I am a newbie to the BB OS. I switched to Verizon from my iPhone because of AT&T's crappy service. I am learning my way around the phone, but still have a few questions.

Is there a way, when I open e-mails, to have the images automatically be visible?

I've been lurking and reading the message boards and have seen a lot of people discussing resetting the phone. Should this be done after installing new apps, and if so, how would I reset the phone.

Thanks for any input.
    04-23-10 01:00 PM
    To reset you can either download Quickpull free (in the app store) ore pull the battery. Meterberry and Quicklaunch hav ethe same feature.

There is a program (called Show me the images) that allows you "take control of your images" and its in the forums. I just searched "images" in the search box and it popped up. I haven't used it so I'm not sure how it actually works. Other than that, I don't know of any other way to auto download images.
    04-23-10 01:22 PM
    There is a context menu option for emails called "Get Images," which will download all the images for the email. The images will also appear automatically, I believe, if they have been downloaded previously and are still cached. I do not know if there is a way to automatically download new images without selecting "Get Images" from the menu.

Some apps need the phone to be rebooted when you install or delete them. The easiest way to do this is to press alt+right caps+del. (right caps = the key that looks like ^aA on the right side, not the left one). This is also a good thing to do if your BlackBerry is behaving oddly or something isn't working that should be. A reboot can solve lots of strange quirks.
    04-23-10 01:26 PM
    Thanks for all the advice. My phone has not been acting quirky, and none of the apps I've installed have asked for a reboot, so I guess I'm good.

I'll do a search for "images" to see if I can solve the e-mail problem, or I'll just get use to selecting "get images".
    04-23-10 01:32 PM
    Welcome!

Even if you have it set to download email images automatically, it doesn't. I'm also not sure if the Show Me app works.

Resetting the S2 isn't really needed unless something calls for it - app install, app uninstall, freezing, etc. If an app install/uninstall asks for it, the option to do so will be right there. If the phone freezes, you may have to physically pull the battery. If you just want to reset it for whatever other reason, there are a few apps that can do it - QuickPull, QuickLaunch, RestartMe, etc. Some are free, some aren't.

Since you're new to the S2, you might want to browse thru this.

Have fun, there's lots to do with this phone.
    04-23-10 01:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD