omg i had BB maps and now out of nowere its gone anyhelp plz!!!?!?!?!?!!
    04-22-09 03:50 PM
    Resend service books. Then do a batt pull. If that
    dorsnt work, install google maps, its way better and works with gps now.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-22-09 03:55 PM

I prefer Nav4all but i can confirm that GPS does work for google maps now
    04-22-09 03:57 PM

ok but so u understand i did tht 1st second of all if u smart enough tht if with gsm provider like tmo u need bbmaps to lock on to satelite bc then the gps doesnt work at all so anyone else with suggestions??
    04-22-09 03:58 PM
    First check to see if the app is still installed on your device (Options> Advanced Options> Applications). If it is still installed, then it is probably hidden. From the home screen press the bb key twice to open the menu and then select show all. Now go to your applications and look for Maps. If not here, look in every folder. Once found, highlight the app, press the bb key and select hide. This will now unhide the app. If it isn't installed, open app loader and install the app again.

04-22-09 05:01 PM
    I just put Google maps on my storm and all I get is the half screen with the keyboard. I tried the compatibility mode and it didn't help. Is there a special version for the storm?
    04-22-09 05:25 PM
    First check to see if the app is still installed on your device (Options> Advanced Options> Applications). If it is still installed, then it is probably hidden. From the home screen press the bb key twice to open the menu and then select show all. Now go to your applications and look for Maps. If not here, look in every folder. Once found, highlight the app, press the bb key and select hide. This will now unhide the app. If it isn't installed, open app loader and install the app again.

Idk i tryed almost eveythin u said i even edowngrade went from .75, .114, .114 with hybrids, and still no bbmaps and i really need it and then i upgrade again to .122 and still nothin please crackberry genuinses plz help my storm is screwed up!!!
    04-22-09 10:37 PM
    In the new OS, BBMaps access is governed by Service Books. If you don't have one for it, you won't see the icon, even if the cods are loaded for it. Since you're on T-Mobile with a Storm, this most likely is your issue.
    04-22-09 10:42 PM
    How do you get the right service books?
    04-22-09 11:49 PM
    ya how more info so we resolve this issue?
    04-23-09 12:27 AM
    Hasn't it always worked with GPS? My issue used to be that it didn't track.
    04-23-09 02:47 AM
    Hasn't it always worked with GPS? My issue used to be that it didn't track.
    It tracks if you hit button to lock into My Location.

04-23-09 07:34 PM
    How do I set the google maps to use the gps that has recently been unlocked? I think it will work better than Blackberry Maps.
    05-14-09 08:45 AM
    How do I set the google maps to use the gps that has recently been unlocked? I think it will work better than Blackberry Maps.
    Go to Options, Advance Options, GPS And turn location on. Last I remembered this will not work for 8330. Only BBMaps and VZNav will pick up GPS. GMaps will use Cell Sites to triangulate your loc.
    05-14-09 09:11 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD