When in the Blackberry holster, when I get email, there is not sound. Out of the holster it works fine. Anyone have a solution?
    12-11-08 01:38 AM
    Mine goes on all vibrate. I would like to change that but dont know how??
    12-11-08 02:12 AM
    Open up your email account, use the menu button and select options. Then select message alerts. This will let you choose any of your email/messaging accounts. Set "sound in holster" to yes. That should fix it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by Peaugh; 12-11-08 at 03:23 AM.
    12-11-08 02:37 AM
    Forgive my stupidity but what is this holster business? Is this just the sounds the phone emits when in landscape mode for example or when it's in an actual holster? Also what holster are you guys using for your storm?
    12-11-08 02:54 AM
    I have lost my holster and in the UK you cant buy replacements :-( now very worried about scratching the phone/screen - they are coming soon aparently so I have ordered one from the crackberry site for now ...

Re sounds and stuff in holster - whilst I had it - there were no problems in or out of the holster ....
    12-11-08 03:10 AM
    The holsters that people are talking about have a magnet in them which trigger a different type of sleep mode stand by

so when thats triggered you have options of having a alert making the phone recognize when it is in a holster and when its not..

It also preserves battery life in this mode..

Hope this helps.
    12-11-08 03:19 AM
    Open up your email account, use the menu button and select options. Then select message alerts. This will let you choose any of your email/messaging accounts. Set "sound in holster" to yes. That should fix it.

Helped. Thanks!
    12-11-08 07:17 AM
    If you check out some of the videos that have been posted on the main page, I wouldn't be overly worried about the screen scratching

Folks have put this thing through some fairly brutal tests and the screen has stood up well to the abuse.

Not that pounding on it with a 2lb lump hammer or chisel isn't going to leave a dint, but I am no longer worried about the screen getting scuffed by my keys (as my old Curve screen was).

12-11-08 07:50 AM
    ok i would like for the phone to go into sleep mode when i put it in my holster, step by step how do i achieve this? i see the magnet is supposed to trigger this but i need to know if i have the right settings because its not going to sleep
    12-11-08 08:52 AM
    There are no settings that I am aware of to trigger sleep mode for the phone. If the holster you have has the magnet, it will go to sleep.

I believe (I could be wrong) that the settings you can adjust are for what rings and vibrates when in the holster.

Are you sure your holster is one that puts the device to sleep?
    12-11-08 09:20 AM
    Ok guys thanks for the info but what are some nice holsters though????
    12-11-08 12:41 PM
    Travva, go to seidio.com
    12-11-08 12:48 PM
    I have the Blackberry Leather case that VZ has for the storm with the flap on top to keep it in. I highly recommend it, works great
    12-11-08 12:55 PM
    Thanks Detective. Also, thanks johnny!
    12-11-08 01:47 PM
    Yeah, i'm using the seidio spring clip holster and it's outstanding! I used to hate holsters, too

12-11-08 03:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD