They need to showcase how the Storm 2 still is a blackberry therefore providing the advanced security features and push e-mail BlackBerry is known for. Plus showcasing the new screen technology which I'm sure will be a major part of this phones success. Adding a couple more free apps and making their commercials more flashy will help out majorly The Storm 2 I'm sure will have both substance and eye grabbing attention. The iphone lacks substance .

08-17-09 02:19 PM

Sal well said! I couldnt agree with you more and to reiterate......When I saw the iphone commercial with the contact and picture transfer I thought it was cool but I thought to myself "not everyone has an iphone with the same app" Anyway, as a recent college grad with my marketing degree all RIM has to do is put together a nice marketing campaign for the S2 touching on all the things a BB does so very well with the added entertainment and BAM.......C�est la vie!
    Last edited by frankiej; 08-17-09 at 02:31 PM.
    08-17-09 02:28 PM
    I can't wait!!!

08-17-09 02:37 PM
    No one has commented on the apparent TV and radio shown in the video. Was I dreaming or was there a TV and radio included on the Storm 2 in the video?

Sal -- Do you think this is something that will make it into the US verison?
    08-17-09 03:06 PM
    RIM should integrate the App World into their desktop syncing software. Kind of like the iPhone App Store is accessible through iTunes, the same needs to be done for App World. That way, anyone considering a smartphone can download the software and look at the apps available.

Yeah, Blackberries are geared towards the business user, but they need to reach the entry-level consumer crowd. By opening up their App World more with a refined user-interface that you don't have to use PayPal with, they could attract a lot more customers that are looking for more than just _____berry or Berry_____ clone apps.
    08-17-09 03:34 PM
    What is with that god-awful insanely loud clicking every time the screen is pressed? My Storm 1 has a nice quiet muffled click whereas this one seems to be loud as ****. Maybe it'll be different as this guy seems to be in a simulated jail cell, judging by the loudness and extreme echo, haha.

08-17-09 07:37 PM
121 ... 345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD